SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Steve Kean

731 members have voted

1. 1. Should Steve Kean stay or go

• Replies 8.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Grow up? Get real. He has committed an offence, has lied to the Police and is now making it up in court.

I take it you havent had someone close that has been the victim of a drink driver?

I think Drog is saying something I posted awhile ago, that if Steve Kean was a successful manager here would so many people be on a moral crusade to denounce him? I don't think they would. It's double standards, pure and simple.

Classy

Rovers fans are well known for carrying round ethanol with them in the hope of meeting with disliked manager and spiking his drink, this is starting to sound like an episode of Scooby Doo

:lol: Where would you get it? Do Tesco's stock it?

he's going to get banned no question about it he's pleaded guilty after saying not guilty and some how decided it was a fan who spiked his drink making him go over the limit.

now i am not attacking Kean's character or will power to turn down a drink, we've got enough on here for that. people usually know when theyve had too much to drink and to start thinking about driving ( i don;t drive even if i have had one, a mate of mine was killed in crash after he was over the limit) but usually a fan or a group of fans who was upset and angry at the manager of their club, they normally protest either in the stands and outside the ground and appeal to the owners now from what i have seen rovers fans have done that but would WE as fans stoop low as to spike a drink to make him over the limit???

strange excuse if you ask me

Grow up? Get real. He has committed an offence, has lied to the Police and is now making it up in court.

I take it you havent had someone close that has been the victim of a drink driver?

Agreed.

I appreciate that to the older generation, drink driving isn't a major offence - as it used to be socially acceptable to drink 6 pints in the local and drive home.

However, in this day and age, it is wholly unacceptable, grossy negligent and dangerous to everyone else on the road if you drink and drive.

There is no excuse for it.

I think Drog is saying something I posted awhile ago, that if Steve Kean was a successful manager here would so many people be on a moral crusade to denounce him? I don't think they would. It's double standards, pure and simple.

Double standards? I suppose it depends what your standards are Topman, but my standard is that drink driving kills and is a criminal offence. I do not give a toss about denouncing the man, but I denounce the criminal act he has carried out and his lying.

One standard.

Double standards? I suppose it depends what your standards are Topman, but my standard is that drink driving kills and is a criminal offence. I do not give a toss about denouncing the man, but I denounce the criminal act he has carried out and his lying.

One standard.

Way to miss the point there. No one's saying Kean isn't in the wrong here. He's committed a crime and should face the music, but the venom of which some are treating this case has little to do with the crime and more of the manager's reputation.

I think you need to take stock of yourself. I made no judgement nor no attempt to defend him. All I said was we must disassociate the offence from the person. Whats wrong with that? It's what the judge will do.

Agreed.

I appreciate that to the older generation, drink driving isn't a major offence - as it used to be socially acceptable to drink 6 pints in the local and drive home.

However, in this day and age, it is wholly unacceptable, grossy negligent and dangerous to everyone else on the road if you drink and drive.

There is no excuse for it.

And exactly how does it affect his ability (or lack of in this case :rolleyes: ) to do his job? He isn't required to mow the grass on a ride on is he? ^_^

One standard.

Drink driving isn't a criminal offence, drinking to much and driving is, which Kean has been found guilty of.

1 glass of wine and he'd have been fine, he was obviously well over the limit and he'll be banned.

End of story, we need some central defenders and quick.

I think you need to take stock of yourself. I made no judgement nor no attempt to defend him. All I said was we must disassociate the offence from the person. Whats wrong with that? It's what the judge will do.

Thanks for the advice.

Insinuating Kean was only 'a few milligrams' over the legal limit is sufficient for me to realise that you condone the act.

Take your own advice and grow up.

One standard.

OK the apply your standards to if he had lost his licence for amassing 12+ points within 3 years for driving slightly in excess of the speed limit. I'd wager speed is associated with more accidents and fatalities than anything else.

Exactly. Kean is a poor manager. Kean makes poor decisions and is obviously delusional if he did not realise his drink was spiked. But he should be blamed and accused for his own poor actions, and not the fact that he was a "drink driver" or the phrase I hate more of "driving under the influence". Blame the person, not the alcohol.

Archived