BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Bin Laden dead

So it's a decent cricketer or two that they've produced that has contributed to the history and benefit of all mankind is it? Thanks for your valued input Jim. :blink:

They've only been a country for sixty years.

What have you provided that's benefited mankind? Bigotry and ignorance don't count.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So it's a decent cricketer or two that they've produced that has contributed to the history and benefit of all mankind is it? Thanks for your valued input Jim. :blink:

You are obviously read none of the link I provided which might have shone some light into the dense fog swirling around inside your head.

Why am I not surprised you're not interested in learning.

Obama announced tonight that photos of Bin Laden will not be released so inevitably the conspiracy theories will continue to grow.

Conflicting reports:-

He was living in a mansion in luxury. The TV pictures I saw showed a squalid-looking compound.

He was killed after a 40 minute gun battle. He was murdered in cold blood being unarmed.

He hid behind his wife. His wife ran in front of him to protect him from being shot dead.

He was buried at sea. It wouldn't surprise me if they soon say they took his body in a rocket and put it on the moon.

A strange, strange turn of events.

However, who knows, in depth, the prophecies of Nostradamus and Mother Shipton?

Somewhere in the back of my mind one or both prophesied various events from several hundred years ago and all seem to have come true. This includes the rise of Hitler who was referred to as Hister in these prophecies.

The last prophecy was "The reign of the King of Terror" which was to last for thirteen years. After that.........NOTHING !

Did the reign of the king of terror start on 11/9/2001?

If so, that terror should end in 2014 (exactly 100 years after the beginning of the Great War).

THEN WHAT ?

I don't know what to believe. I find it highly unlikely the US would give his body to anybody else, too.

We would if they would have done something similar to it. Giving the bodies to the Saudis, his national government, who then confirm that they treated it in accordance with Islamic traditions before burying it at sea would have been far preferable.

Geronimo was a very inaccurate target label for him in the end.

Geronimo would have put up a fight.

Oh well, seen as though I appear to have annoyed a number of people, I'll try again to put over my point of view.

And apologies for my typos, we all do one now and then. They don't detract from the arguement, they merely provides insight into keyboard skills.

The original point of view, with which I disagreed, was that Pakistan must have known about OBL's (that OK?) presence in its country.

Kelbo; Bazzanotsogreat; Tashor; SouthAussieRover; & Bryan. I'll just put the boot on the other foot and ask you why you think they should have known? Let me know what you know about Pakistani information collection on people who are living in the country.

I'll still stand by my Shipman analogy. I'll admit it's not a perfect match but it's generic in a number of ways.

Do you know that you are not living within a mile of a mass murderer. Does your local police force? Does your local security service? M15 or the Aussie equivalent.

Probably not. So I'm not sure why you are pouring scorn on my defence of the Pakistani security service - which, BTW is all I've commented on.

Apparently the "luxury compound" was a short distance from Pakistan's elite military academy.

SAR, I'm not quite sure not sure how to put this, but are you suggesting that the academy (a training establishment, not the actualy military) has some kind of "usefullness effect" the closer it gets to its base? That's like suggesting that crime prevention in Lancashire decreases the further it gets from Lancashire police training HQ in Hutton.

The world's media seem to have grabbed onto this as some salient point. It means absolutlely nothing if you think about it.

Apologies if I've ruffled a few feathers, but there is so much false "given logic" in all this discussion that it really gets on my tits.

They've only been a country for sixty years.

What have you provided that's benefited mankind? Bigotry and ignorance don't count.

60 years huh? Israel's only been a country for a similar length of time. Japan and the FDR were only created post WW2 also. No special natural resources but they've 'got on' haven't they?

btw Is it possible that you could make a single post without including an insult? You have become mighty unpopular on here recently because of your supercilious and insulting manner. I don't know if you are related but copying Jim's style is not big and it's not clever. Let me give you a tip tgm which I try to employ when I post... post only what you would say to someone face to face. ;)

Oh well, seen as though I appear to have annoyed a number of people, I'll try again to put over my point of view......

The original point of view, with which I disagreed, was that Pakistan must have known about OBL's (that OK?) presence in its country.

Kelbo; Bazzanotsogreat; Tashor; SouthAussieRover; & Bryan. I'll just put the boot on the other foot and ask you why you think they should have known? Let me know what you know about Pakistani information collection on people who are living in the country.

Here's someone who should know. From the Telegraph link above....

Lieutenant General Asad Durrani, former head of the ISI, Pakistan's intelligence service, said it was "inconceivable" that his government was unaware of the US raid on Osama bin Laden's compound.

He claimed his country was forced to deny any knowledge of the raid to avoid a domestic backlash. The ISI's official line has been that bin Laden's compound had "slipped off our radar" after it raided the building in 2003 while hunting for another senior al-Qaeda operative.The agency claims it was unaware that bin Laden was hiding there.

