BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Our Rovers, Our Venky's....

Well it's been a turbulent few months for us Rovers fans. We've had problem after problem, loss after loss, disappointment after disappointment and now the whole football world seems to be laughing at us.

Every day you can find articles saying how bad we are, how bad our owners are and how we are going to finish bottom.

Why don't we stop for a minute, forget the hysteria and the fact most people want us to fail and ask ourselves...are Venky's doing things the right way? Have they learnt something?

I have to say that since the sacking of Sam and the January transfer madness they haven't done too much wrong. I know everyone expected money in the tens of millions and big names but most links have come from the press, not from Venky's. Most of what they have said in the last 2 months you can't really pick at. Things have started slowly in this market but we seem to be on the verge of signing at least 3 players. All three look exciting, young prospects to me. None of them costing over £3m. That is the way to do it in my opinion. Why spend an inflated fee on someone like Robbie Keane...that just puts pressure on him and pressure on the manager to play him. Signing young players...all of which are fans favourites at their current clubs, seems to me to be an excellent way of doing business. Yes the idea is to increase their value and possibly sell them on but that's life. We're not a big club and never will be. The fact is we're signing players who will give their all to improve their game, improve their career and fire us into Europe at the same time. We then make a profit and do it all again.

People say our players want to leave etc etc but to be honest I don't think we've had a squad like this for a long time. They seem really close and happy to play for Rovers. You can say what you like about them 'having to say this and that' but it seems to me they are excited about the season and the future of the club. The performances towards the end of the season were very promising, they showed togetherness, spirit and fight. The first half against Wolves was one of the best I've seen us play for ages and it was great to watch. The management team want to carry that into the new season and I don't believe for one minute they won't have another striker in place by the end of the month to finish off the chances. I think if people forget about fairy tales from stupid newspapers and stupid football manager games and realise people like Kean and the board are working very hard behind the scenes to get things done then we can all look forward to the season a bit more.

Let's trust our manager and owners to bring in the bodies we need, look at the fixtures, look forward to some good attractive football down at ewood and seeing some good young talent develop...because we have heaps of it...Let's get back to supporting the team and enjoying our football.

That is all :rover:

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The 'way to do it' is to bring in £20 million and spend £5million? That is the way The Trust did it towards the end and they were slaughtered.

So the transfer window closes on August 1st this year then? Or do they have another 4 weeks to sign players...

Get real

Just because a player costs £3m and not £30m doesn't mean he's not gonna do good for the team. You're just another football manager player who wants to show off big names to your mates. No?

Aye, the Football Manager generation, that's me :rolleyes:

In reality, if your best players are sold for big money and replaced by cheap options you will eventually fall down the table- we know this from The Trust era.

Alas, our new owners are reluctant to put in ANY of their own money. Kean has been sold a pup with the 'biggest budget we've seen'.

We have survived in this league by having management on and off the pitch that could work wonders on a poor budget. As this budget looks to continue (so much for us moving away from The Trust model), we are playing a game of brinkmanship again, this time with inexperience throughout the club.

Well it's been a turbulent few months for us Rovers fans. We've had problem after problem, loss after loss, disappointment after disappointment and now the whole football world seems to be laughing at us.

Every day you can find articles saying how bad we are, how bad our owners are and how we are going to finish bottom.

Why don't we stop for a minute, forget the hysteria and the fact most people want us to fail and ask ourselves...are Venky's doing things the right way? Have they learnt something?

I have to say that since the sacking of Sam and the January transfer madness they haven't done too much wrong. I know everyone expected money in the tens of millions and big names but most links have come from the press, not from Venky's. Most of what they have said in the last 2 months you can't really pick at. Things have started slowly in this market but we seem to be on the verge of signing at least 3 players. All three look exciting, young prospects to me. None of them costing over £3m. That is the way to do it in my opinion. Why spend an inflated fee on someone like Robbie Keane...that just puts pressure on him and pressure on the manager to play him. Signing young players...all of which are fans favourites at their current clubs, seems to me to be an excellent way of doing business. Yes the idea is to increase their value and possibly sell them on but that's life. We're not a big club and never will be. The fact is we're signing players who will give their all to improve their game, improve their career and fire us into Europe at the same time. We then make a profit and do it all again.

People say our players want to leave etc etc but to be honest I don't think we've had a squad like this for a long time. They seem really close and happy to play for Rovers. You can say what you like about them 'having to say this and that' but it seems to me they are excited about the season and the future of the club. The performances towards the end of the season were very promising, they showed togetherness, spirit and fight. The first half against Wolves was one of the best I've seen us play for ages and it was great to watch. The management team want to carry that into the new season and I don't believe for one minute they won't have another striker in place by the end of the month to finish off the chances. I think if people forget about fairy tales from stupid newspapers and stupid football manager games and realise people like Kean and the board are working very hard behind the scenes to get things done then we can all look forward to the season a bit more.

Let's trust our manager and owners to bring in the bodies we need, look at the fixtures, look forward to some good attractive football down at ewood and seeing some good young talent develop...because we have heaps of it...Let's get back to supporting the team and enjoying our football.

