BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Steve Kean

731 members have voted

1. 1. Should Steve Kean stay or go

Someone should start a new thread .................THE UNBELIEVEABLE QUOTES OF STEVE KEAN !!!

In the name of god man go !!!

You have no place in this Football Club , I personally will cheer from the rafters when this deluded fool, is sacked...

• Replies 8.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So if Kean had not drinked and drove over 100 and got caught, would you still be as offended?

I'm sure 99% of accidents are not due to drink driving but speeding is a bigger sin.

The fact is nobody was hurt.

Fact is we now have a lying criminal for manager.

After just 1 drink? Would you swear to that on your mothers life? If so you would be one of very few in the country who would.

I personally don't drink if I am working the next day, or need to drive before mid-day the next day

When i first passed my test and was placed on my father's insurance on his car i was immediately told i would not be allowed to drive his car for 24 hours after drinking alcohol, no matter what the amount was. It is something he never did and wouldn't allow me to do.

This was drummed into me and is something i have always stuck by. Whether one day in a case of an emergency or there is really a serious need for me to drive the following day after a few pints, I cannot say i would definately not do, however i'd like to think i wouldn't.

what i most certainly would not do is go out to the pub or anywhere and drink a couple of glasses of wine, then drive to the pub for a beer, knowing that i am about to drive miles down to surrey within hours of consuming this.

If you intend to drive that evening, Don't drink during the day - its a simple rule. If you choose to do so, it is on your head - don't insult everybody by trying to lie your way out of it without remorse.

Shameful absolutely shameful, more blatant lies from Kean, venkys may be naive enough to swallow them, but the fans certainly ain't, he has to go, now!

MODS, AFTER THIS SUMMER, SATURDAYS MATCH AND NOW THESE SHENANAGINGS, HOW ABOUT RESETTING THE POLL?

Kean should have been removed a long time ago as he is useless as a football manager. Sneaky little weasel / toe-rag and the sooner he goes the better.

People claim that if we were winning every week he would be cut more slack but that does not apply with me, as there is absolutely no excuse for him drink driving. On his salary, paying for a taxi, or a driver is well within his means and his amazing stupidity astounds me.

After just 1 drink? Would you swear to that on your mothers life? If so you would be one of very few in the country who would.

I personally don't drink if I am working the next day, or need to drive before mid-day the next day

I know Mark personally and I can confirm this.

Let he who is without sin cast the first stone.

What is the view like from these Ivory Towers? ;)

Me first! Me first!

I will stone the hell out of him for it.

Driving while intoxicated is a vile thing to do and IT IS AGAINST THE LAW.

Now if he had urinated in a flower bed or kicked a puppy, I would have to hold off.

Its breezy up here.

Did I read it correctly?

He blamed a fan for spiking his drink? Seriously?

The scary thing is if we fire him now, who are we going to sign?

We are looking more and more like a damned club everyday at the moment.

Maybe instead of playing a match in India, the game should be in the States, then he could be fired for not being able to carry outhis duties!!

For those who didnt know, any criminal record, even drink driving, prevents you entering the USA!!

Maybe instead of playing a match in India, the game should be in the States, then he could be fired for not being able to carry outhis duties!!

For those who didnt know, any criminal record, even drink driving, prevents you entering the USA!!

which is totally irrelevant as we live in the UK :rock:

Kamy do you actually think they will as one of the rumours i heard on Saturday was that Nevilles house has been brought for Kean by venkys as they had been advised he was going to plead guilty

I did not say that they may sack him, just observed that they stress family values in their Indian brand, and should they wish they could now sack Kean for Gross misconduct/bringing club into disripute and not pay any compo.

When i first passed my test and was placed on my father's insurance on his car i was immediately told i would not be allowed to drive his car for 24 hours after drinking alcohol, no matter what the amount was. It is something he never did and wouldn't allow me to do.

This was drummed into me and is something i have always stuck by. Whether one day in a case of an emergency or there is really a serious need for me to drive the following day after a few pints, I cannot say i would definately not do, however i'd like to think i wouldn't.

what i most certainly would not do is go out to the pub or anywhere and drink a couple of glasses of wine, then drive to the pub for a beer, knowing that i am about to drive miles down to surrey within hours of consuming this.

