BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Puppet or Puppeteer

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Venky's Board has given assurances to BRFCI that Venky's:

(a ) will commit funds on a consistent and systematic basis to future transfer and/or loan activity;

(B ) intends to continue to support the existing management team and staff, and that it is committed to

the future development of, and investment in, the Clubs academy and youth infrastructure;

(c ) will continue to support, promote and extend the Clubs local community and CSR activities (VH

and its subsidiaries have their own trust engaged in significant charitable work);

(d ) will seek to extend the Blackburn Rovers name and brand into India, the rest of south-east Asia

and beyond;

(e ) will seek to develop and improve commercial performance across sponsorship, the Club's kit deal

and general merchandising activity;

(f ) will seek to enhance the fan experience at Ewood Park itself on match days (and non match

days) and to maximise season ticket sales and any remaining match day ticket sales; and

(g ) intends to improve the Clubs media platforms (for example the Club's TV channel) and to

become more active in the social media space).

Commenting on the Offer, Anuradha J Desai, the Chairperson of Venky's, said:

We are very proud to be associated with Blackburn Rovers, a team with whom we share many values

and ambitions. Going forward we plan to focus on leveraging the global influence in establishing

Blackburn Rovers as a truly global brand. We will absolutely respect the Jack Walker legacy and will be

actively supporting the organisation to ensure that Blackburn Rovers remains one of the best run clubs

within the Premier League. We are particularly pleased that the deal has full support of the Walker

Trustees, the Chairman and the management team who will of course remain in place with our full

support."

Just so much meaningless hogwash which I suspect Anderson/Hubber coached the Rao family to sign so that they got their hands on a PL club. The Anderson/Hubber game was to get the Raos to put their capital at risk whilst they raked in the fees from wherever there was money to be made.

In many ways the hapless naive Raos are as much the dumb victims in all this as the Rovers supporters.

They have gone from a respected regional business to a global laughing stock but Rovers are still held hostage in this unfolding farce.

Hopefully, some of those wearing blue tinted glasses only will take note and start to realise just how grave things are at Ewood.

Exactly right, cue Hughesy coming in and saying "Sign Joey Barton and we'll be ok" :rolleyes:

If Links with kentaro/sem and the dark lord of UK footbal Jerome Anderson have been severed then the venkys should show some humility and admit serious mistakes have been made(honesty goes a long way in the uk), but if as it seems likely to me the rumoured separation from kentaro/anderson/sem is just a smokescreen and those agencies are still controling the club al be it more discretly then the FA need to do there job and step in.

That would help chaddy. Hopefully the boardroom changes are a sign changes are happening and they are now taking advice from within in the club.(would have been nice if they had done that from day one). The next weeks business is going to show where we are and if venkys are serious. The quality if signings and the following results will be the proof. But will that be too late? Fans just dont have genuine faith just blind hope.

That would help chaddy. Hopefully the boardroom changes are a sign changes are happening and they are now taking advice from within in the club.(would have been nice if they had done that from day one). The next weeks business is going to show where we are and if venkys are serious. The quality if signings and the following results will be the proof. But will that be too late? Fans just dont have genuine faith just blind hope.

This is just the tip of the iceberg, there is so much more that needs to comeout but I don't have deep enough pockets to fight any libel action if I posted what I know here.

Firstly well done Glen.

I have highlights the above as this is the part people truly need to understand and take on board with the comments and hints that have been posted on here. Glen's piece very clearly spells out the type of people Anderson was dealing with and their background, so what do people think we have ended up with? Perhaps he found someone different who knows, but then again the apple very rarely falls very far from the tree.

Venky's may very well have been lead up the garden path, but they reside now in the garden and it needs tending.

Guest TheArtistFormallyKnownAsJB

The Venky's Board has given assurances to BRFCI that Venky's:

(a ) will commit funds on a consistent and systematic basis to future transfer and/or loan activity;

(B ) intends to continue to support the existing management team and staff, and that it is committed to

the future development of, and investment in, the Club’s academy and youth infrastructure;

(c ) will continue to support, promote and extend the Club’s local community and CSR activities (VH

and its subsidiaries have their own trust engaged in significant charitable work);

(d ) will seek to extend the Blackburn Rovers name and brand into India, the rest of south-east Asia

and beyond;

(e ) will seek to develop and improve commercial performance across sponsorship, the Club's kit deal

and general merchandising activity;

(f ) will seek to enhance the fan experience at Ewood Park itself on match days (and non match

days) and to maximise season ticket sales and any remaining match day ticket sales; and

(g ) intends to improve the Club’s media platforms (for example the Club's TV channel) and to

become more active in the social media space).

