BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Next year ticket sales

Are you renewing  

266 members have voted

1. 1. Assuming prices don't rise significantly. Will you be renewing your season ticket?

• Yes. Regardless of us staying up
    • Yes. But only if we stay up
    • Unsure Yet
    • No. I will not renew my season ticket
    • I don't have a season ticket but intend getting one next season
    • I don't have a season ticket and won't be getting one but want to vote anyway

As much is this is probably the wrong time to be asking this- has there been any word on ticket pricing for next season? :blush:

Nope! Scary, usually by now we're safe and we have talks of 'early bird' deals and such.

I don't even want to think about next season at the moment :unsure:

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Christ knows what must be going on at Ewood Park, what does the marketing/sales team try and promote?

Who do they liase with?

To be a fly on the wall!

Yep, someone's got a real job on trying to advertise the season tickets next year.

No 'taking back the Darwen End', no Burnley (or maybe there will be Burnley...), nothing.

There will be a massive drop, even if prices barely change.

• Backroom

No point in announcing prices if they would change if we go down, they will be announced once it's certain what league we will be in.

As for sponsors there's no announcement because there is no sponsor yet, obviously the uncertainty of league isn't helping.

If there was an option on the poll of dependent on manager I would have to reconsider my vote.

The reason a few things havent been announced yet is due to uncertainty on which league we are in - that goes for Season ticket prices, new sponsors, awards dinner etc..... :brfc:

That says to me that the either don't have the money or don't want to spend any money on us. If they did they would plan season ticket prices around us staying up and find any shortfall themselves in the event of "the thing about which Kean does not speak".

It's quite possible that Venkys have taken a look at our successful small club (low maintenance) model and said "we'll have a bit of that, and get some cheap global advertising to boot!".

The most maddening thing is that it's taken me this long to really believe it.

No, actually the most maddening thing is that The Trust must have seen them, and our ageing, diluted quality squad coming from a mile off.

• Backroom

Should we stay up the ticket prices will stay competitive and inline with the current model. If we go down then things will be different I imagine.

That says to me that the either don't have the money or don't want to spend any money on us. If they did they would plan season ticket prices around us staying up and find any shortfall themselves in the event of "the thing about which Kean does not speak".

Why should they do that? That is reckless…..something which the trust wouldn’t have done either. It makes sense to wait....after all IF we stay up then we may land a big sponsor, therefore bringing extra cash in....but until we have that answer nothing can be finalised.

The only reason our ticket prices are so low is because they subsidised from the extra TV money we get from the prem……….go down and that is no longer – therefore surely the ‘subsidised’ part of our season tickets will go onto fans….makes sense im afraid.

That’s why Preston’s tickets are nearly £400 and ours are £210!!

What Venkys plan on spending on the club shouldn’t really have much to do with how much fans should pay for tickets….yes they should be kept low, but you have to be realistic. IF the trust where still here and we went down, then they would hike prices up, no doubt!!

Why should they do that? That is reckless…..something which the trust wouldn’t have done either. It makes sense to wait....after all IF we stay up then we may land a big sponsor, therefore bringing extra cash in....but until we have that answer nothing can be finalised.

Why?

1) Because they could clear up a lot of uncertainty and they might well keep a large potion of their customer-base.

2) Because such a gesture might actually make a positive difference to how they are perceived by the fans and a timely boost.

3) Because they can afford it.

4) Because most importantly... come a bit closer to the screen so you can read this bit: IT'S THEIR FAULT!!!

I'm sure money is of no consequence to you Hughsey (Ten year season tickets, etc) but to a lot of people this is going to be a deal-breaker.

"As I look ahead, I am filled with foreboding"

As far as I can see it Blackburn Rovers are currently giving out a death rattle. I feel like I need to stand back and revisit the entire situation with reason and logic. Why is this? Cos I am simply not enjoying the product on offer anymore that is why.

