BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Wigan Vs Blackburn Rovers

No excuses. We bottled it. Defending was crap. Anyone who brings up the pitch should know that both teams played on the SAME pitch.

We are far too exposed at the back, and not clinical enough up front. Wigan and West Brom play expansive football too but look at their results through out the season. We are on the verge of becoming another one of those sides.

I dont know what Kean said at half time, but whatever it was it worked...for WIGAN...

His record is starting to look towards the losing side with another defeat.

Only an Arsenal fan can feel worse than us today.

• Replies 780
  • Created
  • Last Reply

some of the knee jerk reactions on here are ridiculous. How anyone expected us to get anything with a pitch like that is way past me.

Junior had a great game again, surprisingly so did MGP (who wasnt to blame for their 3nd btw, it was jones what should of put a foot in not peds)

poor defending cost us, but the pitch did play a large part. Kalinic has to get his run in the team now, he is the only striker we have that can score

Over, very disappointed :angry2:

To those who say we didn't deserve anything from the game. Come on, like Wigan were any good. They were bloody awful so it's a very bitter pill to swallow that they knocked 4 past us.

For the amount of time in the opposition box in the first half they should have been dead and buried. Our strikers, are absolutely terrible. Infact it seems whenever the goal flashes across the box there's just no one there to head it in. Second game I've seen with some of the best crossing I've seen from Rovers from wide areas and no one to crack them in.

Sort it out Kean.

May have to bring forward the new players debuts at this rate.

We seem to be developing (continuing with ?) a defensive soft centre especially away from home - I'd like to see a couple of Hughes era style 1-0 wins just to demonstrate that we can defend with discipline when necessary.

Why are we so inconsistent from performance to performance ? Why is playing away from home such a psychological barrier ?

We've been tonked here before & bounced back, let's hope we can do so again but the home games against Newcastle, Blackpool & Birmingham take on a special importance now.

Sadly it shouldnt take 90 minutes of football to realise the middle of the park is a mess so dont try and pass it around short on the ground anywhere near the middle?

The puddles, large patches of sand to soak up the excess water didnt make anything think it was to turn into a swamp?

Yet repeatedly we played little triangles with the ball getting picked off as it dribbled to a halt in the mud, we were slow to recover from there equaliser/taking the lead and to slow to change into a format that worked.

I would leave diouf on the bench from now to the end of the season as injury cover only, id leave bengani to clean his boots there. Roberts whilst ineffective did score and showed some fight (only in frustration not at the goal tho).

some of the knee jerk reactions on here are ridiculous. How anyone expected us to get anything with a pitch like that is way past me.

Junior had a great game again, surprisingly so did MGP (who wasnt to blame for their 3nd btw, it was jones what should of put a foot in not peds)

poor defending cost us, but the pitch did play a large part. Kalinic has to get his run in the team now, he is the only striker we have that can score

How anyone can blame the pitch when there were two teams out there playing on the same pitch is way past me.

How are people talking about sacking Kean? He's new to the job, has had to deal with a lot of injuries, hasn't been able to use some of his new signings left and the results have been decent. At least give the man until the end of the season.

Not that decent, 6 losses in 11 now.

What are you on about Dazmaz? There were TWO teams playing on that pitch.

How did Wigan get something with a pitch like that?

Wigan are much more renowned for playing attractive, short passing football than we are, just in case our Barcelona style didn't hit top gear tonight.

That was absolutely awful. Completely naive tactics from Kean leaving us far to open and stretched at the back. Wigan weren't even that good. To concede 4 is criminal.

Exactly, they had a field day upfront, our defence is awful right now and it's not Salgado who's to blame. Nelsen and even more so Samba seem to forget where they are at times.

I have to say that Jones doesn't fill me with much confidence so far and what the bloody hell is the point in Nzonzi coming on at all????

The sooner Kalinic and RSC are fit the better.

The result had nothing to do with tactics, formation or even team selection really. We defended comically at times and their isn't much that a manager can do about that. 99% of Rovers fans would have started Robinson, Samba and Salgado, but two idiotic mistakes from them resulted in two goals and sloppy defending from the entire back four accounted for the other two.

Please. So it a given that we will lose on a bad pitch and that Wigan will win? They scored more goals today than they have.... I cant even say it, it makes me sick. Knee jerk? Your blaming of the pitch is ridiculous, damn near spurious.

This result was written on the wall as soon as those stories came out, as is next weeks.

If it was the pitches fault then why didn't we play over it?

Yay.

How are people talking about sacking Kean? He's new to the job, has had to deal with a lot of injuries, hasn't been able to use some of his new signings left and the results have been decent. At least give the man until the end of the season.

I'm not saying we should sack him, I'm saying they have said he isn't going to get sacked no matter what. Though saying that they have lied on a few occasions already, so we can't really take anything they say as the truth. Clueless ###### liars.

Ok the honeymoon is over but lets not lose the plot. The Newcastle game is the big one. Lose that and then the alarm bells sound.

During the first 30 we were all over them. I think the way Kean is getting us to play going forward works reasonably well HOWEVER, it can only work with capable ball players up top. Roberts is a pathetic excuse of a striker and we needed to be shot of him years ago. Terrible, terrible player.

Dunn looked sharp when he came on. Jones needs to be more carefull. He puts in the effort and I think will come good but he's too rash too often.

Defensively pathetic. Samba demonstrated why he wasnt going to get picked up by a team in the top half. Expect better from Salgado regarding penalty. Reckless.

The pitch was a leveller. The league should fine Wigan for the state of it. Has the RL season even started yet? Appalling. Its not an excuse but there were a number of occasions when the ball was played to a man but stopped 4/5 feet short. It had an effect.

This was an Allardyce game. That pitch was never going to be condusive to flowing football.

Positives - Hoilett was on fire. The kid will go places. He skinned Wigan's backline on several occasions.

Going forward:

Dunn starts

Roberts is only ever a last resort. He should NEVER start.

Throw Roque in as soon as he's fit. The only class striker we have.

Formica needs to be given a try ASAP

Emerton to right back against newcastle,Salgado is a liability,another woeful result,People need to wake up we are now back in a relegation scrap,very very bad week for the club.

I totally agree it has been a very bad week. Totally fed up.

But I don't think we are in a relegation scrap, there are too many other teams having disasterous runs. We need a win pronto though.

Archived