BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Best Player in the PL

Simple premise. I've just been asked the question "Who is the best player in the Premier League?"

And I couldn't answer. In seasons gone by I would have said Ronaldo or Drogba but this year I'm struggling.

I think Berbatov is still current leading scorer but he's not really shone.

So who's best, and why?

It would be Van der Vaart for me, although he's been a bit quiet lately. He's definitely signing of the season for me though. He's been absolutely key for Spurs on all fronts this season, along with Bale.

Also I think Nani is coming into his own, and while not quite at the level of Ronaldo, he's still been deliving the goods for United.

Tevez, Nasri and Berbatov have all been pretty important for their respective teams, but I think all 3 players, as well as the players I've mentioned above have been a bit inconsistent throughout the season, but they've definitely been standouts for me.

Charlie Adam's free kicks, corners and penalties have been as good as VDV's, if not better but I'd probably say Nani just because he's scored some decent goals and has the most assists.

If you take away Bale's champions league performances he's not been spectacular in the league, he's certainly not scored brilliantly in the fantasy league points.

I think one of Nani, Vidic or Tevez should win depending on who has the strongest finish to the season.

Has there really been a stand out player this season?

That's where I'm at, Maj. Someone mentioned Bale. He had a purple patch for the first half of the season but doesn't seem to have hit those heights recently.

Rooney is a class player but since his injury and sordid revelations in his private life doesn't seem the same. Although he will surely win goal of the season.

Not really seen enough of VDV to comment.

There are plenty of nearly men this year but no real stand-out. It sure as hell ain't Torres!

I think a lot of the 'big' named players have failed to perform consistently this season either due to lack of form or injuries however a lot of players from the teams around us have performed well for their clubs.

Considering how pants WHU are, Scott Parker has pretty much given them a chance of beating the drop. Without him, they would have been dead and buried at Christmas.

I've also been impressed with Leighton Baines for Everton. He's been pretty consistent all season and would have been a regular for England if Ashley Cole wasn't so good.

Matt Jarvis has been superb for Wolves this season and deserved his recent England call up.

Nasri has been off form for the past 2 months. Nani and Vidic have outshone anyone else from the 'top 4'. VDV has done very well for his first season but has struggled with injury, likewise Bale. Modric would be my choice out of the Spurs players.

Scott Parker for me. Saw him against Liverpool and he murdered their midfield. West Ham would be buried without him.

Archived