BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Robinson

• Backroom

We know players will leave if we drop, we have to make sure we don't get bent over a barrell and don't let players go unless we are happy with the fee.

What do people think Robbo would be worth? I'd say around the £8m mark would be fair (Craig Gordons price if I remember right) but doubt we would get offered it.

Maybe a daft point as worth is relative to the teams interested I suppose.

We know players will leave if we drop, we have to make sure we don't get bent over a barrell and don't let players go unless we are happy with the fee.

What do people think Robbo would be worth? I'd say around the £8m mark would be fair (Craig Gordons price if I remember right) but doubt we would get offered it.

Maybe a daft point as worth is relative to the teams interested I suppose.

Craig Gordon was a crazy price, he was the 5th most expensive goalkeeper ever I think, plus he went for that much because he was still young.

He'd be gone for £4 million tops.

• Backroom

Your right Tony, my post was me dreaming really, we will never get true worth for any of our players if we go down.

I just hope other clubs forget about the likes of Hoilett and he stays and gets us back up ala Andy Carroll.

Very encoursging that Robinson has committed himself to us really IF we stay up.

He had no need to do so after a disappointing season.

If we go down, as for selling him for 4m, what absolute rot. That's more or less what we paid for him when he was out of form and out of favour. He's recovered his form and re-established himself as one of the best if not the best in the Premiership. I wouldn't swap him for anybody.

Worth at least 10m. (As long as there isn't a bloody "clause" in his contract).

Quite right Rev.

Robbo is one of the best in the league. Baffling to think Arsenal didn't try and make a move in January really.

At 31-32 he can give a top club 5+ years good service and really make a difference.

£10m?

You must be crackers. Never.

It all depends on supply and demand. If there are a lot of buyers out there, and Robinson has been very good this season, then perhaps 10m is not unreasonable.

However what will work against a good price is that I can't see Arsenal, Man Utd, Chelsea etc being that interested due to Robinson cracking under pressure with Spurs and England. This is a shame as without that history I could see one of them taking a punt on him based on the last two seasons form.

Probably our only hope of getting 5m+ is if Spurs or Liverpool fancy a go - Harry has been rumoured as interested and seems to like ex Spurs players, but its not like Liverpool need to replace Reina. Or maybe Stoke who have a lot of cash and would value Robinson's long accurate kicking.

Though we are staying up right, so this is all academic? :D

Why couldn't he stay if we were relegated. He wouldn't lose any money and it's not as if he's trying to get into the England squad.

Should've kept his gob shut.

I doubt he wants to spend the best years of his career in the Championship.

Agree on the last part, though.

In fairness, I've just read the actual quote in the Lancs Telegraph and it's not as blunt as what the Sky report shows.

I'll try and find a link online, read it in the paper version.

I doubt he wants to spend the best years of his career in the Championship.

Agree on the last part, though.

As we've said lots of times - easier said than done if you're asked a direct question. He loves it at Rovers and probably doesn't want to go but you can't waste your time if you're a footballer because it really is a short career, even for goalkeepers. I don't think he'd go just for the sake of it, but if an offer came in from the right club from his professioanl and personal point of view, then he'd be mad to reject it.

Archived