Lieutenant General Durrani, however, said that the denial was a "political" maneuver by the intelligence services to avoid claims that they were working too closely with the US.

He said: "It is more likely that they did know [about the raid]. It is not conceivable that it was done without the involvement of Pakistani security forces at some stage. They were involved and they were told they were in position.

"The army chief was in his office, the cordons had been thrown around that particular place. The Pakistani helicopters were also in the air so that indicates that it was involved.

"[There are] political implications back home. If you say that you are involved there is a large, vocal faction of Pakistani society that will get very upset because we are carrying out repeatedly these operations with the Americans."

60 years huh? Israel's only been a country for a similar length of time. Japan and the FDR were only created post WW2 also. No special natural resources but they've 'got on' haven't they?

If Pakistan contributes nothing to the world, not something I've considered before, using your example what exactly does Israel contribute other than bullying anyone who annoys them and then running off to hide behind the USA?

As for Japan and Germany how can you say they have only existed for 60 years? Granted both rebuilt after WW2 and Germany re-defined its borders but this is hardly "country creation" in the same manner as Pakistan.

If Pakistan contributes nothing to the world, . . .

Based on my personal observations of my small part of the world, Pakistan has contributed many intelligent, educated, hard working and civic-minded immigrants whom I think have, as a whole, improved our local community.

If Pakistan contributes nothing to the world, not something I've considered before, using your example what exactly does Israel contribute other than bullying anyone who annoys threatens them and then running off to hide behind the USA?

As for Japan and Germany how can you say they have only existed for 60 years? Granted both rebuilt after WW2 and Germany re-defined its borders but this is hardly "country creation" in the same manner as Pakistan.

Sorry I should have said the 'State of Japan'.

btw I've edited your post on the basis of accuracy.

I'll still stand by my Shipman analogy. I'll admit it's not a perfect match but it's generic in a number of ways.

Do you know that you are not living within a mile of a mass murderer. Does your local police force? Does your local security service? M15 or the Aussie equivalent.

Probably not. So I'm not sure why you are pouring scorn on my defence of the Pakistani security service - which, BTW is all I've commented on.

It's a flawed argument, I don't know why you're persisting with it.

We're talking about the world's most wanted man here. His picture has been beamed around the world, he's released numerous videos to the press. You wouldn't have bumped into him in the street and not realised it wasn't him. He wasn't hiding out in some caves. He was on the doorstep of a military academy, going about his daily business without fear as far as I can tell. Admittedly growing a beard so long he was trying to knit it into his pubes would help him blend in, but still, it's shocking that the Pakistani intelligence services didn't know.

If Fred West had gone on telly bragging about bumping off women then I think people would somehow have spotted him. If it's an unknown serial killer whose crimes have yet to be detected then obviously no-one would know.

[quote name='bazza' timestamp='1304544343' post='1059

The last prophecy was "The reign of the King of Terror" which was to last for thirteen years. After that.........NOTHING !

Did the reign of the king of terror start on 11/9/2001?

If so, that terror should end in 2014 (exactly 100 years after the beginning of the Great War).

THEN WHAT ?

Then Kean gets the sack.

btw Is it possible that you could make a single post without including an insult?

Some people should take their own advice.

Based on my personal observations of my small part of the world, Pakistan has contributed many intelligent, educated, hard working and civic-minded immigrants whom I think have, as a whole, improved our local community.

Don't tell Gordon - spoils his myopic view of the world.

Moving on, Reuters have released these pictures taken by a security official inside the compound.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/gallery/2011/may/04/osama-bin-laden-compound#/?picture=374256182&index=8

Some interesting comments in this article too about why Pakistanis do not trust the US or the CIA and feel vindictaed in their mistrust by the several different versions of events coming out of Washington since Bin Laden's apparent demise.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2011/may/05/osama-bin-laden-pakistan-locals-flock-house

Guest roverite1991

The only cause for concern is whether or not he really IS dead. I don't care about anything else after the atrocities that b*****d plotted. I believe that he IS dead and I for one (while not feeling safer, due to potential reprisals) am grateful that Satan has taken his buddy home.

The only cause for concern is whether or not he really IS dead. I don't care about anything else after the atrocities that b*****d plotted. I believe that he IS dead and I for one (while not feeling safer, due to potential reprisals) am grateful that Satan has taken his buddy home.

You can't face a SEAL team and live to tell the tale, it doesn't happen. He is well and truly swimming with the fishes now.

We would if they would have done something similar to it. Giving the bodies to the Saudis, his national government, who then confirm that they treated it in accordance with Islamic traditions before burying it at sea would have been far preferable.

Saudia Arabia was'nt his national government he had his passport and national identity stripped by the Saudi's years ago

Archived