Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Steve Kean

731 members have voted

1. 1. Should Steve Kean stay or go

• Replies 8.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

list of possible new managers for any venkys moles

Poyet [i think he'll stick with Brighton for a while before moving to a more stable club]

Lambert [Good manager, but there are probably prossies more loyal]

Holloway [it would be fun if nothing else. Not a bad manager.]

Allardyce [More chance of Elvis Pressley playing at fly half for the All Blacks]

Hughes [Good manager, but will waste our youth system, and will happily dump on us again.]

Markus babbel [i don't know enough about him]

Laudrup [Just moved to Mallorca I think]

Berg [A risk, but has been earning respect over in Norway]

Grayson [Not sure he's all that, but he's better than Kean.]

Those are my views on the names mentioned. All would be better than the current tool. It speaks volumes that we are hoping that a manager has to be convicted of drink-driving in the hope he will be removed from his position.

Re Mercerman: What was I close with the Indian booty calls, or the human sacrifices? Or both?

I ask this question to board members:

Knowing that the Rao's are clueless with footballing matters,do you believe they could be trusted to get the right man in if Kean was dismissed?

Realistically,what chance in hell have we got here?...............

That may be true. But either way we are facing relegation WITH KEAN and if the owners bring in another person who lacks the required experience,we'll be relegated WITHOUT KEAN. I think it is a chnace we have to take. I think it was mentioned on here that Mrs D does like Mark Hughes. Maybe she needs a huge shove to act.

Not the brightest tool in the box is he?

Unless he is skimming fees that is in which case a comment like that makes sense.

He does owe his whole management career to his Pals at SEM, so it wouldn't surprise me one bit. His actions with Sam showed exactly where his loyalties lies lie along with the Andersen signing.

I also wonder whether he's trying to suck up to the fans with his statement he must know how they feel about him and in reality all he is doing is saying what we've been saying all summer.

the owners bring in another person who lacks the required experience,we'll be relegated WITHOUT KEAN.

But thats exactly the outcome we DONT want Pafell but like I say,I wouldn't put it past them to put Mickey fookin Mouse in charge of our team and think its a great result!!

''HE'S A VERY NICE MOUSE,VERY HONOURABLE''!! :lol: ....... :unsure:

• Backroom

Can someone more clued up than myself explain about the court case, is it likely to be cut and shut tomorrow? Sentanced and all?

With Kentaro gone, if a guilty verdict comes back Venkys might just think the time is right to change.

But who would come?

Quite strong words from Kean, suggests he is pretty frustrated.

I also wonder if it is a parting shot at the owners. If he is found guilty tomorrow, maybe he knows the outcome of his job. Maybe his lawyer has already told him to expect the worse with regards to the case in court.

We can live in hope.

Er would jensen be any better? Because he maybe what we will be left with. Was his contract renewed? Could he bring in Laudrup?

Quite strong words from Kean, suggests he is pretty frustrated.

He should have been like this since we sold Jones.

the owners have to REALISE, we NEED at least 4 players to come in. 5 players if samba goes. which I think he will go now.

So we need 2 centre back, 1 midfielder and 2 strikers.

Armando Colaco might be available???

Had to look him up on wikipedia.

As for quick replacements, I would guess Billy Davies or Dave Jones, who are both free could come in as a short term meassure. Both are experienced abeit at 1st division level but are surely much better than Kean. I'm not sure Hughes would swallow his pride and return, or that Frank Rijkaard would walk out on the massive cash he'll be on as manager of Saudi Arabia. Or we could go very leftfield and try to get Van Basten.

I also wonder if it is a parting shot at the owners. If he is found guilty tomorrow, maybe he knows the outcome of his job. Maybe his lawyer has already told him to expect the worse with regards to the case in court.

We can live in hope.

Er would jensen be any better? Because he maybe what we will be left with. Was his contract renewed? Could he bring in Laudrup?

What happens tomorrow if Freeman's can't find another magic loophole is something that's been playing on my mind. Honor and respect seem VERY important to Venkys and in most jobs a DD conviction would constitute gross misconduct, but surely getting rid with no obvious replacement isn't what you need the first week into the season.

Both Kamy and I are trying to find time to make it over to Macclesfield tomorrow, but no promises (we both have jobs to work around), so we'll see what transpires.

Had to look him up on wikipedia.

As for quick replacements, I would guess Billy Davies or Dave Jones, who are both free could come in as a short term meassure. Both are experienced abeit at 1st division level but are surely much better than Kean. I'm not sure Hughes would swallow his pride and return, or that Frank Rijkaard would walk out on the massive cash he'll be on as manager of Saudi Arabia. Or we could go very leftfield and try to get Van Basten.

Dave jones is a client of sem/ja so I can't see that happening.

Probably Alan Curbishley or Claudio Ranieri would come in. both get experience of the PL.

Would Michael Laudrup leave Real Mallorca? I don't thik he is that time of person to break a contract but I could be wrong.

What happens tomorrow if Freeman's can't find another magic loophole is something that's been playing on my mind. Honor and respect seem VERY important to Venkys and in most jobs a DD conviction would constitute gross misconduct, but surely getting rid with no obvious replacement isn't what you need the first week into the season.

Both Kamy and I are trying to find time to make it over to Macclesfield tomorrow, but no promises (we both have jobs to work around), so we'll see what transpires.

You would have thought that the owners must have considered the possiblity of Kean being found guilty. Yesterdays press statement was the strongest I have read from him. Maybe the tension of the match, injuries and lack of players, plus his DD may be getting to him. Does a DD go on a persons CRB record?

Hope you give kean a boo from all of us.

Maybe the stress of the court case Is making Kean feel uptight hence his strong comments - he looked bit hot and bothered in his post match interview.

Or maybe because he is the person who is telling players and press, face to face about Venkys "great" plans and now he realises that all they are doing are feeding him fairytales. He is now stood there with a depleted squad and left to face the music. Hence the clear message through the press, which we would expect from a manager. I am by no means defending him. I hope he gets everything he deserves for drink driving and the fact that he is proven so far to be out of his depth but this sounds like a crack in the Venkys love-in session.

Or maybe because he is the person who is telling players and press, face to face about Venkys "great" plans and now he realises that all they are doing are feeding him fairytales. He is now stood there with a depleted squad and left to face the music. Hence the clear message through the press, which we would expect from a manager. I am by no means defending him. I hope he gets everything he deserves for drink driving and the fact that he is proven so far to be out of his depth but this sounds like a crack in the Venkys love-in session.

If he thinks he is out of his depth, he should do the decent thing and quit. We know he is out of his depth and we want him to quit or be sacked.

You would have thought that the owners must have considered the possiblity of Kean being found guilty. Yesterdays press statement was the strongest I have read from him. Maybe the tension of the match, injuries and lack of players, plus his DD may be getting to him. Does a DD go on a persons CRB record?

Hope you give kean a boo from all of us.

Not 100% sure but I thought DD was a criminal offence,

just done some research, it is a criminal offence and goes on record, the amount of time it stays on the CRB file varies for each case

Archived