BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Steve Kean

731 members have voted

1. 1. Should Steve Kean stay or go

Thanks for the advice.

Insinuating Kean was only 'a few milligrams' over the legal limit is sufficient for me to realise that you condone the act.

Take your own advice and grow up.

Where did I say that? His blood/alcohol readings are public knowledge.

• Replies 8.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Twitter :wacko:

@JasonRoberts30 Yes!!! Spoken to the owners and I'm going to be giving the boss a lift to work from now on. #guaranteedstartingrole #brownnose

Disclaimer - Tweet may/may not have been made up.

I could actually see him posting that! Although he was one of our best players at the weekend so he gets a stay of execution for now! Kean doesn't.

Twitter :wacko:

@JasonRoberts30 Yes!!! Spoken to the owners and I'm going to be giving the boss a lift to work from now on. #guaranteedstartingrole #brownnose

Disclaimer - Tweet may/may not have been made up.

I could actually see him posting that! Although he was one of our best players at the weekend so he gets a stay of execution for now! Kean doesn't.

OK the apply your standards to if he had lost his licence for amassing 12+ points within 3 years for driving slightly in excess of the speed limit. I'd wager speed is associated with more accidents and fatalities than anything else.

After receiving my first and only speeding fine when I was 18, I actively thought about my actions and the reasons for the fine and now am convinced that speeding is as bad if not worse than drink driving, and have been very careful to watch my speed since, especially at night. It doesn't matter how good a driver you are or aren't, you share the road with other cars, bikes and pedestrians and you have to account for their mistakes, as well as your own and therefore be a responsible driver under any circumstances, otherwise you shouldn't be on the road.

There are really four issues at play.

1. His performance as manager with BRFC. His points per game average says it all. He is not good enough.

2. His DUI. I'm with Theno here. A DUI does not make one a bad person per se. Looked at in isolation, he merely had a lapse of judgment, which is perfectly human.

3. His lie to investigating officers. Stating he had nothing to drink when reality he had at least 3 1/2 drinks. This is where we start to get into bad character territory, in my opinion.

4. His defense. The judge discounted the spiked drink claim and publicly stated words to the effect that he though Kean was not being truthful as to the amount he had to drink. Again, the implication is that he lied and that he did so under oath and in front of a judicial officer.

So I would absolutely fire him, but for either point 1 (not good enough) or 3 and 4 (poor ethics/attempted falsehoods to escape responsibility equating to poor role model and bringing BRFC into disrepute). Point 2 is merely icing on the cake.

If Mr Kean keeps his position at Blackburn Rovers well its a sad day all round really, that would tell me 100% no 1000% that our owners CONDONE his actions and therefore are not fit and proper to run a premier league football club. This next two weeks are going to be pivotal for our future as a top team. :mellow: :mellow:

There are really four issues at play.

1. His performance as manager with BRFC. His points per game average says it all. He is not good enough.

2. His DUI. I'm with Theno here. A DUI does not make one a bad person per se. Looked at in isolation, he merely had a lapse of judgment, which is perfectly human.

3. His lie to investigating officers. Stating he had nothing to drink when reality he had at least 3 1/2 drinks. This is where we start to get into bad character territory, in my opinion.

4. His defense. The judge discounted the spiked drink claim and publicly stated words to the effect that he though Kean was not being truthful as to the amount he had to drink. Again, the implication is that he lied and that he did so under oath and in front of a judicial officer.

So I would absolutely fire him, but for either point 1 (not good enough) or 3 and 4 (poor ethics/attempted falsehoods to escape responsibility equating to poor role model and bringing BRFC into disrepute). Point 2 is merely icing on the cake.

Good summary... But being the machiavelian character that I am I would use the result as a breach of contract on the grounds of gross misconduct and fire him without notice and pay!

Venkys bought the club to promote their brand in a successful and positiv matter, they seek good PR obviously and these drink&drive-issue surely dont go along with their brand and image. I fully expect them to take actions now and I must say Im looking forward to see that they'll do!

I personally think after such a grave error of judgement he should lose his job. Forget the drink driving for a second. His main act of stupidity was spend all week bragging how he would be having a drink with Sir Alex after the game on SSN.

It's hardly surprising the police were able to catch him.

The main thing about this is, is there time to get somebody else in, and improve the squad before September 1st?

This summer has proven that the infrastructure at the club is either non-existent or clueless.

We could have more disruption that is difficult to repair in time

• Backroom

Poor form Kean, should have took the wrap on the chin not tried to squirm out of it.

