SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Steve Kean

731 members have voted

1. 1. Should Steve Kean stay or go

• Replies 8.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rovers fan on 606 now talking to Jason about Kean, saying he is nothing more than a coach and says the fans don't want him. Roberts is obviously backing Kean.

Anyone on here the caller?

I was that soldier! I had lots of things I wanted to ask/say but I got the impression that JR was uncomfortable and the presenter (whose name I don't know) interrupted. JR's clear dislike of Allardyce was apparant when he asked me how many Rovers fans wanted him as manager. I wasn't my intention to put JR on the spot but I feel so helpless about the whole situation.

The centre back he bought when Jones was sold, oh wait...

We've been actively looking to sign a new centre-back. I don't believe it's Kean's fault we haven't signed one. He can only tell the boardroom who he wants to bring in.

So who should Kean have played at the back today?

Not critiquing the selection today just saying Hanleys not ready for the BPL yet. At the end of the day we were promised investment, the biggest fund in our history and we're about 16M in profit transfer wise. Money should have been spent to replace Jones, I'm waiting with baited breath. Givet can't cover both LB and be one of the 4 CB's as that means our cover is weak. We don't even have 22 players IE 2 for each position as things stand, I'll leave it at that.

Please don't say Andersen as he's about as much a pro as Kean himself was.

"Actively looking" placatory nonsense phrase that is meant to be of some worth.

Wonder what the exchange rate of "actively looking" transfers is to actual take place transfers is?

Maybe 3 or 4 "almost signed him, didn't quite manage it, but actively looked at him" transfers is equivalent to a normal transfer. Shame we can't put them onto the park on a Saturday afternoon.

God, I've had a gutful of all of this cr*p.

I was that soldier! I had lots of things I wanted to ask/say but I got the impression that JR was uncomfortable and the presenter (whose name I don't know) interrupted. JR's clear dislike of Allardyce was apparant when he asked me how many Rovers fans wanted him as manager. I wasn't my intention to put JR on the spot but I feel so helpless about the whole situation.

Well done.

No wonder JR's so happy he was out the door under Sam and now he's enjoying being 1st choice, little wonder he's having a love in with Venky's and Kean. And who can blame him really, most would.

"Actively looking" placatory nonsense phrase that is meant to be of some worth.

Wonder what the exchange rate of "actively looking" transfers is to actual take place transfers is?

Maybe 3 or 4 "almost signed him, didn't quite manage it, but actively looked at him" transfers is equivalent to a normal transfer. Shame we can't put them onto the park on a Saturday afternoon.

God, I've had a gutful of all of this cr*p.

Well, we're trying to sign Mongongu but there's a legal hold-up. So yes, we are looking to sign a centre-back.

Kean has been messed about in terms of his budget this season as promises were not kept. Hard to bring players in when you don't know what budget you have from one day to the next.

You should be applauded for your call and I thought you were spot on with your comments.

Well, we're trying to sign Mongongu but there's a legal hold-up. So yes, we are looking to sign a centre-back.

Kean has been messed about in terms of his budget this season as promises were not kept. Hard to bring players in when you don't know what budget you have from one day to the next.

From the BBC:

Blackburn manager Steve Kean:

"We are bitterly disappointed because we had a great pre season.

"Losing Gael Givet at the very last minute, Steven Nzonzi had to go back there and play there for us for the first time.

"I thought he did well considering it was a partnership thrown together at the last minute due to illness.

"11 players have left the club and we've had three in.

"We need to strengthen in different areas and make sure we have a competitive squad."

11 out 3 in, surely you shouldn't be letting them go before replacing them? Who's running the team? No sane manager would let 11 potential/1steamers leave without signing some ruddy players.

I can see why people say asset stripping is going on.

The most important question is do we think Kean can instill a winning mentality into the team?

I think overall, it is not too fair to judge until the squad is fully fit/available - however must ensure we make a fairly decent start to the season otherwise the pressure will well and truly be on.

The time to judge him is after ten matches.

The time to judge him is at the end of last season.

The time to judge him is the start of this season.

The time to judge him is the close of the transfer window.

Let's give him 5/6 games.

Let's give him 10 gemes.

THE ONLY BLOODY TIME THAT NEVER COMES TO JUDGE HIM IS NOW.

GET HIM OUT NOW.

The time to judge him is after ten matches.

The time to judge him is at the end of last season.

The time to judge him is the start of this season.

The time to judge him is the close of the transfer window.

Let's give him 5/6 games.

Let's give him 10 gemes.

THE ONLY BLOODY TIME THAT NEVER COMES TO JUDGE HIM IS NOW.

GET HIM OUT NOW.

+100.

Well complaining of 11 players leaving and only three bought (can you count Anderson for Christ sake) DOUFY still a rovers player would have shown more passion and skill than some on view, Kean you let them go your the one to take the can, you can't whine when it's your doing, please take that same taxi as bloody Keef Andrews.

Not sure the manager could have done anymore today, the defence was poor, Hanley isn’t ready and Nzonzi isn’t centre back, but needs must. On todays performance we’re going to struggle, but I think Kean is as much of a victim as we are in all of this.

We’ve all been promised the world, yet the owners have delivered very little.

Not sure the manager could have done anymore today, the defence was poor, Hanley isn’t ready and Nzonzi isn’t centre back, but needs must. On todays performance we’re going to struggle, but I think Kean is as much of a victim as we are in all of this.

The only victim in all of this is our beloved club. Kean helped create this mess with his antics last year, Sam said as much.

Kean is as much of a victim as we are in all of this.

He's a slight victim as he's had the rug pulled from under him over transfers, but don't forget that he is managing in the PL with a fat contract- a position he is in no way qualified for.

We are the victims

The most important question is do we think Kean can instill a winning mentality into the team?

I think overall, it is not too fair to judge until the squad is fully fit/available - however must ensure we make a fairly decent start to the season otherwise the pressure will well and truly be on.

Lack of passion today .And its the first game. Manager has to cop the flak for that.

Archived