BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Mark Hughes – managerial mercenary or just plain old ambitious?

Rumours of Hughes to Chelsea? :wacko:

Hughes has said in the past that he would like to manage each club he has played for. Although I cannot see him being able to fulfill that desire. I wouldn't rule Chelsea out. His aim though is eventually to manage Man U.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Everyone is jsut guessing. I think it's safe to assume he won't be going to Villa.

Perhaps Tottenham, Atletico Madrid?

Fulham are stuck with his herd of backroom staff as they didn't have any clause that would let them resign.

Everyone is jsut guessing. I think it's safe to assume he won't be going to Villa.

Fulham are stuck with his herd of backroom staff as they didn't have any clause that would let them resign.

Feel sorry for you. Don't like London clubs in general but Fulham is a good club and the fans are a decent lot. Similar club to Rovers in fact.

Can I persuade you to lobby your board to approach Steve Kean for the job ? He's a very "positive" manager with great belief in his own ability.

It would also save us sacking him next season.

Feel sorry for you. Don't like London clubs in general but Fulham is a good club and the fans are a decent lot. Similar club to Rovers in fact.

Can I persuade you to lobby your board to approach Steve Kean for the job ? He's a very "positive" manager with great belief in his own ability.

It would also save us sacking him next season.

ha ha ha!

Eh?

Surely if Fulham are happy for them to resign then they mutually agree to terminate the contracts?

Do you mean that you are stuck with them because there is no option to terminate their deals?

Hughes has taken them with him where ever he has gone, i wouldn't expect them to be around much longer than a month.

Who are Fulham fans wanting to replace him?

Just listening to the radio, apparently Hughes had agreed a new deal with Fulham a few weeks ago by all accounts, so you’d assume he’s definitely got another offer from somewhere.

I seem to remember that idiot Bowen disrespecting us the second him and the Tafia left to go to Citeh. They were in their own minds far too good for our little club. I lost all respect for them very quickly after they'd left.

I know we’ve got more pressing issues than Mark Hughes but the whole Fulham situation gets stranger by the day.

I’ve just read that Al Fayed has promised Jol in excess of 20m for transfers, surely the same offer was made to Hughes and he left?

Odd, very odd.

I can't believe the amount of people wanting him back.

Move on FFS. On the off chance that he did come back he would be off again in a shot.

How would that help us out? 4 managers in 2/3 years?

Stability is what we should be aiming for.

I got a text this morning saying Hughes is rumoured to be returning. I must stress, as far as I'm concerned this is pure rumour but has anyone (with better contacts) heard anything.

I post out of desperate hope, of course!

I know we’ve got more pressing issues than Mark Hughes but the whole Fulham situation gets stranger by the day.

I’ve just read that Al Fayed has promised Jol in excess of 20m for transfers, surely the same offer was made to Hughes and he left?

Odd, very odd.

Not really. Last year O'Neill got little return from Lernar for all his blackmail attempts but despite his track record at Lpool Houllier was then given mega millions to waste.

He's a mercenary. I have no respect for people without loyalty in football.

You will be facing a lifetime of disappointment then.

• Moderation Lead

He's a mercenary. I have no respect for people without loyalty in football.

I'm sure you can count on one hand the people you respect in football then.... :blush:

The game is awash with mercenaries!

Archived