Makes you wonder how he shifts blame at meetings with the owners.

Poor form Kean, should have took the wrap on the chin not tried to squirm out of it.

Makes you wonder how he shifts blame at meetings with the owners.

Agreed. I don't know the circumstance but SSN made him look a bit pathetic and unable to own up to his own mistake.

IMO He needs to go, If it was the tea lady or a youth player or anyone My opinion would be the same.

Lat year I lost 3 very good friends due to a RTA Involving a drink driver, when he smashed them off the road, that day many peoples lives were runied for good whilst 3 young men died./

My father in law also works for the GMP traffic police and part of his job, is going to these fatal accidents which are caused by people who choose to drink and drive

Steve Kean has been very lucky today because he has been banned from driving for being over the limit, he could have been in court today facing a manslaughter charge.

There is no place in society for people who think they are above the law, and what makes it worse they show no remorse for their actions.

I have 3 daughters and if he stays after this, then I will be exstremly alarmed as this is not the example or role models I want setting for my children.

Yes we all make mistakes, but putting other peoples lives at risk through your own stupidity is not just an unforgivable mistake.

Today the justice system has won, and this is a victory for every single individual who has had their life effected by mindless thugs who drink and drive.

We all saw the riots last weeks, and this is equally as bad if not worse.

Steve Kean has a high profile position and part of his job is to set the bar height to what individuals conduct both on and off the field should be,

This is not about his ability to pick the team or the merit of his managerial abilities, this is about doing the right thing, so Rovers are seen to care.

We now have a charity across our shirts and they also get effected by this bad press,

When the boy in Scotland got done for under age sex, Hearts lost sponsorship after publically backing the player and had to change their decision to terminate his contract.

This is no-ones fault but Steve Keans, and to think he tried to blame the fans, Alex ferguson and the owners to wriggle himself out of the charge shows, what type of man he is.

I personally think after such a grave error of judgement he should lose his job. Forget the drink driving for a second. His main act of stupidity was spend all week bragging how he would be having a drink with Sir Alex after the game on SSN.

It's hardly surprising the police were able to catch him.

:lol: :lol:

If Mr Kean keeps his position at Blackburn Rovers well its a sad day all round really, that would tell me 100% no 1000% that our owners CONDONE his actions and therefore are not fit and proper to run a premier league football club. This next two weeks are going to be pivotal for our future as a top team. :mellow: :mellow:

Kean getting breathalysed has nothing to do with his ability (or obvious lack of) to run our football club. He got bagged, so what ? Any worse than Ferguson's driver screaming him up the hard shoulder, he later claiming he was crapping himself).

Ignore his court appearance, get shut of him for the awful job he's doing at Ewood.

IMO He needs to go, If it was the tea lady or a youth player or anyone My opinion would be the same.

Lat year I lost 3 very good friends due to a RTA Involving a drink driver, when he smashed them off the road, that day many peoples lives were runied for good whilst 3 young men died./

My father in law also works for the GMP traffic police and part of his job, is going to these fatal accidents which are caused by people who choose to drink and drive

Steve Kean has been very lucky today because he has been banned from driving for being over the limit, he could have been in court today facing a manslaughter charge.

There is no place in society for people who think they are above the law, and what makes it worse they show no remorse for their actions.

I have 3 daughters and if he stays after this, then I will be exstremly alarmed as this is not the example or role models I want setting for my children.

Yes we all make mistakes, but putting other peoples lives at risk through your own stupidity is not just an unforgivable mistake.

Today the justice system has won, and this is a victory for every single individual who has had their life effected by mindless thugs who drink and drive.

We all saw the riots last weeks, and this is equally as bad if not worse.

Steve Kean has a high profile position and part of his job is to set the bar height to what individuals conduct both on and off the field should be,

This is not about his ability to pick the team or the merit of his managerial abilities, this is about doing the right thing, so Rovers are seen to care.

We now have a charity across our shirts and they also get effected by this bad press,

When the boy in Scotland got done for under age sex, Hearts lost sponsorship after publically backing the player and had to change their decision to terminate his contract.

This is no-ones fault but Steve Keans, and to think he tried to blame the fans, Alex ferguson and the owners to wriggle himself out of the charge shows, what type of man he is.

sorry to hear that fella.

great post. the fact that fergie got off, by claiming he needed the toilet ( as a result of driving down the hard shoulder) obviously made kean think he could try any excuse.

very poor. when youve been found out, take your medicine and move on.

Archived