BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] How much will we spend on transfers?

Very confusing from Kean, I suppose we have to just hope that its a smoke screen after realising that talking up our budget does us few favours....

Undoubtably we need to spend money on two players - 1) J Jones 2) A first rate tested lead the line style of striker. People have mentioned Ba who might be on a free, and if we got him that's great, but more than likely we are going to have to drop some cash.

Kean really does have a nack of talking up things. Remember the assistant manager who was going to turn heads!!

Now we talk up a big transfer kitty and its actually not that big at all.

The only thing i would say is that he mentions an extra 5m. If thats on top of the agreed 5m per window then we have 10m to spend. Not too bad then.

We Would also have an income from player sales. Niko and probably Samba could net us a combined £15m to add to this. Might not be too bad then.

Kean really does have a nack of talking up things. Remember the assistant manager who was going to turn heads!!

Now we talk up a big transfer kitty and its actually not that big at all.

The only thing i would say is that he mentions an extra 5m. If thats on top of the agreed 5m per window then we have 10m to spend. Not too bad then.

We Would also have an income from player sales. Niko and probably Samba could net us a combined £15m to add to this. Might not be too bad then.

Samba is actually a huge loss. You can wave 10 or 12M around all day but it can't play football.

But if he doesn't want to stay what do you do 47er?

If he wants out it's our job to get the biggest fee possible and try to bring in a decent replacement.

Well he has signed a new contract so we could hold him to it. Worked with Charlie Adam.

However my feelings are more about what we'll do with the money we get for him.

If we were to get 15M for him and buy someone worth 15M with it then I could be sad but not complain.

our defence looks okay, but our midfield and attack are lacking both quality and quantitiy.

Personally i think, we´ll see some players coming in on loan and thats sensible. Its cheap and therefore quite logical.

I see venky´s sticking to their mantra of 5 million pr window. Selling a star player and use the funds, to get a replacment in, from a younger age group, who again can be sold for profit.

eventhough kean has stated otherwise in the english media and jensen has done so in the danish, i just dont see us spending big or should i say that big.

We should hold out for 20 million for Samba, Arsenal have loads of money plus we don't need the money. We nearly got relegated our current squad needs 20 million plus spent on it to get back into the top 10.

I love how a £5m figure is talked about and then thats it....the budget has to be £5m.

He mentioned an EXTRA £5m....nobody knows what the original budget is. Despite how dumb our new owners have been I do not believe we would reveal our exact budget in the press.

Sit tight and watch things unfold....why would all the players keep talking about exciting things if we only have £5m to spend? They aint thick!

I love how a £5m figure is talked about and then thats it....the budget has to be £5m.

He mentioned an EXTRA £5m....nobody knows what the original budget is. Despite how dumb our new owners have been I do not believe we would reveal our exact budget in the press.

Sit tight and watch things unfold....why would all the players keep talking about exciting things if we only have £5m to spend? They aint thick!

Re your lsr sentence- I wouldn't be so sure of that.

Keane said on Radio Lancashire today that he was getting £5million, plus any cash left over from the last window(no figures) and anything that comes in from sales. Not happy about the sales bit, hope it refers to the deadwood. Said we needed a midfielder and two strikers.

GOOD GRIEF! is that bad news if true :(

We are crying out for a 20 goal a season striker and for that alone you are looking at 10 million+

I really do have a bad feeling we are stuck with RSC.

• Backroom

Several months ago, you seemed to have the impression that they would be putting more in, provided we stayed up?

I think even though the likes of Kamy and BPF may have more sources than us none of them are as in the know as we'd like them to be. Plenty of things are mentioned and then changed and you have to wonder who is putting some of the info out there.

Archived