SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The Relegation Battle Aftermath

14 Blackburn 29 -12 32

15 Blackpool 28 -13 32

16 West Brom 29 -15 32

17 West Ham 29 -13 31

18 Birmingham 27 -12 30

Wolves could get something against Spurs on Sunday a win will put them on 31 points. Man City have been out of form recently and are playing Wigan shortly, wouldn't surprise me if they picked up a point (a win would put Wigan on 30 points).

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The worst thing is, should we be relegated, clubs will look at Hoillet, Ollson, Jones, Robinson etc, we will be left with Roberts, Julie no flair and no bloody money, christ Andersons a clown, Keans as bad and as for Venkys, Anderson and Kean must be real smooth talkers, reminds me of the cockney spivs in the old Budgie series!!

• Backroom

We have to hope other teams implode as I can't see us surviving on merit at the moment, if I was a betting man I'd say we will go down :(

Blackpool is a 6 pointer, but unfortunately that means the result is just as important for them.

Very few winnable games left.

Arsenal, Man City, Everton and Man United game potentially will yield 0 points.

Home games to Blackpool, Birmingham and Bolton are so vital especially with us playing Wolves and West Ham away.

Almost no more second chances.

The next two games will define our season.....

Lose against Fulham and Blackpool and we're down. We will then be in complete freefall and I honestly couldn't see us scraping more than three points from the remaining fixtures. In fact, I feel the Daily mail have been generous.

Oh dear...

BBC Predictor I have

14 Rovers 41

15 Wolves 39 (last day win saves them!)

16 Blackpool 38

17 Birmingham 38

18 West Brom 37

19 West Ham 37

20 Wigan 33

I'm furious that we have got into this situation.

This situation was totally avoidable too.Foolish and ill-advised decisions by new owners who knew nothing about football,let alone our club, see's us in this horrible position.

The delights of Barnsley,Doncaster and Bristol may await us.

The worst thing is, should we be relegated, clubs will look at Hoillet, Ollson, Jones, Robinson etc, we will be left with Roberts, Julie no flair and no bloody money, christ Andersons a clown, Keans as bad and as for Venkys, Anderson and Kean must be real smooth talkers, reminds me of the cockney spivs in the old Budgie series!!

If we are relegated there will probably be no choice other than to sell those players. Can't afford to pay them and the debts will need paying off..............unless the Raos prove very, very, very brave and have £30m available to fund a promotion push (which is what it cost the trust).

• Backroom

BBC Predictor I have

14 Rovers 41

15 Wolves 39 (last day win saves them!)

16 Blackpool 38

17 Birmingham 38

18 West Brom 37

19 West Ham 37

20 Wigan 33

I have us to go down on 37 points in between Wigan and WBA

All the teams below us have got a game in hand as well.

With what we've got left I can't see us staying up. If we had a manager who didn't make bizarre subs when we're playing alright I may feel differently, but when we're giving the opposition a decent game he screws it up. So what chance have we got against that?

Administration...

are you allowed to cancel contracts and sack players in administration, or when the obvious young talent we have hoillet, olsson, jones, robbo(not so young) + samba have gone to spurs will we be minus 15 points at the bottom of the championship still playing $$$$$$$ peds,andrews,salgado and roberts.urrghhhhhhhhh next game and formica turning out to be a season saver can't come quick enough

Said it before but Wolves have by far the best run in of all the teams at the bottom. They won't go down IMO. After today they've got..

Sat 19 15:00 A Aston Villa PREM

April

Sat 2 15:00 A Newcastle PREM

Sat 9 12:45 H Everton PREM

Sat 16 15:00 A Stoke City PREM

Sat 23 15:00 H Fulham PREM

May

Sun 1 12:00 A Birmingham PREM

Sun 8 13:00 H WBA PREM

Sat 14 15:00 A Sunderland PREM

Sun 22 16:00 H Blackburn

Archived