This quite literally makes me feel sick.

I agree with you Glenn about hopefully the owners have got people in they trust in Paul Hunt and Venny Rao but they have damage the club's reputation since their takeover.

I honestly believe that the owners did not know what they were getting into at the start because of what certain people said to them about how to run the club and WHO NOT TO LISTEN TO!

The owners must NOW realise that Kean is not the manager we need at the club and to move us forward as a club and to attract very good proven players.

I will always support the club and the players but NOT Kean!

If we read the article and digest what it says it very clearly spells out that they didn't get in this to push Blackburn on, they got in this to make a quick buck. If I take Glen's opinion and then use it to analysis our situation what makes you think their motives have changed? So suddenly now they want to make us a success? Again using Glen's opinion, that's one hell of an about turn.

Obviously this is all based on opinion and may not be a true reflection of matters, but anyone with half a brain will realise why I write that.

I only get pounded by the know nothing, contribute nothing, hope upon frollicking fluffy day old chicks types of supporters- sorry to have embarassed you in your miasma imy.

You can make as many factually erroneous suggestions as bring contentment to your heart but comments about bottle are ridiculous.

Yes, as of today we are owned by Venky's and we are right royally done for. They never had any plans to manage Rovers as that was Kentaro's job and now they have a club they know nothing about, have stripped all the expertise from and most dangerously if you follow Glen's piece are looking to recoup the profit they thought they were going to make on a quick onwards sale.

Glen's piece makes the Kentro introduction of Bugshans and the preparation of a memorandum of sale by KPMG in May/June fall into place.

Phillip if you report what is happening as opposed to what you guess is happening you would not get flak- I can recall at least SIX incidents where your info has been so wrong it is embarrasing, the swastikagate being a prime example.

Bottle? Glen has plenty it takes a brave person to say what he has said and I applaud him, from I know you would never do it because you lack what he has.

If we read the article and digest what it says it very clearly spells out that they didn't get in this to push Blackburn on, they got in this to make a quick buck. If I take Glen's opinion and then use it to analysis our situation what makes you think their motives have changed? So suddenly now they want to make us a success? Again using Glen's opinion, that's one hell of an about turn.

Obviously this is all based on opinion and may not be a true reflection of matters, but anyone with half a brain will realise why I write that.

Majiball, I did not say the owners got push into it but I really don't think they had a clue what they were getting into and their friends told them what to say to get the Walker family to agree to sell them the club and what to say to the PL to get pass the FIT and PROPER OWNERS test!

Bottle? Glen has plenty it takes a brave person to say what he has said and I applaud him, from I know you would never do it because you lack what he has.

I imagine it's much more likely to be because we'd come down on him like a tonne of bricks (again) if he risked the site by posting sensitive stuff (again), than bottle.

As an aside, I am working on something unconnected to BRFCS that would allow people to post safely an anonymously without US needing to have a solicitor on speed-dial. Using similar tech to wikileaks (back when wikileaks allowed anyone to submit information).

The fact is Venkys had to be given the oppertuntiy to hang themselves.

95% of fans really will judge on transfers and result.

I'm at a point though where its going to be hard to want Kean to be a success, I really dislike him.

We might have to lose to win, otherwise he could be here a while.

Majiball, I did not say the owners got push into it but I really don't think they had a clue what they were getting into and their friends told them what to say to get the Walker family to agree to sell them the club and what to say to the PL to get pass the FIT and PROPER OWNERS test!

I never said they got pushed into it, I said that according to the opinion posted by Glen, they never got in this to push Rovers on. I even used your own words to help you understand the point I was making.

So someone spending the best part of 23 million pounds do so with no clue as to why they were doing it?

No ones disputing the guidance they had in the buying process, but they were obviously sold on an idea and if Glen's opinion is right then it wasn't to benefit Rovers it was to increase their own personal funds. Why on earth do you then think that they would jump to the opposite pole and now want to make us a successful club, which will at the end of the day require them to spend their own money on us. That is the exact opposite of the suggested original plan.

At this stage I will ask what our overall transfer spend is this summer, is not around -15 million or so?

I think this post hightlights the need for us to mobilise, increase the pressure on Venky and hold them accountable for the decisions they are making.

Aside from rants on this messageboard, the apathy of our fans means venkys have pretty much been given the remit to run wild on our club without being held accountable.

I urge the BRFCS Admin to lead the way in mobilising the fans, you are in a great position to make something happen.

