BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Say no to RSC

Ok here goes.

I understand there is already a thread involving a poll as to whether to sign any of our current loanees but in my opinion more attention needs to be brought to the possible signing of Roque Santa Cruz on a permanent basis.

In regards to his loan spell since January I'm sure that when the deal was announced even the most pessimistic of fans would not have envisaged it panning out as badly as it did. He was signed to score the goals to keep us in the Premiership and failed miserably. I do not dislike the chap but with 0 goals it truly was a horrendous spell. As bad as it could have gone. He is over the hill, completely past it.

For the life of me I cannot see why the club are looking to sign him on a permanent basis. With a huge 95% of fans on this board voting no to buying him outright there is clearly a huge but in my opinion relatively silent opposition to his signing. As for that 5% who voted yes. The message I repeatedly see splashed around is

"He will come on the cheap and be on pay as you play wages, it's basically risk free."

No it is not!

RSC is on 90k a week. RSC may be willing to take a wage drop to a club which he stated he felt like he was "coming home" to, but he will still be coming in as one of our top earners and therefore surly first choice. In my estimation expecting him to drop to around 60k p/w is what we would be looking at.

So what I am asking for is to make our voices heard. Facebook groups, on here, radio, LT if possible, anywhere. We were in a relegation scrap due to the lack of a decent striker just as much as the off field issues. We will be there next year too if we go into the new season with that same strike force. So make ourselves heard. Rightly or wrongly it has clearly worked before and this time I'm pretty sure most are unanimously in agreement this is not the way forwards!

So say no to RSC

My link

Hard to disagree. I havn't seen RSC on his return but a nil goals return is absolutely pitiful.

He was an inspirational signinng by Sparky (one of a few). He had the lot really. A bit of pace, fantastic touch , good in the air, could pass and an unerring finisher.

Sadly the pace and David Bentley had gone on his return.

Back down to Beswick Rocky, where the grass is greener for you apparently.

We can't sign Roque based on former glory. He had his chance here to stake his claim and failed to make an impact. He's lost something to his game, no doubt caused by his constant injuries.

We'd be better off taking van Nistelrooy on a free. I doubt their wages would be much different.

I agree, but when has any club taken notice of fan's wishes when it comes to signing players?

I understand what you are saying but the voice of the fans has been heard before in regards to when Allardyce was not appointed. (Do not what the rights and wrongs of that decision debated here though)

But anyway. I have just started a facebook group. Please join and get anyone you know to join to.

Edit: forgot to put the link Facebook group

• Backroom

I agree completely... I didn't want him to sign in Jan and I definitely don't want him signing on a permanent now. Thanks for the 07/08 season, please go and rob wages from another club.

Ok here goes.

I understand there is already a thread involving a poll as to whether to sign any of our current loanees but in my opinion more attention needs to be brought to the possible signing of Roque Santa Cruz on a permanent basis.

In regards to his loan spell since January I'm sure that when the deal was announced even the most pessimistic of fans would not have envisaged it panning out as badly as it did. He was signed to score the goals to keep us in the Premiership and failed miserably. I do not dislike the chap but with 0 goals it truly was a horrendous spell. As bad as it could have gone. He is over the hill, completely past it.

For the life of me I cannot see why the club are looking to sign him on a permanent basis. With a huge 95% of fans on this board voting no to buying him outright there is clearly a huge but in my opinion relatively silent opposition to his signing. As for that 5% who voted yes. The message I repeatedly see splashed around is

"He will come on the cheap and be on pay as you play wages, it's basically risk free."

No it is not!

RSC is on 90k a week. RSC may be willing to take a wage drop to a club which he stated he felt like he was "coming home" to, but he will still be coming in as one of our top earners and therefore surly first choice. In my estimation expecting him to drop to around 60k p/w is what we would be looking at.

So what I am asking for is to make our voices heard. Facebook groups, on here, radio, LT if possible, anywhere. We were in a relegation scrap due to the lack of a decent striker just as much as the off field issues. We will be there next year too if we go into the new season with that same strike force. So make ourselves heard. Rightly or wrongly it has clearly worked before and this time I'm pretty sure most are unanimously in agreement this is not the way forwards!

So say no to RSC

Totally agree - NO TO RSC

pay as you play deal? as a squad player, with Kalinic and M Diouf leaving, he wouldn't be bad. But no for me either, not if there is a fee attached, or ridiculous wages being paid.

pay as you play deal? as a squad player, with Kalinic and M Diouf leaving, he wouldn't be bad. But no for me either, not if there is a fee attached, or ridiculous wages being paid.

Yes thats what i said!,

similar to what owen has at man u i think, gets a very basic average salary thats sustantially bumbed up when hes fit and playing and more if he scores.

even with favourable terms, i would still say no iceman.

Benjani has done better then rsc, close to much better actually, so imo the signing of rsc would be crazy.

• Backroom

I'd rather we don't have a say on it.

I wouldn't sign Roque and Kean wouldn't be my choice of manager but the manager should have the say on who he wants to sign it's a football club not a reality tv show.

Archived