BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] How much will we spend on transfers?

Will Venkys deliver on the transfer front or will they make the trust look like Sheikh Mansur?

Given the informed/wild guesses at what we have to spend this summer, just for a bit of fun post the amount you think we will actually spend by the end of the window. To clarify we're talking transfer fees, not wages.

I'll start off with.

£7,300,000

£3,500,000 - although if a few signings are "undisclosed" it might be hard to find out!

I think we will be linked to spending £50,000,000 through the usual paper rumours. My tip for "marque signing" link which fails is Adebayor

Keane said on Radio Lancashire today that he was getting £5million, plus any cash left over from the last window(no figures) and anything that comes in from sales. Not happy about the sales bit, hope it refers to the deadwood. Said we needed a midfielder and two strikers.

Keane said on Radio Lancashire today that he was getting £5million, plus any cash left over from the last window(no figures) and anything that comes in from sales. Not happy about the sales bit, hope it refers to the deadwood. Said we needed a midfielder and two strikers.

He'll be hard pushed to get a midfielder and 2 strikers with £5m!

If that is the case the summer transfer window will be about as productive as January's.

If we only get 5 mil to spend that means we'll sign jj and the rest of the signings will have to be from the benjani price range tho when junior, jones and samba see our ambitions their fees will be added to the pot.

if its a 5 mill budget, then ill actually believe it. if its 20 mill, then I don't believe it. I think we wont spend any money on transfers, but we will get in 5 new players plus Myles Anderson.

great stuff. :rolleyes::angry::lol:

are we going to sign Owen(free), RSC for about 2 million plus J.Jones. and that will be our spending! NOT exactly what we was expect to be honest.

I can see Kean selling Kalinic for about 3 million, grella for about 1 million, so that will help. I think he will keep Andrews at the club as a squad player.

still think we need a proper right back and a young right back to replace salgado.

I would say let's wait and see. Maybe Kean is playing games and saying that we have NOT got much money available to make sure prices don't go up and he is able to make the most of whatever money he's got to spend. I really hope so.

The key to our transfer budget is the 'marquee signing'. This has always been explained as coming out of the Rao's pocket and not the transfer kitty. If we are after 3 players and a one is a 'marquee signing' (hopefully striker) then £5mil + bits and pieces would allow the signing of J.Jones and a good free option (Owen?)

If there is no marquee signing then we will not improve the squad much with £5mil!

So does this mean we can put your estimate down as £5,000,000 :tu:

I'm taking any talk about our budget, either way, with a huge pinch of salt. Actions will speak louder than words.

BENJANI SIGNS NEW 10 YEAR DEAL!!!

damn Toppers, almost had me going there with Benjani. :lol:

Did he really say 5 million?

• Backroom

I think we'll sign a striker for £3-4m to replace niko, jones for £3m and then a couple of young talents for nominal fees.

We have the makings of a good team just one or two players short of it. Jones is one and then a striker is another. A couple of fullbacks wouldn't go amiss either and in a dream scenario we finally get a playmaker.

I'm going for £5-6m spent not including any outgoings

great stuff. :rolleyes::angry::lol:

are we going to sign Owen(free), RSC for about 2 million plus J.Jones. and that will be our spending! NOT exactly what we was expect to be honest.

I can see Kean selling Kalinic for about 3 million, grella for about 1 million, so that will help. I think he will keep Andrews at the club as a squad player.

still think we need a proper right back and a young right back to replace salgado.

I would say let's wait and see. Maybe Kean is playing games and saying that we have NOT got much money available to make sure prices don't go up and he is able to make the most of whatever money he's got to spend. I really hope so.

Grella for about a million ! Are you for real ? What nut case would actually pay to have Grella on their " playing " staff ? Last I heard he was leaving his body to science. He's had more injuries than the rest of the Premier League put together.

I can see Kean selling Kalinic for about 3 million, grella for about 1 million, so that will help.

Personally, I don't feel that selling our best striker for 3 million (and the fact he's our only striker we could consider selling at even that price shows it might be stupid to do so) with Kean in charge of finding a replacement will be of any help at all. But I know some don't feel the same way. Granted, if Kean just isn't going to play him, it seems to make sense to sell, but I'd rather hang on to him until Kean (probably) gets sacked and we get a manager in with more nous.

We'd be lucky to get a million for Grella. As much as I hate to let players go for free, we probably should if someone wants to take him off our hands and won't pay. As long as we're not paying his wages.

• Backroom

If we could get £3m for kalinic it would be good business I think. He's finished here, played under 2 managers and was never a regular under either for long periods. He reportedly came with an attitude problem and maybe that's still the case as he does have a bit of ability.

I think that Venkys commited to £5m a window for first 4 windows from something I read. I think we are just re-iterating that figure ( I hope ).

If we could get £3m for kalinic it would be good business I think. He's finished here, played under 2 managers and was never a regular under either for long periods. He reportedly came with an attitude problem and maybe that's still the case as he does have a bit of ability.

If we decide to sell him, it's probably about the best we could get. That isn't the same as good business.

Sadly, I'd be very surprised if it is more than five million. Back in Feburary, there was a lot of upset internally at how much the club was costing them. It sounds to me like the substanial transfer budget involves selling one of our sought after players. I wish Kean would keep his mouth shut though:

"My meeting in India was very productive. The owners are promising a budget like never before, we'll be in the top ten"

+

"Yeah, it's five million"

=

Blackburn Rovers - Laughing Stock.

Archived