BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Tom Finn Leaves Rovers

Can someone please confirm is this new guy Paul Hunt from Leicester going to step into Tom's role now?. If so, at least they have someone lined up.

He was supposed to be deputy chief executive.

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/9007400.Blackburn_Rovers_appoint_new_deputy_chief_executive/

Sad to hear Tom Finn has left, and worrying. Although I doubt TF or JW have had any say in what's gone on anyway.

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Surprised people didnt work this one out too.

When JW went mid season - it was clear TF would stay till the end of the season, he's now gone as expected.

Thanks for all the hard work - now onwards and upwards with fresh new ideas which hopefully improve us.

And then there were none!

As said by many no surprise, it was the worst kept secret since JW went.

No problem with change at all - it's just the speed of the change. Everyone out the door in half a season. All the noises up front were about tradition, family values and respecting the current officers and management of the club. This is a whirlwind of change. But that's the way it is I guess. Let's hope they know what they are doing and that good times are ahead, just seems a bloody strange way of going about things.

Bucky - sometimes you are just to caustic for your own good - why not attack the content sometimes instead of the poster It's just plain wearisome. Surely you can allow someone to mourn the moving on of a good servant of the club without all this bile. You need to take a good look at yourself.

Bucky - sometimes you are just to caustic for your own good - why not attack the content sometimes instead of the poster It's just plain wearisome. Surely you can allow someone to mourn the moving on of a good servant of the club without all this bile. You need to take a good look at yourself.

Well said, but you're wasting your breath.

He likes a good sneer. But when he actually puts his own opinion on the line, it's unconvincing and lightweight.

Poor Vinjay will be upset. I told him that this was going to happen three weeks ago on Twitter and it was another thing that he refused to believe.

I know that many people on here are in contact with Tom and are aware of why he had to leave.

I hear that Venkys are about to make another senior appointment shortly.

You know for a fact he was fired? Or did he feel the time was right to leave?

Just like JW felt it was the right time?

If you are a businessman as you claim to be, the easiest job in the world would be to make things so uncomfortable for the employee, they would leave!!

Football is a business, people have different ways of running a business. I know nothing of the new people at the helm so give them a chance to mess up first hey? Williams and Finn will have known the writing was on the wall when new owners arrived. Football is not about fans opinions anymore or unfortunately loyalty its about staying part of the bskyb premiership and all the riches it brings. We as fans contribute a mere percentage of the clubs revenue so does our opinion overly matter when it comes to the running of the club ... Hell no.

Very Very sad news but not unexpected. The 2 cornerstones (John and Tom) have left the club in the last 6 months and will be sorely missed.

Venky's are entitled to run the club in anyway they see fit, but in my opinion a huge error in judgement letting firstly John leave the club and now letting Tom go. If only they realised that when they bought Rovers they had 2 MAJOR assests in John and Tom who would not only have protected the investment that Venky's had made but made sure it grew into a huge success.

Kamy, I dont think that Venky's realise anything to be perfectly honest, I am amazed they have accrued so much wealth, I can only assume it was the father who was the businessman, its certainly not been the business acumin of the daughter and Chuckle Brothers.

Football is a business, people have different ways of running a business. I know nothing of the new people at the helm so give them a chance to mess up first hey? Williams and Finn will have known the writing was on the wall when new owners arrived. Football is not about fans opinions anymore or unfortunately loyalty its about staying part of the bskyb premiership and all the riches it brings. We as fans contribute a mere percentage of the clubs revenue so does our opinion overly matter when it comes to the running of the club ... Hell no.

So you really dont think they have messed things up already, both I and the majority of the football world think they have messed up big style.

Football is a business, people have different ways of running a business. I know nothing of the new people at the helm so give them a chance to mess up first hey?

I take it you missed the past six months then.

Just like JW felt it was the right time?

If you are a businessman as you claim to be, the easiest job in the world would be to make things so uncomfortable for the employee, they would leave!!

Bunkum Kelbo.

You’re once again trying to create a story where none exists, give it a rest please.

Bunkum Kelbo.

Youre once again trying to create a story where none exists, give it a rest please.

I am creating nothing of the kind, I may, not saying I do, know a little more than you do.

Indeed, most of your arguments have never once been substantiated by facts, maybe I can remind you of the lies from the owners, the facts of which some are reported in todays Lancashire Telegraph.

Messed up?

Sacked Allardyce. Replaced with Kean. PREMIER LEAGUE STATUS STILL INTACT. Failure? NO

John Williams resigns.

Tom Finn resigns.

Any business/owners want their own people at the helm, why do Venky's have to be any different? Failure? NO.

Subsidised Wolves Tickets. Failure? NO.

FREE £10 vouchers for every fan travelling to Wolves. Failure? NO.

Spent £5million and secured Samba, Robbo, Nelsen on long term contracts. Failure? NO.

Looking to tie down Junior Hoillet on a long term contract. Failure? NO

Looking to buy Jermaine Jones. Met his wage demands for the loan to initally take place. Failure? NO.

So where have they messed up?

Messed up?

Sacked Allardyce. Replaced with Kean. PREMIER LEAGUE STATUS STILL INTACT. Failure? NO

John Williams resigns.

Tom Finn resigns.

Any business/owners want their own people at the helm, why do Venky's have to be any different? Failure? NO.

Subsidised Wolves Tickets. Failure? NO.

FREE £10 vouchers for every fan travelling to Wolves. Failure? NO.

Spent £5million and secured Samba, Robbo, Nelsen on long term contracts. Failure? NO.

Looking to tie down Junior Hoillet on a long term contract. Failure? NO

Looking to buy Jermaine Jones. Met his wage demands for the loan to initally take place. Failure? NO.

So where have they messed up?

If you really believe that JW and Tom Finn wanted to leave Rovers, then I'll have some of what you're on, if you think that gimmicks of the Wolves tickets and freebies blinker the fact that we were drawn into a relegation issue because they failed to understand the footballing culture and what is neccessary to be successfull in the Premier League, sacked a perfectly good manager, gave out extended contracts to certain players, some of whom you have mentioned, many you havent, put a complete novice in charge as manager, reduced the backroom staff including the academy which is at its most productive for decades. Now what else have they failed on?

Oh yes, the downright lies and contradictory statements which proper football people over the whole country have commented on in both the media and on television and the major statement upon purchasing the club was that 'all the management structure would remain in place'

I am creating nothing of the kind, I may, not saying I do, know a little more than you do.

Indeed, most of your arguments have never once been substantiated by facts, maybe I can remind you of the lies from the owners, the facts of which some are reported in todays Lancashire Telegraph.

Its not a pi**ing competition, and I don’t claim to have insider knowledge, so that comment is completely irrelevant.

Tom Finn has left the club, no story there, but as usual people are trying to make one, its becoming tiresome Kelbo, it really is.

I’ve always been one for people posting little snippets of information, in fact I’ve done it myself once I seem to recall, but nowadays these snippets NEVER have any truth to them, so that’s why I’m getting sick of it.

Only person to ever get anything right was Nicko, sadly he’s gone, the rest of you post nonsense, this has been proven time and time again.

I'm referring to the people who have taken over from Williams/Finn at the helm not Venkys. Venkys have every right to employ these people and run the business the way they see fit. I agree Williams and Finn have been magnificent but who can say the new people won't be? I'm not getting into pros and cons of Venkys I'm merely pointing out they can run the business any damn way they like!

Archived