BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Ronaldinho

• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The climate is way better, the women are hot as hell and the nightlife is out of this world. In fact, living in a mansion enjoying your life in Brazil playing for your hometown club versus living in Alderley Edge and commuting to some random Lancashire town each day...we never had a chance really, did we?

How many cliches can you fit in to one statement?

They are still reporting he hasn't signed for anyone yet.

Which is true

Blackburn or Beach?

I'm afraid that the beach won.

Sadly, Ronnie was never interested in little old Blackburn. Quite a few of his advisors were interested in using Blackburn's offer to push up deals with clubs in Brazil though.

When I heard yesterday that noone could meet the release fee in Brazil I was positive but today all I hear is that Ronnie would rather rot at AC Milan than come here.

I hope Venkys do bring players in. I was hoping that this would happen to calm the fire a little bit. Sadly I fear that the fire is about to have petrol thrown on it. Fingers crossed, everything works out fine.

• Backroom

No harm done in my eyes, brightened up the last few days, shame some people had to get so wound up on the negative side of it (no names mentioned)

Anyway why would we need this Brazilian bloke when we have Keith Andrews?

Now bring on Zidane

Blackburn or Beach?

I'm afraid that the beach won.

Sadly, Ronnie was never interested in little old Blackburn. Quite a few of his advisors were interested in using Blackburn's offer to push up deals with clubs in Brazil though.

When I heard yesterday that noone could meet the release fee in Brazil I was positive but today all I hear is that Ronnie would rather rot at AC Milan than come here.

I hope Venkys do bring players in. I was hoping that this would happen to calm the fire a little bit. Sadly I fear that the fire is about to have petrol thrown on it. Fingers crossed, everything works out fine.

You said earlier that if Ron didn't come, something very bad would happen? Can you give a hint??

You said earlier that if Ron didn't come, something very bad would happen? Can you give a hint??

Not exactly.

There has been some happenings behind the scenes but I'm hoping that they've all been sorted out now. There's no point in dragging up old ground now.

Still very much live:

‘I am not subject to auction,’ said the 30-year-old.

‘If it were down to me I would already be wearing the Gremio shirt, even on less money.

‘The problem is not the proposal they made to me, but what Milan are asking for. Nobody has come close.’

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1344349/Blackburn-target-Ronaldinho-claims-No-Brazilian-clubs-matched-AC-Milans-valuation.html#ixzz1ACy5lDgp

Still very much live:

‘I am not subject to auction,’ said the 30-year-old.

‘If it were down to me I would already be wearing the Gremio shirt, even on less money.

‘The problem is not the proposal they made to me, but what Milan are asking for. Nobody has come close.’

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1344349/Blackburn-target-Ronaldinho-claims-No-Brazilian-clubs-matched-AC-Milans-valuation.html#ixzz1ACy5lDgp

Parts of that article was snatched from here so wouldn't trust that 'SPORTSMAIL REPORTER' has done his/her job very thoroughly.

Can someone explain just how they thought Rovers were going to afford Ronaldinho?

Venky’s have an estimated £150m wealth, a lot less than they claimed during the takeover, while this is a lot to the common man it’s not for Premiership football club owners.

Just how was a club making a loss year on year going to pay for this? Seriously.

Nothing other than a publicity stunt I’m afraid, it’s clear to see.

Can someone explain just how they thought Rovers were going to afford Ronaldinho?

Venky's have an estimated £150m wealth, a lot less than they claimed during the takeover, while this is a lot to the common man it's not for Premiership football club owners.

Just how was a club making a loss year on year going to pay for this? Seriously.

Nothing other than a publicity stunt I'm afraid, it's clear to see.

Proof/Fact sadly lacking from your statements, with a large portion of ground bait thrown in.

You lost on the last topic you stuck your nose in and you will lose on this one.

Venky’s have an estimated £150m wealth, a lot less than they claimed during the takeover, while this is a lot to the common man it’s not for Premiership football club owners.

Nothing other than a publicity stunt I’m afraid, it’s clear to see.

I thought £150m was the annual turnover?

No bait at all my friend. A serious point.

How would Blackburn have sustained such losses? Are they REALLY willing to put that much cash in?

I thought £150m was the annual turnover?

Apparently not, reportedly already committed nearly a third of the wealth to buying the club in the first place.

No bait at all my friend. A serious point.

How would Blackburn have sustained such losses? Are they REALLY willing to put that much cash in?

Apparently not, reportedly already committed nearly a third of the wealth to buying the club in the first place.

It was from their own collective wealth not from company profits or Rovers budget, apparently.

This is the source I am using. He does not seem to be convinced.

* Digger

* Matt Scott

* The Guardian, Wednesday 5 January 2011

Anuradha Desai, the head of Venky's, spelled out the £20.9m details of the contract Blackburn Rovers were prepared to offer Ronaldinho. Along with their interest in David Beckham, the club were supposedly bidding for two of the game's most garlanded players. How they would have paid for such purchases was not detailed.

Digger has already reported how Venky's had to commit £46m of its £150m in cash to buy Rovers, which is not exactly a goldmine; only the sale of Roque Santa Cruz to Manchester City saved Blackburn from a £6.5m cash loss in the 2008‑09 season. Whether Venky's shareholders would also accept the Mumbai-stock market-listed entity committing up to £7.2m a year to Ronaldinho when its most recently stated annual group profits were £29m would surely have been doubtful.

Lo and behold, yesterday the caretaker manager, Steve Kean, added: "Day by day it is looking further away rather than closer. [but] we are trying to show a bit of intent by looking at two players like David Beckham and Ronaldinho." A bit of intent, with a bit of publicity for Venky's along the way

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2...thletic-owners

Archived