BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Steve Kean

731 members have voted

1. 1. Should Steve Kean stay or go

Plenty of players/managers have been found guilty of drink driving and not been sacked.

Drink or drug abuse clauses are in a lot of contracts now.

I'm office based but would expect to be shown the door if convicted of drink driving.

• Replies 8.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

schadd3 Sam Chadderton

#rovers Kean says the pub was packed with fans and his bottle of bud was left alone frequently while he posed with fans for pics and chat

So I am presuming this is his defense. His bottle of bud was left alone numerous times in the pub. I'm pretty sure it was the two and a half glasses of wine coupled with the bud which sent you over Mr Kean not someone spiking it.

Drink or drug abuse clauses are in a lot of contracts now.

I'm office based but would expect to be shown the door if convicted of drink driving.

Yes you're right BRFC95

We recently had a member of staff caught drink driving, he was redeployed until his ban ran out, but the company could have easily sacked him.

So Kean is hinting at the possibility a Rovers fan might have spiked his drink?

Can't see that going down well with some fans...

I'm staggered by the man's front - blatently drink driving, and caught, yet trying to wriggle out of it by blaming it on a fan spiking his drink!

I didn't have much respect for the man before this, but I've just lost whatever was there.

Admit you were drink driving and take your punishment like a man, you pathetic wimp.

schadd3 Sam Chadderton

#rovers Kean says the pub was packed with fans and his bottle of bud was left alone frequently while he posed with fans for pics and chat

posed with fans? surely the judge will see through that lie? He has no fans!!

i can see it now: Young lad: well yes im drunk, but so was the manager

Kean: its okay, we all make mistakes :rolleyes:

schadd3 : #rovers Kean says the pub was packed with fans and his bottle of bus was left alone frequently while he posed with fans for pics and chat

im surprised nobody has hammered kean.. for trying to blame rovers fans! :unsure::P

EDIT : JUST SEEN SOMEONE HAS! :rolleyes:

Prosecution accept that if Kean drank what he said he drank on day. He would have been under the limit

surely that includes the bottle of bud ??

schadd3 : #rovers Kean admits he told police before breath test he hdan't had anything to drink. Didn't say about wine and beer.

So, lying then.

Makes a change for Kean, that.

schadd3 : #rovers Kean says the pub was packed with fans and his bottle of bus was left alone frequently while he posed with fans for pics and chat

im surprised nobody has hammered kean.. for trying to blame rovers fans! :unsure::P

EDIT : JUST SEEN SOMEONE HAS! :rolleyes:

Prosecution accept that if Kean drank what he said he drank on day. He would have been under the limit

surely that includes the bottle of bud ??

What, 2 1/2 glasses of wine and a bottle of Bud? sounds way over to me.

#rovers Kean smiles as cross examined about how difficult a time it was for Rovers in relegation zone

Ha that’s poor though – they are obviously trying to put it on our relegation troubles, like he was under stress or something! He wouldn’t have got sacked anyway.

As for Kean 2 ½ glasses of wine + a bottle of bud would take more or less everyone over the limit, unless you had a lot of food and you were very large in size.

What, 2 1/2 glasses of wine and a bottle of Bud? sounds way over to me.

id've thought so too.. i was thinking kean wouldve told them about the bud in his original statement. But, having seen he admitted to lying previously.. :unsure:

he's probably done for after admitting he lied..

If he had been under the limit in the quantity of drinks drunk, that would have to be pure ethanol to have spiked his drink to the level he was at when hev was tested bearing in mind the amount of alcohol that his system would have broken down between when he consumed it at Ewood and the visit to the mid-Cheshire Police Station.

Precisely my point back then. His 'spiked' glass of wine would have tasted like petrol.

Having said that this board is turning into a witch hunt. Not nice to see in all fairness. He's a poor manager imo but he's hardly Old Nick himself is he?

• Backroom

#rovers Kean: "The only way I could have been over limit is if I was drinking in the car. And I wasn't."

And needless to say there wont be any witness to back up that claim either

Archived