That is all :rover:

How much were you paid to write that load of tripe?

I feel it was a heartfelt message, slightly deluded, but heartfelt none the less.

We are still in trouble, no mistaking that, but I feel we may be just creasting the hill. Now what's over the hill is anyones guess, but I feel that there has been a change.

So the transfer window closes on August 1st this year then? Or do they have another 4 weeks to sign players...

Get real

Just because a player costs £3m and not £30m doesn't mean he's not gonna do good for the team. You're just another football manager player who wants to show off big names to your mates. No?

I always find this a really stupid comment.

What relevance does playing Football Manager have to somebody's transfer expectancies in real life?

I've been playing the FM games since I was a little boy. I'm 28 now and still have an occasional do on it - yet I'll be the last person asking for a Beckham, Ronaldino or even a Honda.

The right way to go, for me, is what they're apparently planning - buy young and hungry with a good chance of profit on resale.

The right way to go, for me, is what they're apparently planning - buy young and hungry with a good chance of profit on resale.

It's all down to whether they're good enough. Young and hungry is fine, but not if they're not able to play at the level required. I don't think a club can survive in one of the top leagues in Europe, by simply going for the young and hungry players. That has to be complemented with real quality - and that can cost a lot of money.

Ffs Al, you are a good poster. Whether you agree or not there was no need for that.

When decent sorts like you are posting stuff like that it's no wonder the forum has become so marginalised. It also explains why we see so little of the likes of Gumboots and Roversmum these days.

Eh? Gumboots and Roversmum were slagging off the owners as much as the next man (woman) last time I checked.

Dont think so. Every time I read them calling for moderation and common sense they were deluged with deranged replies from the usual suspects.

Havn't seen much of either recently.

It's all down to whether they're good enough. Young and hungry is fine, but not if they're not able to play at the level required. I don't think a club can survive in one of the top leagues in Europe, by simply going for the young and hungry players. That has to be complemented with real quality - and that can cost a lot of money.

We really do need a quality striker but I just can't get comfortable with the thought of Rovers paying a Maharaja's ransom on a single player. There's something very unpleasant about the way wages and fees have gone through the ceiling - I don't like to think of us helping to perpetuate this trend any more than we have to. Value for money is the way forward in my opinion...........forget the really silly money.

Not true, Roversmum was posting right up to he leaving for HK and gumboots was posting not so long ago also.

Earlier in the summer, they were both asking for patience but in recent weeks they had regretfully become much more downbeat.

Still, why two women would be offended by AI calling someones post 'tripe' is anyones guess.

Not true, Roversmum was posting right up to he leaving for HK and gumboots was posting not so long ago also.

Earlier in the summer, they were both asking for patience but in recent weeks they had regretfully become much more downbeat.

Still, why two women would be offended by AI calling someones post 'tripe' is anyones guess.

So they were asking for patience earlier in the summer? Pretty much as I said then.

I didn't say that either had been offended by Al but then you knew that anyway.

I am actually well placed to comment on this. Thenodrog, true to form, was particularly arrogant, rude and ignorant when replying to a Gumboots post. I should know, I was banned for a month for pointing out that he is a gobsh1te.

This thread is a little premature.

I've even just watched the Venkys ad (on YouTube) and can't yet say that I have any feelings of 'they might not be great owners but they're ours'.

They've a lot of bridges to rebuild as far as I'm concerned.

For them to be "our" Venky's, we have to be "their" fans.

The truth is the loyal fans of Blackburn Rovers have been treated with the utmost contempt and disdain by Venky's.

They are a totally busted flush and deserve the reaction they are getting.

They can think themselves lucky that they are only hearing chants for Jack Walker. If the Wolves match goes wrong, the chants will start being about them and they won't make pleasant hearing back in Pune.

I will continue to support the club and the players, as always, but as far as the owners and their puppet manager are concerned there is no way they will gain my support until they earn it. I find the Rao family and Kean as bad as one another for empty promises. Forget about Champions League dreams. Give the club a decade of Premier League football like the Trust and they will gain my respect and support.

I will continue to support the club and the players, as always, but as far as the owners and their puppet manager are concerned there is no way they will gain my support until they earn it. I find the Rao family and Kean as bad as one another for empty promises. Forget about Champions League dreams. Give the club a decade of Premier League football like the Trust and they will gain my respect and support.

Venkys will have to earn the tag our venkys. At the moment they have the tag 'our embarrassment'. The manager is currently in India - which holds up the signing of players. Having played in Hong Kong all the players need to get back to the UK and continue preparing for the new season. Yet we hear, we have players going to see venkys - which just disrupts preperation. Kean is only there so the players cannot say Kean should be sacked.

Venkys will have to earn the tag our venkys. At the moment they have the tag 'our embarrassment'. The manager is currently in India - which holds up the signing of players. Having played in Hong Kong all the players need to get back to the UK and continue preparing for the new season. Yet we hear, we have players going to see venkys - which just disrupts preperation. Kean is only there so the players cannot say Kean should be sacked.

wtf are they doing in India AGAIN? What a joke!

Archived