BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Ronaldinho

The manager has been quoted that he'd like the player to come over for talks. If he really wanted to attract a player of this calibre he's the one that should be jumping on the plane to Brazil.

If Ronnie wants to play in England and earn his money then I personally would want him to fly to England. If he can't be bothered with the £20m contract then obviously he's not worth it.

• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Either your brain's addled from posting at an ungodly hour or you really are losing it.

United would never buy fat, ageing, demotivated, over-the-hill players such as Ronaldinho.

Fat?

Makes me laugh when football fans say this. The bloke is ripped you fool, not fat in slightest.

Either your brain's addled from posting at an ungodly hour or you really are losing it.

United would never buy fat, ageing, demotivated, over-the-hill players such as Ronaldinho.

Let me point you in the direction of Laurent Blanc, after his capture they lost 9 times that season and finished 3rd, their worst showing ever in the Premiership, and failed to win a trophy for the first time since 1997-1998.

Let me point you in the direction of Laurent Blanc, after his capture they lost 9 times that season and finished 3rd, their worst showing ever in the Premiership, and failed to win a trophy for the first time since 1997-1998.

But not before the b****** took an outrageous dive against the Rovers to get an equalising penalty in a game we went on to lose 2-1.

Any sympathy I had for him missing the World Cup final evaporated after that.

Fat?

Makes me laugh when football fans say this. The bloke is ripped you fool, not fat in slightest.

It's a joke isn't it. Ronny like the vast majority of pro footballers are incredibly fit, many of those who call them really should look in the mirror first. Ronny might be carrying an extra pound or two at the moment but that'll be gone in a matter of days with full training.

It's a joke isn't it. Ronny like the vast majority of pro footballers are incredibly fit, many of those who call them really should look in the mirror first. Ronny might be carrying an extra pound or two at the moment but that'll be gone in a matter of days with full training.

Depends on the attitude and the psychology - not hard for footballers to lose weight if they are professional and motivated, but things can go (literally) pear shaped quickly if these things aren't right. Just look at Benni McCarthy.

Ronnie for me would have a massive risk of doing a McCarthy. It is hard to see what his motivation would be. The ideal would be for Ronnie to be another Tugay - laid back but also deeply comitted. However after spending nine years at the very top it is not for certian.

Plus on top of that you have to ask what the destabilising influence of someone on 3 times the money of our next most well paid player, and the entourage that will follow him around, and that he will probably carry more weight in the dressing room than our manager, and that we simply cannot afford those sorts of wages so are dependent on Venky's to underwrite.

If it was me I would not risk it to be honest. I think the potential costs outweigh the benefits.

my two pennys worth on the subject of his wages. Do you really think the other players at rovers are going to begrudge a world superstar getting vastly more money than them? they know what he will be on and quiet frankly would welcome a world class genius in the team, they would up their game and would relish playing alongside one of the finest players the game has eve seen. I dont think keith andrews is going to expect to match ronaldinho's wages when you compare the two players in terms of ability, kieth andrews is just an example.

Can't wait for Ronaldinho to confirm and sign the deal with Gremio or whichever Brazilian club. I just hope we start focusing on players that we realistically can sign, especially players with Premiership experience. Don't wanna see clubs like Birmingham, Newcastle or Sunderland beefing up their squad and we ended up with nothing when the window closes.

Archived