BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Steve Kean

731 members have voted

1. 1. Should Steve Kean stay or go

Not too easy to stick a double whiskey (or something similar) into a bottle of Bud I'd have thought roversmum. Not in a crowded bar - and without spilling it everywhere. Anyway, it wouldn't need spiking would it. 2.5 glasses of wine and a bottle of Bud would see you over the limit anyway wouldn't it?

I would have thought so, Bob, and yes it would be well nigh impossible to spike a drink to that extent. And yet, it said somewhere in the court proceedings that the prosecution said that what Kean had admitted to drinking would not have put him over the limit. I didn't understand that, but I'm not much of a drinker myself anyway.

In any case, the amount he HAD admitted to drinking plus the 90mph speed sounds pretty dangerous behaviour to me.

• Replies 8.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't see Steve Kean getting sacked, nor do I want to see him go. I still believe he needs to be given at least 5 or 6 games to prove his worth. Having said that, I actually put a tenner on Kean to be the first man to go and I got him at an excellent price of 6/1 three or four weeks before the season began. The reasoning for that was from what people on here were saying about Kentaro's diminishing control over Venkys and so it tied in with Kean possibly leaving, and at that price I thought it was worth the punt.

Not too easy to stick a double whiskey (or something similar) into a bottle of Bud I'd have thought roversmum. Not in a crowded bar - and without spilling it everywhere.

And even if it was done smoothly, Kean would have to have had dead taste buds not to detect a spirit or two in his bottle of beer. Spirits aren't exactly subtle in their taste.

Glasses of wine come in all sizes. If you have a large single in a restaurant, you will get a 175 ml measure as opposed to a standard 125 ml measure. I personally have glasses at home that comfortably take a 250 ml measure. It's therefore not inconceivable that Kean's two and a half glasses equated to more or less a full bottle of red wine and this is what he's owned-up to !! Also, Budweiser is a premium strength lager with an abv of 5% and therefore significantly more potent than your standard cask ale or glass of Carling or Carlsberg.

What beats me is that knowing he had to drive down south and after already drinking wine, why the hell did he chose a beer in the pub - by the way, many years since I was in the Whalley Arms but do thay actually stock Bud ? Must be some lads from whalley on here.

Think the judge got it dead right.

The man, IMO, is a proven liar, untrustworthy, has no morals and is a feckin disgrace to our great club.

He should be dismissed with the minimum of fuss and cost.

This clown has to get the sack.

I have never been so ANGRY in over 20+ years as a Rover's supporter.

In my opinion, people who drink and drive are one of the lowest scumbags in society.

Family orientated club?????? Not with this idiot in charge.

Time to wake up Venky's!!!!!!!!!!!

Just a thought: When you see the story Kean told the police and the judge, one can only speculate on what kind of stories he tells Venkys since he still has the job ...? Perhaps this explains Venkys inexplicable confidence to Kean.

Poor form Kean, should have took the wrap on the chin not tried to squirm out of it.

Makes you wonder how he shifts blame at meetings with the owners.

Everybody will lie when stopped by the Police I'd imagine. Problem with Kean is that he should have taken it on the chin back in May before it went high profile. I think his lawyers have not acted in his best interests.

Let he who is without sin cast the first stone.

What is the view like from these Ivory Towers? ;)

What does it say about the intellects and standards on here when a quote from the good book attracts so many negative marks? <_<

Mind you cruz I bet no more than a couple know that it is from the Bible.

In any case, the amount he HAD admitted to drinking plus the 90mph speed sounds pretty dangerous behaviour to me.

The biggest danger on a quiet motorway would not be impaired judgement but the greatly increased liklehood of him falling to sleep at the wheel. Anybody taking a drink before a 200+ mile car journey can attract no sympathy.

And even if it was done smoothly, Kean would have to have had dead taste buds not to detect a spirit or two in his bottle of beer. Spirits aren't exactly subtle in their taste.

Whisky would have been all around the rim.... it's all he would have tasted. It certainly wouldn't have tasted like Bud.

I am not too sure I agree with your comments Gord about most people lying when stopped by the Old Bill. It is my experience, and it is a vast amount of experience that it is only scum who tell lies, there may be the odd white lie from someone who has never been in trouble and may give their brothers/sisters details (if caught driving for example) whereas the overwhelming majority of good people always tell thr truth becasue they have nothing to hide.

I refer to them as scum because I reserve the right to give my opinion be it professional or personal !! :rolleyes:

I simply cannot believe we are now into the season and Kean is just now moaning that we need Venky's to put their hands into their wallets and buy?....what the hell happened to hitting the new season up and running?

I'm afraid its a ruddy shambles from top to bottom,the big top Ewood. <_<

Better late than never SG

He may be guilty of perjury for moving his lips on oath !

Assume the court report is accurate he lied (or was mistaken) at his previous court appearance, from the LET

As the court decided on a date for trial, Kean was asked when the new season started and replied ‘August 22’.

He will now face a one-day trial at Macclesfield Magistrates’ Court on Monday, August 15 - less than a week before the new campaign kicks off.

Which implies the judge intentionally chose a date before the start of the season. By SK stating the 22nd (lie, or a Premiership Manager that genuinely doesn't know when the season starts ... neither reflects well on him) it means the trial came AFTER the season started, making it MUCH harder to sack him (if he'd have got the adjournment the asked for today, it would have been harder again).

He is an embarrassment to the club. He is meant to set a good example to the young players. In court I heard that it was said he was twice over the limit. Driving at 90mph. Using his mobile whilst driving. Good enough reason to rip his contract. Saying supporters spiked his drink is below contempt. SACK. I would have had more respect if he had admitted the offence first court appearance.

Archived