SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Steve Kean

731 members have voted

1. 1. Should Steve Kean stay or go

• Replies 8.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I cringe when I see him speak on tv so god knows what the players think/feel when he opens his big scottish gob.

I am totally underwhelmed already and that is after not looking forward to the football season. I renewed my ST under protest and held an honest belief that something somewhere was changing at the club after the past 12 months of turmoil. The thing is, the good part of ridding the club of deadwood has, in the main, been done, its something that has been needed for a long time. To go with the ridding of the dead wood you would have expected some better management of staff by Kean and this is a fundemental flaw in his ability. He clearly has no real managerial quailities. To sit on the departure of Jones for so long without getting a replacement is almost suicidal. To wait until the last 2 weeks to get players in to replace those that have left is detrimental to the clubs ambitions. I wonder just how much money in wages has been saved by the outgoing players. Add that to the players who have been released back to their parent clubs and I think there has to be a hefty wedge in savings made.

Kean has known what playing staff he has had at his disposal for 6 weeks or so. He has known what he needs so why the hell hasnt he managed the club correctly and done the business, after all, being the manager put in charge by Venkys you would have thoiught they would have trusted his word on players that he needed.

There is now clear evidence that SEM/Kentaro were or did use Kean as their puppet, maybe they still are. The Anderson signing stinks as much as an Indian cess pool. I just wonder how and when Venkys will realise that he is not the person to take us forward and maybe, realising that fact now, they will not release money for him to waste.

Its pretty obvious that Grella will not be available for long periods, Samba doesnt want to play, EHD is out of favour, the cvlub ar short of players and the likes of Blackman are not going to be premiership stars. Add to this the incompetence of Roberts up front, the lack of cover for the middle and the lack of defensive nouse (where have we seen this before) and it all spells disaster for BRFC.

The way forward has to be the removal of this clown as a matter of priority. Jensen should go as well. Rovers should approach Hughes and his team to come in and to spoend what money we may have available whilst at the same time retaining Samba and Hoilett, I am sure both would be suppoirtive of a Hughes appointment.

In the meantime, I would urge Rovers fans to vent their views/frustrations and anger at the sitting leadership of the club, its the only way they will take note of just how we as fans feel.

Still a lot of deadwood still at the club, jason (another yes man) roberts, MGP, emerton, amongst others! Kean i dont think has the balls to stand up to the owners, any other manager would be screaming show me the money, i think the way he got the job, is going against him as he was very lucky to get it, and any word against the owners and they might give him the sack

the reason Hughes left was because the Walker family would not give him the money to improve the squad the way he wanted, so He left to go to City.

He was the best manager we had since KD for sure!!!

A top manager he was, but given the reason he left do you really think he'd put up with Venky's asset stripping like transfer policy?

Still a lot of deadwood still at the club, jason (another yes man) roberts, MGP, emerton, amongst others! Kean i dont think has the balls to stand up to the owners, any other manager would be screaming show me the money, i think the way he got the job, is going against him as he was very lucky to get it, and any word against the owners and they might give him the sack

I reckon he's gagging for the sack. A nice fat pay-off and the agony is ended.

If I was in his shoes, that's what I'd be thinking. He's way out of his depth and he can't be enjoying it, that's for sure.

They are not dea wood, Emerton can be excellent cover at right back and useful if we have injuries, Pedersen on his day and still deliever a good cross and Roberts can be an impact sub.

Need a healthy squad with competition for places.

They are not dea wood, Emerton can be excellent cover at right back and useful if we have injuries, Pedersen on his day and still deliever a good cross and Roberts can be an impact sub.

Some people would seem to want to do to the squad what Venky's have done to the club, it won't work as we'll lose all cohesion.

What we need is still exactly what we've needed for years players who can improve the 1st 11, the likes of Peds et al would be excellent rotation/squad players to have on the books.

Forgot about that. I hope he gets sent down for 10 years!

"To the conspiracy theorists- this is one case where we are probably going to find that the reality of how Kean wormed his way was actually worse than the theory"

Come on then Philipl, stop putting up these posts without backing it up. What has Kean done? Are the trips to Pune in keeping with his reputation as a ladies man? Has he converted to some weird branch of Hinduism that involves child sacrifice like in Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom? The time has come for you to stop fannying about and put your cards on the table.

You might be nearer to the facts than you think !

I still find it laughable that he's denied it .... hope the judge throws the book at him.

In my view, tells you all you need to know about the man.

if i was a betting man i'd put money he gets a slap on the wrists, he'll worm out of it the slimy looking ones always do

Not sure about that. The whole political, judicial climate has changed following the riots. Examples are being made in order to restore some credibility into our system.

This is my hope.

Someone finds out the next time we are the chosen match live on TV in India.

The fans scream 'VENKY'S OUT' all match.

Hopefully then they'll either do one or live up to their so far hollow words.

Fortunately for Venky's, Rovers' supporters have been remarkable in their support throughout all this.

I honestly don't think we are the type to 'revolt' in the way Newcastle, Leeds or even Burnley would do.

Fortunately for Venky's, Rovers' supporters have been remarkable in their support throughout all this.

I honestly don't think we are the type to 'revolt' in the way Newcastle, Leeds or even Burnley would do.

I think it's the only way we will get through to them, exactly how we feel.

MB's haven't worked, neither have Emails and so on, quite simply they have fallen on deaf ears. Embarrassing their company on national Indian TV will hopefully get them the negative press needed to get some action from them, one way or another.

I think it's the only way we will get through to them, exactly how we feel.

MB's haven't worked, neither have Emails and so on, quite simply they have fallen on deaf ears. Embarrassing their company on national Indian TV will hopefully get them the negative press needed to get some action from them, one way or another.