Apart from the blue and white halves there is simply nothing to link the club with the area and the supporters anymore. The owners are Indian with no link to Blackburn, no understanding of the sport and with no affinity to either the town or the club. We have no Chairman, this godawful manager is Scottish, his godawful asst is a Danish journeyman. Apart from the clearly finished Dunny and Arsenals soon to be CH the players are just an assortment of Carlos Kickaballs playing for the highest bidder. The Prem is a sick joke and the Prem elite have left us trailing in their wake. Every new season will always be a desperate struggle to avoid relegation until we are actually relegated and then every new season will be a struggle to stay in the Championship and so on. The ST pricess will rise dramatically if relegation happens. In providing the bullets to dismiss the last manager despite the very real dangers of relegation on the club being stressed upon them time and again too mnay of the supporters have forgotten or never experienced life in the footballing basement.

I spoke to one long time ST holder just this lunchtime who said that he will def not be renewing and from recent similar conversations there are loads around just like that.

"As I look ahead, I am filled with foreboding"

As far as I can see it Blackburn Rovers are currently giving out a death rattle. I feel like I need to stand back and revisit the entire situation with reason and logic. Why is this? Cos I am simply not enjoying the product on offer anymore that is why.

Apart from the blue and white halves there is simply nothing to link the club with the area and the supporters anymore. The owners are Indian with no link to Blackburn, no understanding of the sport and with no affinity to either the town or the club. We have no Chairman, this godawful manager is Scottish, his godawful asst is a Danish journeyman. Apart from the clearly finished Dunny and Arsenals soon to be CH the players are just an assortment of Carlos Kickaballs playing for the highest bidder. The Prem is a sick joke and the Prem elite have left us trailing in their wake. Every new season will always be a desperate struggle to avoid relegation until we are actually relegated and then every new season will be a struggle to stay in the Championship and so on. The ST pricess will rise dramatically if relegation happens. In providing the bullets to dismiss the last manager despite the very real dangers of relegation on the club being stressed upon them time and again too mnay of the supporters have forgotten or never experienced life in the footballing basement.

I spoke to one long time ST holder just this lunchtime who said that he will def not be renewing and from recent similar conversations there are loads around just like that.

Difficult not to agree, but we shouldn't struggle one division down.

Difficult not to agree, but we shouldn't struggle one division down.

I suspect that's what Middlesbrough fans thought too Paul. Mind you, at least your assumption is there is a club to support - every cloud and all that. My fear - no insider knowledge by the way - is that foreboding may not be a strong enough term.

• Moderation Lead

The reason I went back into this thread is I just thought it was really odd that we hadn't heard anything by mid-april, given that friends that are fans of other clubs have been talking about renewing their season tickets etc.

At any rate, worrying times!

The reason I went back into this thread is I just thought it was really odd that we hadn't heard anything by mid-april, given that friends that are fans of other clubs have been talking about renewing their season tickets etc.

At any rate, worrying times!

Friends of fans whos club are safe perhaps.

Relegation battles always delay this stuff.....there is still AGES before the next season so dont worry.

sod them then.

either you support the club through thick and thin or thin and thin or you dont.

not a true supporter and that goes for any1 else who doesnt renew due to rovers being relegated or a mistrust in the new owners.

Anyone that could afford to go but stopped simply because we were not in the PL, yes I would take your point zacc.

However, if people beleive that our downfall is due to incompetency at every level, and that their only way of protesting against the ownership is by withdrawing their financial contrubution to the club- than that is fair enough.

Personally, if I was that way inclined, I would buy my ST and nothing more, but that is just me.

If they could afford it and they withdrew their financial contribution, surely that would mean that they are damaging the club just as many others are?

I probably won't be getting a season ticket next season but this isn't because of the owners or anything, I just haven't got the time most games as I now live down at my university. Whenever I'm home, though, I'd go, regardless of league.

People who live within the area, claim to be supporters, can afford it and have the time but just can't be bothered to go because of XX trivial reason don't deserve a football club with a history like ours. Half of the 'I'm never going on again' people are the ones who preach about the terrible years in "t'olde 47th division when it were 0.0003 tuppence ter get in'. Is it really worse than that now?

Archived