BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Our Rovers, Our Venky's....

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Get a life.

You don't know why they are there, so why is it a joke?

If they were visiting the Trust in the Channel Islands when they were owners would you have said that. Then again the Trust wanted rid so no invites would have been made.

With the very greatest respect, its bloody pre season, Not a Venkys party, this is a joke, we are at the moment the laughing stock of the league, how many clubs are on a holiday?

We are one and a bit weeks off the season, we need our players fit and ready for the season and they are driving flash boys cars and Kean is still supposedly telling our owner what he wants, I know what they both want and its not at Rovers!!

Get a life.

If they were visiting the Trust in the Channel Islands when they were owners would you have said that. Then again the Trust wanted rid so no invites would have been made.

What? Are you for real? They were in India less than 2 weeks ago, then they go HK. Any sane person, manager, supporter, owner, player or just about anyone that has the slightest inkling about football would realise that we need players that have come through a full and proper pre-season for fitness and teamwork. This trip, on top of everything else detracts further from our preparations!

And what's with the trust question? I don't give a toss about the trust, they can rot for all I care. However Jersey is not several thousand miles and a hard days travel away!

With the very greatest respect, its bloody pre season, Not a Venkys party, this is a joke, we are at the moment the laughing stock of the league, how many clubs are on a holiday?

We are one and a bit weeks off the season, we need our players fit and ready for the season and they are driving flash boys cars and Kean is still supposedly telling our owner what he wants, I know what they both want and its not at Rovers!!

Yep it's pre-season. I remember teams doing army assault courses etc and still being crap. It's no big deal, players have had a whole 8 weeks to lose any semblance of fitness. Not like they are having to get to know new players. :lol:

i think most football fans couldn't give a ###### about us.

The operative word is 'supposedly'. People talk as if they know, which of course they don't.

What? Are you for real? They were in India less than 2 weeks ago, then they go HK. Any sane person, manager, supporter, owner, player or just about anyone that has the slightest inkling about football would realise that we need players that have come through a full and proper pre-season for fitness and teamwork. This trip, on top of everything else detracts further from our preparations!

And what's with the trust question? I don't give a toss about the trust, they can rot for all I care. However Jersey is not several thousand miles and a hard days travel away!

Hard travel, oh dear I'm only in Business class: they are not driving back.

Typical hysterical over the top post.

Hard travel, oh dear I'm only in Business class: they are not driving back.

Typical hysterical over the top post.

Business class? Yeah its luxury! They got 5-a-side pitches, conference rooms, physio suites, weights room, hydrotherapy area, the lot! Plus the air is really fresh with the high-tech filtration systems - recycled via the respiratory systems of another few hundred travellers - no one ever picks up any illnesses on planes these days.

Another stop off in india is at least 2 more days out of the schedule. Extra flight time, 4 or 5 hours on the road between airport and Pune. Hanging around in airports. You really are a fool. With eyes and ears open but your brain switched off.

Business class? Yeah its luxury! They got 5-a-side pitches, conference rooms, physio suites, weights room, hydrotherapy area, the lot! Plus the air is really fresh with the high-tech filtration systems - recycled via the respiratory systems of another few hundred travellers - no one ever picks up any illnesses on planes these days.

Another stop off in india is at least 2 more days out of the schedule. Extra flight time, 4 or 5 hours on the road between airport and Pune. Hanging around in airports. You really are a fool. With eyes and ears open but your brain switched off.

Funnily enough you can run around in India and by the way pal I am not a fool and have probably got an IQ well above yours.

Plus, my dad's bigger than your dad and my brothers going to have you.

Jesus well and truly wept. :P

so roger are you in the 'venkys can do no wrong' camp?

Past deeds and misgivings aside, you have to be insane to think that what they're trying to do for the club NOW isn't a big step in the right direction. The players we're now not only looking to sign, but actually putting bids in and actively pursuing are very encouraging. The fact that they have now opened communication directly with the players, having dinner with them and getting them involved with their initiatives is massive.

They're showing a willingness to not only foster a relationship with the management team (such as Kean), but with the players as well. In the transfer market, they are trying to buy players for the future that can develop into great players here for the next few years, or otherwise be sold off at a good price. For the first time since they took over, they are showing signs that they understand what is required and are actively pursuing those goals, rather than making stupid decisions or coming out with contradictory statements.

The problem is, nothing has happened yet. The signings still haven't been made, and we're yet to see how we'll perform on the pitch throughout the season under Kean. However, it's foolish to ignore what they're trying to do and I sincerely hope they achieve what they're aiming for, as it can only be good for the club.

Well it's been a turbulent few months for us Rovers fans. We've had problem after problem, loss after loss, disappointment after disappointment and now the whole football world seems to be laughing at us.

Let's trust our manager and owners

Do I detect an inconsistency here?

Kelbo, i'm not out to defend anyone here, but maybe there is good reason for the lads selected to stay in India. Ray Wilkins was saying before the Villa match how Rovers may have begun pre-season a little too early and a few days break on returning from HK might be called for. If you looks at who is out there then maybe, and i stress maybe, its been very deliberate. MGP showed pics of him training all through the close season on his blog, Roberts has born the brunt of most of the striking responsibility during pre-season and Nelsen is injured. Maybe they aren't the worst lads to give an extended break to. If they have over cooked it a little, a few days rest might not be so bad.

However, should they have a longish haul flight home at the end of it? No. Should they be accompanied by someone other than Kean? Yes.

So its not ideal for sure. But perhaps there is the very slightest bit of method in the madness. I'd sooner they had given them extended days rest back home in blighty, But in the interest of public relations and putting a positive spin on the owners, it might have seemed a risk worth taking.