So, What I can make of it in a shorter verse is that Venky's were told lies when they bought the club and they were only in this to make a short term packet hence the bad management of the club.

The way it seems to me is that they were under the impression they would have to make no footballing decisions themselves, all that would have been taken care of by Kentaro, JA and Huber, they only noticed when things started to go wrong and agents bills come in that the advice given was'nt in their best interest.

So my main question is this, there was a well doccumented fallout recently between the advisors and Venky's and are said to have parted company, why on earth would they leave a Kentaro main man and his sidekick also kentaro running the club on a day to day basis? Have they really parted company? Also if they have are they going to make long term plans and make the right decisions or are they going to sell us, because if they dont make decisions fast we will be gone by Christmas.

So, What I can make of it in a shorter verse is that Venky's were told lies when they bought the club and they were only in this to make a short term packet hence the bad management of the club.

The way it seems to me is that they were under the impression they would have to make no footballing decisions themselves, all that would have been taken care of by Kentaro, JA and Huber, they only noticed when things started to go wrong and agents bills come in that the advice given was'nt in their best interest.

So my main question is this, there was a well doccumented fallout recently between the advisors and Venky's and are said to have parted company, why on earth would they leave a Kentaro main man and his sidekick also kentaro running the club on a day to day basis? Have they really parted company? Also if they have are they going to make long term plans and make the right decisions or are they going to sell us, because if they dont make decisions fast we will be gone by Christmas.

This is purely opinion based on Glen's blog.

Venky's are obviously not the brightest tools in the garage, hence being taken in by Kentaro in the first place. SO perhaps they have been taken in by Kean as well, by his silver tongue, given they were lead up the garden path in the first place perhaps they also have by Kean. A man with good tongue could easily persuade people who are silly enough to spend circa 23 million on a club, to believe that his loyalty lies with them, first and foremost. He travels out to Pune as they desire and perhaps whilst their blows hot air up their derrières, as he does in his post match interviews. I think they could most likely believe he is loyal to them first and foremost, but then I consider Sam's comments about just how loyal Kean is and where they truly lie.

I suspect that you are a Venky's plant.

The only time you seem to be active is in defence of Venky's or Kean. You have made 22 posts in 10 months (after joining this site when Venky's bought ther club) yet seem to be constantly active posting a minus against anything remotely unfavourable to Venky's / Kean.

Do us all a favour and tell your masters that, IMO, they and Kean are generally despised for what they have done to our club and are regarded as complete morons. The best

thing they could do, IMO, is to sever their links with Rovers and feck-off asap.

Got to agree with you on this one, I have also noticed that negative postings towards venkys/kean often gets marked down -1.

Very good article from Glenn, you can see why he spends virtually every hr connected with BRFC.

Pretty much on the money with that write up, and strongly defending kean/venkys after reading that is suspicious to say the least

Got to agree with you on this one, I have also noticed that negative postings towards venkys/kean often gets marked down -1.

Very good article from Glenn, you can see why he spends virtually every hr connected with BRFC.

Pretty much on the money with that write up, and strongly defending kean/venkys after reading that is suspicious to say the least

Strongly defending Venkys is suspicious after that write up?

One truth which is irrefutable, Venkys are our owners and the chances of a wealthy Arab buying us is non existant.

So my optimistic side is telling me that purchasing a house and investing in the infrastructure are signs that they see their immediate future with the club, now if they invest before the window closes then those are small baby steps forward after monumental backward steps.

I honestly think it's too far gone. If they'd tried to purchase players in the summer rather than try to sell the club then we'd be OK. You can't re-structure the club (or at least, undertake major surgery) in the last week of the window. They don't seem to have the money anyways.

I can't believe how thick these guys are. By the time their kids inherit the family business they'll be down to their last chicken!

If Venky's were Lee Harvey Oswald, then Anderson and SEM were sat on the grassy knoll. Maybe Mr Mullan has just taken on the role of Jack Ruby.

Strongly defending Venkys is suspicious after that write up?

One truth which is irrefutable, Venkys are our owners and the chances of a wealthy Arab buying us is non existant.

So my optimistic side is telling me that purchasing a house

and investing in the infrastructure are signs that they see their immediate future with the club, now if they invest before the window closes then those are small baby steps forward after monumental backward steps.

Agreed that the chances of a man city type buyer or similar is highly unlikely.

I have stayed mainly positive for the majority of the last few months as the debacle has unfolded before our very eyes, but pessimism is starting to creep through.

