BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Steve Kean

731 members have voted

1. 1. Should Steve Kean stay or go

#rovers Kean: "The only way I could have been over limit is if I was drinking in the car. And I wasn't."

And needless to say there wont be any witness to back up that claim either

so is he only admitting to being drunk, but not over the limit?

• Replies 8.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

His defence claiming as he doesnt drink Whiskey (Fergie does) or Vodka he wouldnt taste it if spiked :blink:

Its crazy what these super lawyers try to get you off.

Prosecutor 'Im suggesting no mystery person spiked your drink, you had more than said in celebration of a good result'.

The thing I don't understand is that he is saying his drink was spiked. But usually people don't spike drinks with extra alcohol do they, rather put some drug in it or something?

schadd3 : #rovers Kean finishes evidence. He says he doesn't drink whisky or vodka with his defence team suggesting therefore he wouldn't taste spike

From twitter

schadd3 Sam Chadderton

#rovers boss steve kean on stand says he had a full glass of red wine with Sir Alex Ferguson and then another one and half glasses.

schadd3 Sam Chadderton

#rovers Kean says the pub was packed with fans and his bottle of bud was left alone frequently while he posed with fans for pics and chat

Reportedly insinuating the fans are to blame, despite his apparent first admission (above), is a measure of the man and the final straw for me.

Kean out! :angry2:

schadd3 : #rovers Kean finishes evidence. He says he doesn't drink whisky or vodka with his defence team suggesting therefore he wouldn't taste spike

if he doesnt drink whiskey or Vodka, then why drink it? seems strange that

Precisely my point back then. His 'spiked' glass of wine would have tasted like petrol.

Having said that this board is turning into a witch hunt. Not nice to see in all fairness. He's a poor manager imo but he's hardly Old Nick himself is he?

Someone's using your log in details, gord.

They need to come down hard on him and the sooner there is a zero limit for drink driving the better.

Agreed plus zero tolerance for ALL drugs legal and illegal, zero tolerance too for cocoa, horlicks and warm milk nad anything that makes one drowsy including a big meal within 2 hours of climbing behind the wheel. Zero tolerance too for coffee and red bull and anything containing and caffeine whatsoever cos they make you drive faster. Zero tolerance for anyone with a fag in their hand. Zero tolerance for all males cos statistically they are the cause of more accidents and fatalities than women.

In fact may as well have zero tolerance for all cars too. Great idea ralfinho.

His defence claiming as he doesnt drink Whiskey (Fergie does) or Vodka he wouldnt taste it if spiked :blink:

So, you wouldn't notice the difference in the taste of a bottle of Budweiser if some magic mystery person had poured what would have to be a substantial amount of whiskey/vodka into it?

Yeah ok then.

Prosecutor 'Im suggesting no mystery person spiked your drink, you had more than said in celebration of a good result'.

He's allegedly already lied to police about not drinking at all. Doesn't make him a model witness.

If he genuinely thought that he was under the limit, why would he tell the police that he hadn't had a drink !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A complete joke - now, he's admitted to lies.

Any credibility that this joker had left has surely disappeared by now.

Sack him if found guilty of drink driving. Why pander to a knob-head? We don't owe him anything, he had his chance and blew it spectacularly.

Survive being the appropriate word under the clueless owners and current management in place.

And if Hughes were to return and get us into the top 6 again, or the old RFW or Mourhino seek a fresh challenge at BRFC and they have a couple of milligrams over the limit? What then? Sack them too? Good grief a few grand will employ a full time driver.

can everybody please just grow up and disassociate the offence from the person?

so,

SK lies to the police by saying he did not have a drink!!!

He now admits to 2.5 glasses of wine and d and a Bud and does not believe it took him over the limit!!!

He suggests that Rovers fans may have spiked his drink!!!

He does not drink whiskey or vodka therefore would not be able to taste them. Surely if his drink was spiked as he claims then would he not have been able to taste the whiskey.

Q. is he fit to manage BRFC?

A. NO

Thats the biggest load of bunkum I've ever heard, I don't drink spirits at all, but if someone poured one in my pint I'd know straight away.

Don't see where Geoff Shreeves would fit into the defence unless he was in the pub with Kean and saw his drink being spiked. Also, who these days stands in a pub without holding their drink unless you are sat at a table ?

And if Hughes were to return and get us into the top 6 again, or the old RFW or Mourhino seek a fresh challenge at BRFC and they have a couple of milligrams over the limit? What then? Sack them too?

can everybody please just grow up and disassociate the offence from the person?

Grow up? Get real. He has committed an offence, has lied to the Police and is now making it up in court.

I take it you havent had someone close that has been the victim of a drink driver?

I'd be staggered if the book is not thrown at him.

A defence, IMO, full of holes and lies.

I think a 2 year ban and a multi thousand pound fine followed by, hopefully, the loss of his job.

Yes you're right BRFC95

We recently had a member of staff caught drink driving, he was redeployed until his ban ran out, but the company could have easily sacked him.

So basically it's just another thing to allow employers a chance to bin off people they don't want? There can be nio other reason if the position does not entail having a driving licence.

Archived