BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Steve Kean

731 members have voted

1. 1. Should Steve Kean stay or go

He needs to be removed from his position as manager ASAP.

This has nothing to do with his management skills (or lack of). This is about how the man who whether we like it or not is the at the forefront of the club, he is the leader and the man who should be setting the standard for the players and should be representing the club's morals, ethics and what the club stands for. Instead he first pleads not guilty, tries to wriggle his way out of it on a technicality, blames the fans, the owners before being convicted and then not seeming to be able to admit his wrong-doings. This is not the sort of man who firstly a charity like the Princes Trust should be associated, this is not a man who the club should be associated with and this is not a man who represents us as fans.

If he has one ounce of decency he will be typing his resignation right now, but he doesn't have any decency so I guess we'll be seeing him in the dugout at Villa representing our once 'family' club.

• Replies 8.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Blaming Rovers fans the icing on the cake.

Got to say if that is true I've lost all respect for the guy.

I've supported him through most of his tenure, simply because he’s the manger of Blackburn Rovers, but to blame your own fans for spiking your drink is low, very low Mr Kean.

You drank to much and got caught, you should have taken the wrap and moved on, muppet.

:angry2:

I've supported him through most of his tenure, simply because he’s the manger of Blackburn Rovers, but to blame your own fans for spiking your drink is low, very low Mr Kean.

You drank to much and got caught, you should have taken the wrap and moved on, muppet.

no Gav he's the victim remember.

This whole episode simply exposes Kean as having a "see if I can get away with it" mentality when it comes to matters of ethics.

The pathetic attempt at telling stories which are utterly non-sensical to get off just show this guy has no managerial ability.

IMO He needs to go, If it was the tea lady or a youth player or anyone My opinion would be the same.

Lat year I lost 3 very good friends due to a RTA Involving a drink driver, when he smashed them off the road, that day many peoples lives were runied for good whilst 3 young men died./

My father in law also works for the GMP traffic police and part of his job, is going to these fatal accidents which are caused by people who choose to drink and drive

Steve Kean has been very lucky today because he has been banned from driving for being over the limit, he could have been in court today facing a manslaughter charge.

There is no place in society for people who think they are above the law, and what makes it worse they show no remorse for their actions.

I have 3 daughters and if he stays after this, then I will be exstremly alarmed as this is not the example or role models I want setting for my children.

Yes we all make mistakes, but putting other peoples lives at risk through your own stupidity is not just an unforgivable mistake.

Today the justice system has won, and this is a victory for every single individual who has had their life effected by mindless thugs who drink and drive.

We all saw the riots last weeks, and this is equally as bad if not worse.

Steve Kean has a high profile position and part of his job is to set the bar height to what individuals conduct both on and off the field should be,

This is not about his ability to pick the team or the merit of his managerial abilities, this is about doing the right thing, so Rovers are seen to care.

We now have a charity across our shirts and they also get effected by this bad press,

When the boy in Scotland got done for under age sex, Hearts lost sponsorship after publically backing the player and had to change their decision to terminate his contract.

This is no-ones fault but Steve Keans, and to think he tried to blame the fans, Alex ferguson and the owners to wriggle himself out of the charge shows, what type of man he is.

Are you really comparing this to mass-rioting, arson, a few counts of murder, and underage sex?

Yes drink driving is bad, yes he should be punished - but for what he actually did, not for what someone else once did, or what 'might' have happened in a parallel universe. It is not a simple case of 'black and white' in the same way being 5mph over a speed limit is not the same as 40mph

That said, the fact he lied about the circumstances is an issue for me - maybe he thought he was under the limit and made a mistake, but to lie afterwards is at least as bad as the initial mistake as it was intentional

well said Gav. I expect that the fans will well and truly turn on him at the Everton game, it is a cert. Also the few of us going to Villa may also have a word or two, especially after we have had a drink (or 3+1/2).

Are you really comparing this to mass-rioting, arson, a few counts of murder, and underage sex?

Yes drink driving is bad, yes he should be punished - but for what he actually did, not for what someone else once did, or what 'might' have happened in a parallel universe. It is not a simple case of 'black and white' in the same way being 5mph over a speed limit is not the same as 40mph

That said, the fact he lied about the circumstances is an issue for me - maybe he thought he was under the limit and made a mistake, but to lie afterwards is at least as bad as the initial mistake as it was intentional

If you listen to String Theory, then it did happen in a parallel universe ;)

Oh yer, first post.

~Back to topic.

Well Mr Loophole has failed miserably on this one - maybe he could see through Kean too. Had he coughed to his crime he may have come out with a little credit but the way he has tried to worm his way out has left me astonished.