If you intend to drive that evening, Don't drink during the day - its a simple rule. If you choose to do so, it is on your head - don't insult everybody by trying to lie your way out of it without remorse.

We can all pontificate the rights and wrongs but here we have something very different. Steve Kean is a manager of a well (or was)respected club, therefore he has the image and good name of BRFC to keep, he has done none of the above, has been shown to be a liar in court and to be actually speeding passed a police car beggars belief, if Venk's do the right thing and sack him they will get a lot of plaudits, and go some way to bring the respect back to the club.

should be interesting to see what kind of reaction the criminal gets at the Everton game !! He will be well placed alonside many (not all) of the visiting fans!

Do you think he will last as long as that?

I am wondering with so little money being spent, Venkys were awaiting a moment like this, new manager???

Do you think he will last as long as that?

I am wondering with so little money being spent, Venkys were awaiting a moment like this, new manager???

The owners haven't spent money on players because it is quite likely they cannot afford to; and even if they wanted to sack him I doubt they can afford to pay off Kean either.

They are stuck with Kean and we as supporters are stuck with both him and them.

Did I read it correctly?

He blamed a fan for spiking his drink? Seriously?

The scary thing is if we fire him now, who are we going to sign?

We are looking more and more like a damned club everyday at the moment.

Ah, I wrote a reply to this, and computer stalled.

No, BPF, he didn't say a fan had spiked his drink. He said something along the lines someone could have spiked it in the pub as he had left his bottle and was talking to fans etc.

To be fair, there are those who would have thought it a funny/clever thing to do, he must know as well as we do that he is not favoured by many of the fans.

However - he had admitted to telling the police that he had not been drinking when they stopped him. Personally I think because of that the Judge chose not to believe the spiking statement - for which there was no evidence in any case.

Bad do all round really.

Shameful absolutely shameful, more blatant lies from Kean, venkys may be naive enough to swallow them, but the fans certainly ain't, he has to go, now!

MODS, AFTER THIS SUMMER, SATURDAYS MATCH AND NOW THESE SHENANAGINGS, HOW ABOUT RESETTING THE POLL?

And renaming this thread the KEAN OUT thread :angry:

Actually I think you will find that a visa application is necessary and as a result of that application a hearing is held at the American embassy.

A decision on the visa is normally made there and then.

The severity of your conviction affects the chances of obtaining a visa.

To be fair, there are those who would have thought it a funny/clever thing to do, he must know as well as we do that he is not favoured by many of the fans.

Not too easy to stick a double whiskey (or something similar) into a bottle of Bud I'd have thought roversmum. Not in a crowded bar - and without spilling it everywhere. Anyway, it wouldn't need spiking would it. 2.5 glasses of wine and a bottle of Bud would see you over the limit anyway wouldn't it?

I've been driving for 25 years and in all that time I've never drove if I'd been drinking, even one!

I know our owners are Hindus but their plan to market us to the Asian market won't look good to the millions of Muslims, if we have a convicted drink driver as manager.

I don't want to get in to the " how much money have they got" argument but after the stick they got for sacking big Sam and appointing Kean. If they sacked Kean now they could

a) try to save credibility by saying the sacking was purely down to the conviction and not his managerial skills.

B) they'd save money in compensation.

c) they could convince furture management that we aren't a 'sacking' club and Kean would still be in a job if it wasn't for the conviction.

Just about to say the same thing bob. It would be nigh on impossible for someone to pour a shot into the top of a bottle of bud without being noticed.

It's a crap excuse, I'm guessing when he was in school the dog would regularly eat his homework!

I bet a large number of people have but haven't been caught

I think you maybe right, but if I was caught over the limit I’d take the punishment, not try and weasel my way out it.

He’s claiming he got spiked cruz, which I’m afraid is IMO complete bunkum, the 2 glasses of wine and bud would have put him over the limit I'm sure, and the breath test claimed he'd had more.

Archived