Agree.

Should have been done last season but too many 'need to support the team' and 'give them a chance and let's judge them ..............'.

We need to get in their faces.

Don't you normally get a more harsh sentence for trying to wriggle your way out of a blatent offence, as opposed to holding your hand up and admitting it like a man?

If so, throw the book at the little weasel.

Normally the case. The wicked side of me says, stand outside the court building with placards saying, Jail all drink drivers (only joking by the way) court may do us a favour. Kean will get a ban and a fine if found guilty. Unless the judges are Rovers supporters. He'll be charged and convicted for being an impersonation of a football manager.

I reckon he's gagging for the sack. A nice fat pay-off and the agony is ended.

If I was in his shoes, that's what I'd be thinking. He's way out of his depth and he can't be enjoying it, that's for sure.

But if you remember what Nicko said, that if you ever met Kean you would see how determined he is, so I'd say he is loving the challenge

They are not dead wood, Emerton can be excellent cover at right back and useful if we have injuries, Pedersen on his day and still deliever a good cross and Roberts can be an impact sub.

Pedersen and his day sailed away long ago, if he is to be a bit player in the squad, his wages need lowering, same goes for Roberts.

Some people would seem to want to do to the squad what Venky's have done to the club, it won't work as we'll lose all cohesion.

What we need is still exactly what we've needed for years players who can improve the 1st 11, the likes of Peds et al would be excellent rotation/squad players to have on the books.

While we have players like MGP on the books, we cant free up funds for players that could come to the club because we are spending all the money on paying wages to MGP, Roberts etc.

Chaddy I'm not disputing Hughes record. Did he or did he not walk out on us ?

I think that Hughes would not be the perfect solution, but he would be a better solution. We would have a better chance of staying up with Hughes than with Kean.

Agree.

Should have been done last season but too many 'need to support the team' and 'give them a chance and let's judge them ..............'.

We need to get in their faces.

The effect it will have on the team is not one I desire and in all honesty it may well cost us the game, but if people truely are as disillusioned as they seem to be at Ewood then something different needs to be done. Lose 3 points, to get actions that reflect their words, seems a small price to pay to me.

I've thought hard about posting that before and backed off, but this summer shows they haven't a scooby do what they are doing and are surrounding themselves with such in experience, well I honestly think the only outcome will be relegation.

Something different needs to be tried.

While we have players like MGP on the books, we cant free up funds for players that could come to the club because we are spending all the money on paying wages to MGP, Roberts etc.

We have sold/returned 11 players, surely their is room on the current wage bill for more?

Or have the Chicken overlords given such pay-rises out that even after that we're at the maximum?

Perhaps that's the reason we are no being told transfer funds must cover wages, what a joke and at the end of the day all Venky's fault.

I ask this question to board members:

Knowing that the Rao's are clueless with footballing matters,do you believe they could be trusted to get the right man in if Kean was dismissed?

Realistically,what chance in hell have we got here?...............

Our hope is that no alternative could be worse than Kean !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Press Association

KEAN ISSUES WARNING TO OWNERS

Blackburn Rovers boss Steve Kean has sent a stark warning to the club's Indian owners that they will have to splash the cash in order to avoid a bleak Barclays Premier League season at Ewood Park.

Rovers were beaten 2-1 by Wolves in their home opener yesterday after Mauro Formica's debut goal was cancelled out by Stephen Fletcher's header and a fine strike from Stephen Ward.

Kean admitted Rovers currently have bids in for four players but says club bosses may have little choice but to increase the offers in order to attract the new personnel his side so badly need.

Kean said: ``We are making realistic bids and they are not coming off. Maybe we will have to pay over the odds to ensure that we get people here.

``We have to speed up the process because I don't think we can go another couple of games having to play central midfielders at centre-half. We certainly need bodies.

``We've got 11 players who were on the books in one form or another that have left the club since last season and we've brought three in. We need to make sure we get a good number of players coming back in and make sure we have a competitive squad.''

Kean was forced to shunt midfielder Steven Nzonzi into defence due to injuries to Chris Samba and Ryan Nelsen and his patched-up side proved no match for Mick McCarthy's impressive Wolves.

Rovers started well and Junior Hoilett looked like he might have prodded an early opener past Wayne Hennessey only for the visiting keeper to get down to smother the ball on the line.

Jason Roberts' persistence paid off on 20 minutes when he poked a through-ball to Formica who marked an encouraging full debut by sending a shot across Hennessey and into the net from a tight angle.

But Wolves were level within three minutes when Fletcher rose to powerfully head home a Matt Jarvis cross in the Rovers box and from that moment on McCarthy's men looked full value for their win.

Wolves' second arrived at the start of the second half when Michel Salgado tangled with Jarvis in the box and referee Kevin Friend had no hesitation in pointing to the spot.

Although Kevin Doyle's penalty was saved to his left by Paul Robinson, the ball was only half cleared and fell to Ward just inside the box, who lashed it into the net with his left foot.

McCarthy's men proceeded to hold out with relative ease to the delight of the Wolves boss who believes his new permanent signing Jamie O'Hara will have a significant role to play this season.

O'Hara was snapped up this summer for £5million after playing a big part in keeping Wolves in the top-flight while on loan at Molineux last season.

McCarthy said: ``Jamie came last year and added a great deal to the back four. He came in and scored a couple of really important goals which set the ball rolling to keep us up.

``Jamie has had his pre-season this year because he had had a back operation just before he first joined us. So I am really pleased for him.

``This is our third year in the Premier League and the players we have added have given something to the team, and the ones who have been here two years have got better.''

Archived