BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Ali Syed to buy Racing Santander

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seriously, I would keep an open mind on those reports in the Deccan.

Indeed. He DEFINITELY has the money. He said so and phil has seen the documents.

Syed:

Bank account with billions in (no source of Income).

Dirty flat.

Big plans

Maybe he should organise a cricket tournament in the West Indies? (caveat: this is a joke and has no basis in reality)

Seriously, I would keep an open mind on those reports in the Deccan.

I can't believe that you are still promoting this guy!

You ridiculed Goldberg's report from the BBC and suggested that Syed's lawyers would have a field day. Instead Goldberg came back on air and not only repeated his accusations but revealed that he had the paper trail to back up his claims. Julia Thiem assured us that the claims would all be refuted in due time. We are still waiting.

He also had difficulty convincing the Bahrain authorities that his business was acting within the law. They stopped him trading from his Bahrain office. Thiem did admit that their books were not very clear in some aspects.

Then, of course, we hired Rothschilds to vet the would-be buyers of the club. They chose Venkys. Sam said that one of the bids was a joke......I wonder which one?

Now we have this Hyderabad tale of woe.

Either Syed is the unluckiest, most maligned person on Earth or we are well shot of him.

Even if the money existed and was not on it's way to the laundromat, I'm glad we didn't sell to an owner who would spend vast sums on a whim, because there would be just as much chance he would spend nothing on a whim. At least with Venky's they have some serious skin in the game - their company's expansion plans and their reputation - so they need it to work. Syed didn't.

Even if the money existed and was not on it's way to the laundromat, I'm glad we didn't sell to an owner who would spend vast sums on a whim, because there would be just as much chance he would spend nothing on a whim. At least with Venky's they have some serious skin in the game - their company's expansion plans and their reputation - so they need it to work. Syed didn't.

Well said.

Many fans seem to be struggling with the concept that being owned by another business with aligned but not shared interests is a different proposition to being owned by a sugar daddy. Understandable, given that we were fortunate enough to be owned for a time by one of the best there will ever be.

I've no personal beef with Syed, best of luck to him at Racing Santander but if he was the best sugar daddy type owner we could find interested in the club after three(?) years or so on the market then that speaks volumes. He had his chance and failed to execute.

There are plenty of examples of individuals buying football clubs and coming to the conclusion owning a football club isn't as much fun as they thought it would be. In our position, blindly following the same path with the least worst suitor is no less risky than going with Venkys. Indeed, aligning our fortunes with theirs and being forced to do things differently is one reason why I'm more optimistic it'll have a good chance of working out. Time will tell, of course.

An individual buying a football club with a view to an investment needs to pull off a trick that few have managed, making money out of the thing. On the other hand, as long as we're only a modest and not huge drain on Venky's resources, they'll be getting a return on their investment so long as their business grows on the back of the publicity, kudos and other intangible benefits that come along with owning a football club.

We can only hope they are similarly diligent in finding us a new owner when that is no longer the case.

I searched for some reference that I could use as humour and typed in Zigic into google and there is NO reference other then Nikola Zigic anywhere.

Smacks of laziness anyway from Syed, going after a player who has been at the club twice before, looking to take apart the Barcelona defence with Zigic and Pedro Munitis.....

I am glad this untraceable multi-gazzilionaire came no where near this club.

Syed sacked the Racing manager already, is this longer than Sam lasted under Venkys?

Just been looking it up- Mandia lasted all of one day under Syed! However, he was in an acting capacity having himself replaced another Manager who was sacked after ten games of this season.

Syed sacked the Racing manager already, is this longer than Sam lasted under Venkys?

To be honest, I would've preferred if Sam was fired right after the takeover than the way he was fired eventually. If the new regime wants to wring the changes at the club, they should make them straight away and be honest about it. Either fire them straight away or give them a chance to do a job for you til the end of the season.

From reading that article, He seems to know what he is doing. I like the last bit when he says " I want to bring talent, but how much, I will let the experts decide"

It's a shame that he did not buy rovers. Hope all the Syed Ali haters are happy with what's going on at rovers. We lost a very good manager and an excellent chairman. We are going backwards as a club and the manager is not good enough to change tactics during a game. Reminds me of Ince all over AGAIN.

Bet Jack Walker is not happy with what is going on at his beloved rovers.

From reading that article, He seems to know what he is doing. I like the last bit when he says " I want to bring talent, but how much, I will let the experts decide"

It's a shame that he did not buy rovers. Hope all the Syed Ali haters are happy with what's going on at rovers. We lost a very good manager and an excellent chairman. We are going backwards as a club and the manager is not good enough to change tactics during a game. Reminds me of Ince all over AGAIN.

Bet Jack Walker is not happy with what is going on at his beloved rovers.

Chaddy the guy talks a lot of nonsense. He announced that Zigic was coming to Satander- where is he?

Look about 2 pages back and there is yet another court case against him where he owes people money, I am VERY glad that he has not bought Rovers, ironic how Syed sacked his manager after ONE game, you are right I can see how Syed is different to Venkys :lol:

Archived