BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Mark Hughes – managerial mercenary or just plain old ambitious?

Villa saying he's not going there. Wonder if we fancy a change at the top ;)

Wishfull thinking I think. Still think he has unfinished business here so maybe one day. Still think were stuck with kean who has an opportunity to prove a lot of people wrong

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If the Venkys want to take the club forward, they should be on the phone to Hughes now and offering him the job at all cost and get rid of this prat we have in charge at the moment. Hughes only left us because of lack of ambition and not enough funds to take the club any further then he wanted, now the venkys are here that could change unless they are just talking bull s---!!!

Villa saying he's not going there. Wonder if we fancy a change at the top ;)

hope so, it will help Samba and Jones to stay here too,

KEAN OUT, HUGHES IN!!!!

As much as I would love Hughes and his team back, I reckon he's got bigger fish to fry.

Always remember leaving a reserve match with my son at Ewood about 15 minutes from the end and Hughes happened to be leaving at the same time. He had time to engage in a few pleasantries which made my lad's month! Seemed genuinely interested and very respectful, came across as a decent bloke.

Sorry, I just wanted to continue the suspense of of Ricky's expertly placed wink.

I'm afraid that we are stuck with Kean until he dies or Venkys sell the club. Neither are imminent.

In other news, I was talking to one of the first teamers today (off the record). It appears as this 'We all love Kean' message is bullcrap. I am told that he is 'humoured' but very little else.

Sorry, I just wanted to continue the suspense of of Ricky's expertly placed wink.

I'm afraid that we are stuck with Kean until he dies or Venkys sell the club. Neither are imminent.

In other news, I was talking to one of the first teamers today (off the record). It appears as this 'We all love Kean' message is bullcrap. I am told that he is 'humoured' but very little else.

Oh! I just don't get what the owners see in Kean?

BPF, if you want to hammer our current manager with your 'insider knowledge' use the Kean thread, not this one, if that’s ok :tu:

Hughes leaving Fulham is not only a sign on the times but a sad indictment on the man for me. They picked him up when the chips were down and he's dumped them less than 12 months later, pathetic Mr Hughes, you need a reality check :angry:

BPF, if you want to hammer our current manager with your 'insider knowledge' use the Kean thread, not this one, if that’s ok :tu:

Hughes leaving Fulham is not only a sign on the times but a sad indictment of the man for me. They picked him up when the chips were down and he's dumped them less than 12 months later, pathetic Mr Hughes, you need a reality check :angry:

I'm confused as to why people think Hughes would come to Rovers. He's dumped Fulham with no deal yet in place with another club, such is his desperation to move onto something bigger. Are we bigger than Fulham? I'd argue no. We get smaller crowds selling much cheaper tickets so our ticket revenue will be significantly less than theirs, we both have rich owners, they are a bigger lure for players being in the capital and they're currently a fair bit better than us player-wise. We have a grander history but thats about it as far as I can see. And if it could be argued we are a bigger club than Fulham, it would only be slightly bigger and Hughes obviously wants something a lot bigger. Bit of a pipe dream IMO expecting Hughesy back.

I'm confused as to why people think Hughes would come to Rovers. He's dumped Fulham with no deal yet in place with another club, such is his desperation to move onto something bigger. Are we bigger than Fulham? I'd argue no. We get smaller crowds selling much cheaper tickets so our ticket revenue will be significantly less than theirs, we both have rich owners, they are a bigger lure for players being in the capital and they're currently a fair bit better than us player-wise. We have a grander history but thats about it as far as I can see. And if it could be argued we are a bigger club than Fulham, it would only be slightly bigger and Hughes obviously wants something a lot bigger. Bit of a pipe dream IMO expecting Hughesy back.

I dont think Fulham get bigger crowds!!

Poor show by Hughes. He had the chance to put down some roots and build something special at Fulham and to jump ship because he obviously thinks they aren't big enough for him shows a lack of class on his part. He's a good manager but not special and he's p!ssed on a good, solid club (like Rovers pre Venky's) with decent fans. Hughes has certainly gone down in my estimation.

Where Venkys shocked when they found out that they had to pay big Sams contract up in full along with the total cost of it after they had potted him ?

Perhaps one of the worst kept secrets in history !?!?!

IMO, Brockhall is not all sweetness and light!

Based on the testament of ONE first-team player?

Do you think every first-teamer loved Big Sam, as well? Or Sparky? Or Souey?

Went rooting through a Fulham forum called cottage corner to see what they all think of it. Someone suggested Kean as his replacement. Couldn't be happier.

If Venkys hired Hughes to replace Kean, it would be all mistakes forgiven in my book. In fact, I would freely acknowledge that I misjudged them and that they truly were desirous of challenging for Europe. So if anyone from Venkys reads this board, GO GET HUGHES. He is quality.

Hughes should learn to stick with a club, for longer in order for bigger clubs to take him seriously. He was 4 years with us, but had he stayed for another 4 years, maintained a good record, he would be in a much better position. A club like Villa, is basically similar to Fulham and Everton, where you can only take the club so far as maybe 6th. He had his chance at City, with big money at his disposal, and flopped. Villa, Fulham, Everton, Rovers etc are his level.

Rumours of Hughes to Chelsea? :wacko:

I really can't see that move happening, but if that was on the cards, I'd certainly take back my managerial mercenary comment. Chelsea, like City, are a completely different ball game than Villa or Newcastle and nobody could begrudge the man taking that job over Fulham.

Archived