BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Steve Kean

731 members have voted

1. 1. Should Steve Kean stay or go

The most concerning part of his statement is:

"``We have to speed up the process because I don't think we can go another couple of games having to play central midfielders at centre-half. We certainly need bodies."

That suggests to me that we could be without CBs for a while and not have them back by next week.

• Replies 8.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kean knows he won't get an opportunity like this again. While his job is surrounded in controversy, and the owners continue to mess him about, he's gonna try to make the most of it. And I can't see him walking out and turning his back on his compo package.

Those suggesting billy davies, look at his rants at the forest board on yourtube, and you think he would put up with venkys? :lol:

Link plz.

As things stand, we are going down in spectacular fashion and that makes me feel a bit like Liam Neeson from that Batman film.

I wish we were going down like Neeson's character "Ra's al Ghul" because al Ghul is immortal. Mwha hahaha

The most concerning part of his statement is:

"``We have to speed up the process because I don't think we can go another couple of games having to play central midfielders at centre-half. We certainly need bodies."

That suggests to me that we could be without CBs for a while and not have them back by next week.

I thought the puppet muppet had bought a new centre half in Myles Anderson? Sure, we've let 11 leave but the "three" new ones (I thought we'd brought four in actually - Goodwillie, Petrovic, Ribero and Myles), well you'd hope he'd remember where they play. Unless of course Myles is in fact crap :o or maybe he's also injured? Maybe after repeatedly pinching himself?

Injury update doesn't sound too bad Jisty. Certainly have Givet back I'd have thought.

A fellow blue was asking what might happen to Kean at court tomorrow. Well here are the scenarios.

1. He pleads guilty and is immediately sentenced to 2 years disqualification and fined (this being based on 2 times over the legal limit).

2. He pleads not guilty and goes for trial.

3. If he is found guilty by the Court he will be immediately sentenced and bearing in mind the fact that he didnt enter a guilty plea the ban could be for 3 years and fined.

4. If he is found not guilty then he walks.

5. At the initial hearing, his legal team find a loop hole and the case is dismissed. This scenario is unlikely because of there was it would have been notified in the secondary disclosure and the case would already have been dropped.

It is very unlikely that the wee scrote will be sent to prison, its just not going to happen UNLESS he has at least 2 similar previous convictions for DUI. So please dont be thinking he is off to pokey.

In the long run, I dont think his employment at Ewood would be affected by a conviction for DUI. He will gain himself a criminal record for life (if he already hasnt got one).

http://www.youtube.com/user/fitbathatba#p/a/u/1/zwT7wL29Lg4

I have stumbled across the strangest song/music video ever and feel compelled to share it, about our very own Chris Samba. Maybe its a new Venkys advert directed by our very own Steve Kean (after a pub session)

:lol: :lol: :lol: That really cheered me up!

Samboogle!

Bit of a scoop here folks, I managed to get hold of some of Kean's answers at his interview, his final question was this, and he nailed it!

"Before you can be considered for the job, I must know of some of your strengths and weaknesses".

"Well unfortunately, I frequently drift off into daydreams and lose my grasp on reality".

"Ok...and your strengths?"

"I'm Batman!"

A fellow blue was asking what might happen to Kean at court tomorrow. Well here are the scenarios.

1. He pleads guilty and is immediately sentenced to 2 years disqualification and fined (this being based on 2 times over the legal limit).

2. He pleads not guilty and goes for trial.

3. If he is found guilty by the Court he will be immediately sentenced and bearing in mind the fact that he didnt enter a guilty plea the ban could be for 3 years and fined.

4. If he is found not guilty then he walks.

5. At the initial hearing, his legal team find a loop hole and the case is dismissed. This scenario is unlikely because of there was it would have been notified in the secondary disclosure and the case would already have been dropped.

It is very unlikely that the wee scrote will be sent to prison, its just not going to happen UNLESS he has at least 2 similar previous convictions for DUI. So please dont be thinking he is off to pokey.

In the long run, I dont think his employment at Ewood would be affected by a conviction for DUI. He will gain himself a criminal record for life (if he already hasnt got one).

Let's hope his previous crimes of impersonating a football manager and talking delusional drivel are taken into account.

Had to look him up on wikipedia.

As for quick replacements, I would guess Billy Davies or Dave Jones, who are both free could come in as a short term meassure. Both are experienced abeit at 1st division level but are surely much better than Kean. I'm not sure Hughes would swallow his pride and return, or that Frank Rijkaard would walk out on the massive cash he'll be on as manager of Saudi Arabia. Or we could go very leftfield and try to get Van Basten.

Mrs D wont have Dave Jones, Kentaro client!!

It would be quite difficult to get a new manager at Rovers with the present regime in charge, they are not viewed well in the football world and when jobs do come up, people talk, thay ask advice and I cant think of anyone who would give Venkys a glowing reference at the moment, I do however think that with a restructuring of the admin team etc, this could change but I cant think of any decent manager waniting to have to fly out to Pune every 10 minutes to pay homage to Mrs D who has created her own problems by destroying the club at the moment.

Things could change with a strong manager who is prepared to tell her how things should be and not nod and be positive!!

There are some decent managers around who could be available with the right backing from our owners but they are contracted to other clubs.

Anyone read the double page spread on Matty Jansen in the people today?

Doing his pro License, one for the future? Who knows.

To the -1 the truth hurts doesnt it?

list of possible new managers for any venkys moles

Poyet

Lambert

Holloway

Allardyce

Hughes

Markus babbel

Laudrup

Berg

They are only the ones that i personally can think of that would make me garner some sort of respect for venkys to take the club forward...........for a new actual manager to improve on what the current fraud is doing however the list is endless

Simon Grayson at Leeds is likely to move on.

Any of the above are capable of doing a respectable or more than respectable job at the Rovers.

Quite strong words from Kean, suggests he is pretty frustrated.

My first thought was that he decided to voice opposition to the owners to give him cover if he was sacked due to his lack of wins or DUI conviction. He can claim that he spoke out about Rovers problems and was punished for it, and try to conceal his problems as a manager. Or he is finally losing patience and is honestly attempting to speed up transfers. You decide.

At the initial hearing on 7 June, Kean pleaded not guilty to drink driving and so the Court proceeded to decide on a date for a trial. According to the report of the hearing in the LT on 8 June, Kean was asked when the new season started and replied "August 22". This may explain the lack of a replacement for Phil Jones being in place for the Wolves game.

If we ever do get rid of Kean it will only be after a run of indefensible results. And by that time I fear we will be so far in the mire, escape will be impossible. Venky's have hardly been quick on the uptake and this will be no different. Damn Monday morning dragging me down!!

If his drink spiking claim is really flakey, Kean will need to watch himself for perjury.

I'd be pretty surprised though if 'Mr Loophole' hasn't got all these bases covered. What if he appeared with a 'patsy' who admitted spiking his drink? The sneaky way he (allegedly) got the job I wouldn't be surprised at any depths this man will sink to.

I'd be pretty surprised though if 'Mr Loophole' hasn't got all these bases covered. What if he appeared with a 'patsy' who admitted spiking his drink? The sneaky way he (allegedly) got the job I wouldn't be surprised at any depths this man will sink to.

I'd put money on it that this happens !

Archived