Funnily enough you can run around in India and by the way pal I am not a fool and have probably got an IQ well above yours.

Plus, my dad's bigger than your dad and my brothers going to have you.

Jesus well and truly wept. :P

Mr. IQ? Bigger Dad? LOL you fool

The biggest risk now is that the players have received direct promises from the flakiest of the four owners from what we can see.

This is the guy who told everybody that Rovers were the best run club in the PL and that he was going to back the existing management all the way.

If he has been as loose with his tongue personally to the senior players and does not deliver, we are going to be in horrendous trouble.

He can lie to the PL, to the Trust, to the old management, to Kean and to the fans and get away with it. Lie to the players and boy are you playing with fire.

The biggest risk now is that the players have received direct promises from the flakiest of the four owners from what we can see.

This is the guy who told everybody that Rovers were the best run club in the PL and that he was going to back the existing management all the way.

If he has been as loose with his tongue personally to the senior players and does not deliver, we are going to be in horrendous trouble.

He can lie to the PL, to the Trust, to the old management, to Kean and to the fans and get away with it. Lie to the players and boy are you playing with fire.

Couldn't agree more philipl.

Lie to the manager is fine, he takes the brunt, but lie directly to the players and you're in real trouble.

Yep it's pre-season. I remember teams doing army assault courses etc and still being crap. It's no big deal, players have had a whole 8 weeks to lose any semblance of fitness. Not like they are having to get to know new players. :lol:

i think most football fans couldn't give a ###### about us.

I don't think you give a ###### about us. Every one of your posts seems designed to belittle or insult people who are concerned for the club.

It's quite amusing how all the "happy clappy people" like Roger are actually very negative towards the other people who are just worried about their football club.

There are some genuinely positive people on this board like Imy and Gav and this isn't aimed at them (even though I disagree with them most of the time), but some people are just trying to wind people up. Any real fan would be concerned about the club with what's gone on. So as far as I'm concerned, you post rubbish like what is in your post saying "it's no big deal" and posting a LOL smiley about us not getting any new players in and you're no better than a Dingle. Because for some of us it is a big deal. If it isn't for you then you are in the wrong place.

That is unless you're a masochist, in which case I'm sure there are plenty on here who would gladly give you a kick you in the stones. Then everyone's happy.

That is unless you're a masochist, in which case I'm sure there are plenty on here who would gladly give you a kick you in the stones. Then everyone's happy.

Its far to early for laughing, but that line booth :lol:

That's lovely Miker, but putting any of their own money into the club is obviously not part of their plan.

Depends on what you mean by that. Was there ever any expectation that we had billionaire owners willing to splash cash on any big name that would come our way? That certainly wasn't my expectation and certainly not what I would want for this club.

With the the Fair Play rules coming into play now, what we need is owners who will run the club within its means and not overspend on players and wages the way Man City has, or the way Portsmouth did. The club needs to be self-sufficient and have enough revenue streams to support itself alongside modest investment from the owners. This is what I see the owners trying to do right now. Whether they will be successful in doing that, or even if they are actually doing it and not just bluffing, remains to be seen. The proof will be in the players we do or do not sign by the end of the window.

From what they have said recently, from what the players and manager have said recently and from the actions they've taken, I can see they are moving in the right direction. I am not taking into account the countless of rumours that have been popping up over the past couple of months. I am not taking into account the huge mistakes they have made in the past. I am just judging them on what is going on right now, and what is going on right now looks very promising.

We'll see what happens.

I haven't read everybody's opinion on here as I don't want my view to become tainted.

I enjoyed reading the first post on this thread - it makes such a difference from all the negativity that is attracted to the site at present.

I'm not sure I'm as yet 100% convinced by Venkys ownership, but I'm patient and tolerant enough to understand that there has been a phenomonal culture change at our club - a change that hasn't been managed very well.

This poor change management doesn't automatically mean that what will emerge at the other end of the change will be any worse (or better)than what went before - we need to be patient and wait and see what transpires.

I'm certainly in no position to change anything any how - what will be will be

BUT if the change process is proving bumpy then possibly we as a body of fans should be doing all we can to iron out some of the bumps, not exacerbate them? Again I reiterate we need tolerance and understanding.

Maybe a bit wishy washy for some but I believe in a positive mental attitude, look up and you'll see stars look down and all you'll see is dog turds...

.... I should know, I was banned for a month for pointing out that he is a gobsh1te.

I've said for some time that this board is missing a feature to inform us who is banned at any partucular time. If I'd known that I'd have opened a bottle of fizz and lit a huge cigar. Curses to admin for denying me the chance of a simple celebration. :P

btw Can I assume that you have been banned again for re offending? ^_^

I will continue to support the club and the players, as always, but as far as the owners and their puppet manager are concerned there is no way they will gain my support until they earn it. I find the Rao family and Kean as bad as one another for empty promises. Forget about Champions League dreams. Give the club a decade of Premier League football like the Trust and they will gain my respect and support.

Where is the boundary between an empty promise and a base lie?

Get a life.

Do you know why they were there? If you don't you are defending them a little too staunchly imo. What if they just wanted to decorate the guest list at a childs birthday bash or similar with a few Premier League players? Would you still support that as a valid reason?

Where is the boundary between an empty promise and a base lie?

Do you know why they were there? If you don't you are defending them a little too staunchly imo. What if they just wanted to decorate the guest list at a childs birthday bash or similar with a few Premier League players? Would you still support that as a valid reason?

Didn't say I did.

Speculation, what if, moan moan moan.

People over-react without being able to back it up with reason..so that's ok?

Proof roger?

I think you may be making Glenn regret his comments about you now.

You're mistaking me for someone who gives a damn.

Archived