In many ways the hapless naive Raos are as much the dumb victims in all this as the Rovers supporters.

They have gone from a respected regional business to a global laughing stock but Rovers are still held hostage in this unfolding farce.

A point that I have made previously. With BRFC being openly for sale for 3 or more years and with Rothschilds repeatedly coming up with a blank, Jerome Anderson and probably Phillipe Hubert too spotted an ideal opportunity to make quick money with little investment and they grabbed it with both hands.

No sensible investor would ever seek to buy a Prem League club cos Premier League football is just aa all consuming bonfire that burns whatever money is shovelled at it faster and faster and faster. It is an asylum being controlled by the inmates. There are many billionaires in this country who would have purchased BRFC if a decent financial return was possible but it's obviously not cos no queue formed did it? The obvious fact remains imo that if BRFC could make money the Walker Trust would never have considered selling it would they? 'An idiot with a death wish' Alan Sugar termed Jack Walker as he struggled to off load Spurs and head for the exit door. So many people still stupidly term money going into Prem football as an 'investment' when nothing could be further from the truth.

As it stands the Venkey mob were sold a pup and have now realised it to their undoubted cost. They have and never have had an affiliation with Blackburn, why would they? BRFC is most definitely not wire in their blood thats for sure. If I were in Mrs Raos shoes I would put it down to a bad experience and simply seek to recover as much of my original investment as I could possible before offloading the whole shabang walking away into the sunset to lick my wounds and curse the day when I ever met Jerome Anderson. My only consideration would be self preservation and the future wellbeing of BRFC would not even figure in my thinking. Afterall why on earth would it?

As for BRFC in the future? There isn't one is the worst case scenario. We can only live in the faint hope that a rich benefactor comes along and saves us from the future. Why one would do that I've really no idea but I do live in hope that there are one or two who might.

We're bottom of the league, that's where we are. With idiot owners and a lying, clueless, drink driver for a manager. Boardroom changes? What? To buy more time? Just give them until the end of the transfer window. Just until the end of the season, just until Christmas. Whatever... You had a first class Boardroom Venky's with experienced people who could have helped, which you decided to rip to pieces with your arrogance, stupidity and clearly your own agenda.

"Next weeks business" will prove nothing. "The next weeks business is going to show where we are and if venkys are serious." - 9 months in and you admit you don't know whether they are serious or not, yet you minus anyone who is critical of the chicken farmers! Are you for real?

Finally, again, is anyone still clinging to the prospect that Venky's actually give a damn about Blackburn Rovers?

If so on what basis? That they've bought G Neville's house? With Kalinic's money perhaps? And again if you want to talk commitment, why does the manager, on a two and a half year contract, still live in bloody Surrey? Will Venky's actually go to another game at Ewood? Please let us know when you are coming by the way.

I'll give you a fact. The sooner Kean and Venky's are out of our football club the better. They are a sick joke.

A point that I have made previously. With BRFC being openly for sale for 3 or more years and with Rothschilds repeatedly coming up with a blank, Jerome Anderson and probably Phillipe Hubert too spotted an ideal opportunity to make quick money with little investment and they grabbed it with both hands.

No sensible investor would ever seek to buy a Prem League club cos Premier League football is just aa all consuming bonfire that burns whatever money is shovelled at it faster and faster and faster. It is an asylum being controlled by the inmates. There are many billionaires in this country who would have purchased BRFC if a decent financial return was possible but it's obviously not cos no queue formed did it? The obvious fact remains imo that if BRFC could make money the Walker Trust would never have considered selling it would they? 'An idiot with a death wish' Alan Sugar termed Jack Walker as he struggled to off load Spurs and head for the exit door. So many people still stupidly term money going into Prem football as an 'investment' when nothing could be further from the truth.

As it stands the Venkey mob were sold a pup and have now realised it to their undoubted cost. They have and never have had an affiliation with Blackburn, why would they? BRFC is most definitely not wire in their blood thats for sure. If I were in Mrs Raos shoes I would put it down to a bad experience and simply seek to recover as much of my original investment as I could possible before offloading the whole shabang walking away into the sunset to lick my wounds and curse the day when I ever met Jerome Anderson. My only consideration would be self preservation and the future wellbeing of BRFC would not even figure in my thinking. Afterall why on earth would it?

As for BRFC in the future? There isn't one is the worst case scenario. We can only live in the faint hope that a rich benefactor comes along and saves us from the future. Why one would do that I've really no idea but I do live in hope that there are one or two who might.

Its difficult to argue with any of this now.

Archived