Get out of my club now you lying imposter.

A car is a killing machine in the wrong hands. The law is there to stop innocent lives being lost by the irresponsible behavior of others.

To get into a car when you are more than twice over the legal limit is dangerous, to drive at 90mph whilst in this condition is moronic!

Lives were put at risk on the night of 14th of May because of the behavior of this man, the reason nobody was seriously injured or worse is because of cirumstances, not because of Steve Kean!!

Thank the lord the police stopped him as he could have killed someone had be been allowed to carry on! Thank god justice has prevailed and this moron is off our roads!

The question is - Who would replace Kean?

Who's going to want to work under Venkys?

No manager in the right mind would want to work under the tight constraints venky's have upon their transfer dealings. Also, the lack of football knowledge the venky's posses could prove to hard to work alongside.

Replacements - I could only envisage they may go down the same route as promoting a coach to be manager. Or a lower league manager.

They've created this massive problem and now will have to face the consequences when they can't find a manager with the right calibre they desire to push the company on.

A car is a killing machine in the wrong hands. The law is there to stop innocent lives being lost by the irresponsible behavior of others.

To get into a car when you are more than twice over the legal limit is dangerous, to drive at 90mph whilst in this condition is moronic!

Lives were put at risk on the night of 14th of May because of the behavior of this man, the reason nobody was seriously injured or worse is because of cirumstances, not because of Steve Kean!!

Thank the lord the police stopped him as he could have killed someone had be been allowed to carry on! Thank god justice has prevailed and this moron is off our roads!

So if Kean had not drinked and drove over 100 and got caught, would you still be as offended?

I'm sure 99% of accidents are not due to drink driving but speeding is a bigger sin.

The fact is nobody was hurt.

whats a shame is Kean made himself look like a liar and untrustworthy.

He's an embarrassment to himself, it's going to be hard for me to want him personally to be successful.

So if Kean had not drinked and drove over 100 and got caught, would you still be as offended?

I'm sure 99% of accidents are not due to drink driving but speeding is a bigger sin.

In my opinion, the fact is somebody could have been hurt because of the actions of this man! hence why he was in court

He committed not one, but two very dangerous acts on that evening.

He then lied and tried to squirm his way out of it and clearly showed no remorse for his actions.

If i have 1 pint, i would not get behind the wheel of my car, not just on this night but the day after as well. He chose to do what he did, he could have killed, yes he didn't but the fact people were at risk is solely Steve Kean's fault.

He would have earned at least some of my respect back had he taken this on the chin and apologiszd for his actions. however i have no respect for the man now. That's my opinion and it will not change.

His behavior that night was both dangerous and disgraceful and he still refuses to accept it

yet another lie from Kean, how many more lies does it take for him to get the chop. No doubt he will be flying out to India this week to sweet talk to the owners again!!!

He may be guilty of perjury for moving his lips on oath !

On his own admission, he lied to the police when asked if had had anything to drink. The Court did not accept his testimony as reliable when considering his claim that the only explanation for being over the limit was the spiking of his drinks. And talking of India, I seem to recall that there was an accusation of his lying to customs on a recent trip to that country.

If Venkys wished to dismiss him there may be grounds to do so for bringing the club into disrepute.

Kammy says on Twitter that he believes it's a possibility that Venky's may can him for this.

I really do hope so. He's such a weasel, I've no respect for him as a man after this whatsoever. He could write for Walt Disney with some of his stories. Blaming Rovers fans the icing on the cake.

Kamy do you actually think they will as one of the rumours i heard on Saturday was that Nevilles house has been brought for Kean by venkys as they had been advised he was going to plead guilty

He would have earned at least some of my respect back had he taken this on the chin and apologiszd for his actions. however i have no respect for the man now. That's my opinion and it will not change.

His behavior that night was both dangerous and disgraceful and he still refuses to accept it

Exactly how I see it, man of poor character.

He must have known he would be driving home, so there is no way anybody can condone what he did.

I have supported Kean since he was appointed, not by choice, but because he was the manager of BRFC. Now this has happened, I will be angry if he keeps his job, which he did nothing to earn in the first place!

If i have 1 pint, i would not get behind the wheel of my car, not just on this night but the day after as well.

After just 1 drink? Would you swear to that on your mothers life? If so you would be one of very few in the country who would.

I personally don't drink if I am working the next day, or need to drive before mid-day the next day

whats a shame is Kean made himself look like a liar and untrustworthy.

He's an embarrassment to himself, it's going to be hard for me to want him personally to be successful.

He was going over 90 mph.

Archived