BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Steve Kean

731 members have voted

1. 1. Should Steve Kean stay or go

Now he has pled guilty can he be fired through breach of contract without a payout?

KEAN GUILTY! he could be fired because of it.. but im pretty sure wont he wont be.

he's prob lucky that his court case happened now and not in 2wks weeks time.

a couple more defeats and guilty verdict couldve given venkys an excuse to fire him.

• Replies 8.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

KEAN GUILTY! he could be fired because of it.. but im pretty sure wont he wont be.

he's prob lucky that his court case happened now and not in 2wks weeks time.

a couple more defeats and guilty verdict couldve given venkys an excuse to fire him.

Like I said earlier It's going to be interesting to see what the owners do, if they continue their current moral stance then he will be sacked in the near future.

Hmm:

schadd3 Sam Chadderton

#rovers manager Steve Kean, 43, still insisting drink was spiked. Geoff shreeves amongst possible witnesses to a special reasons application

http://twitter.com/#!/schadd3

Geoff Shreeves the Sky Sports reporter?

The very same. The man who sucks up to more managers than Kean himself. I have been in his company and he is a real name dropper. If he knew he wasn't available and was a witness why go through the charade of a hearing?

Something stinks about the whole affair.

If he had been under the limit in the quantity of drinks drunk, that would have to be pure ethanol to have spiked his drink to the level he was at when hev was tested bearing in mind the amount of alcohol that his system would have broken down between when he consumed it at Ewood and the visit to the mid-Cheshire Police Station.

The very same. The man who sucks up to more managers than Kean himself. I have been in his company and he is a real name dropper. If he knew he wasn't available and was a witness why go through the charade of a hearing?

Something stinks about the whole affair.

Agree - FFS - they've had 2 months to sort it out. Hope the Judge sees through it.

Agree - FFS - they've had 2 months to sort it out. Hope the Judge sees through it.

It will interesting to see if he is covering Man City v Swansea tonight. I wasn't going to watch it but I'll make a point of doing so now.

its simple, dont have a drink if you know you need to drive somewhere later. Not even one drink. Not worth the risk. He probably thought its sat night on the M6, its gonna be quiet. But what if he had crashed and killed someone if would be facing jail today. They need to come down hard on him and the sooner there is a zero limit for drink driving the better.

We will be laughed at even more if Venkys keep him on. What sort of role model of a club are we if we employ a drink driving convict as our manager!!!!!

He needs to go if he is found guilty, simple as

Kean had a lengthy conversation with several people of this site on the day in question, all say he wasn't drunk, or didn't seem drunk, although some of what he had to say was a little of the wall.

To be found so far over the limit, he must have had a couple more when he left Ewood.

Doesn't matter really, he's guilty and will be banned, move on, we have a premiership campaign to try and survive.

Sung to the tune of...........

This is first attempt so feel free to amend. Blow....????

Steve Kean - Should I Stay Or Should I Go

Darling Anna you got to let me know

Should I stay or just get P1ssed?

If you say that I am thine

I’ll get P1ssed at Rovers ’til the end of time

So you got to let me know

If I go there will be trouble

An’ if I go it will be a double

So come on and let me know!

This indecision’s buggering me

If you don’t want me, just pay me

Don’t you know which drink for me?

Come on and let me know

Should I drink it or should I blow?

Kean had a lengthy conversation with several people of this site on the day in question, all say he wasn't drunk, or didn't seem drunk, although some of what he had to say was a little of the wall.

To be found so far over the limit, he must have had a couple more when he left Ewood.

Doesn't matter really, he's guilty and will be banned, move on, we have a premiership campaign to try and survive.

Sack him if found guilty of drink driving. Why pander to a knob-head? We don't owe him anything, he had his chance and blew it spectacularly.

Survive being the appropriate word under the clueless owners and current management in place.

Sack him if found guilty of drink driving. Why pander to a knob-head? We don't owe him anything, he had his chance and blew it spectacularly.

Survive being the appropriate word under the clueless owners and current management in place.

I think you need to sack him for footballing reasons, not for drink driving.

Plenty of players/managers have been found guilty of drink driving and not been sacked.

The more I think about it though, it does seem a good way of getting rid without paying up his contract :rock:

No change there then?!

Plenty of players/managers have been found guilty of drink driving and not been sacked.

Care to name names, I cant think of any high profile managers of the top of my head who have been stopped twice over the limit and taken to court can think of plenty of players but not managers. There are serious grounds here for gross misconduct, brining the club into disrepute. With Venkys PR doing their very best to portray a wholesome, charitable, family image for the club a manager who disregards public safety must surely be in serious danger of the chop.

Venky's have already had to shell out millions to pay up Sam's contract and it will cost them more millions presumably to get rid of Kean.

He's still their blue-eyed boy and I'd be very surprised if they sacked him over this.

Venky's have already had to shell out millions to pay up Sam's contract and it will cost them more millions presumably to get rid of Kean.

He's still their blue-eyed boy and I'd be very surprised if they sacked him over this.

I don't work in HR but can't they get away without paying up his remaining salary if he is guilty?

Not that he will be sacked.

As stated, the cost of sacking Kean would probably make it unlikely that he will ever be sacked.

The podcast mentioned that it hurt Venky's having to pay compensation for Sam etc, surely they would not want to be "hurt" again.

Looks like Kean structured his own 'defence' like he does his football team. Illogically with no Plan B.

The guy, imo, is a chancer and, hopefully, today gets what he deserves.

If you are almost twice over the limit then you know unless you are an ardent drinker in which case, your defence is in tatters. Simple as.

surely 2 & half glasses of wine and a bottle of bud would be more tahn enough to put anybody over the limit?!?!

schadd3 Sam Chadderton

#rovers Kean says He then went home packed a bag, had a bottle of bud with friends at a hotel before setting off down south.

1 minute ago Favorite Retweet Reply

»

Sam Chadderton

schadd3 Sam Chadderton

#rovers boss steve kean on stand says he had a full glass of red wine with Sir Alex Ferguson and then another one and half glasses.

Archived