BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Puppet or Puppeteer

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Vinjay at his best:

"On investigating his serious fraud activites his partner in crime was revealed as Ashish Gupta, Could this individual possibly be related to the Gupta currently on the board of Blackburn's Directors?"

That's a ludicrous statement. I'm sure Gupta is a very common name in India. A lot of the fans were fooled by Syed too (including me) until the BBC exposed him.

"As for Anderson bringing forward unethical buyers isn't that the fault of the Walkers for appointing him. They also used Philipl from the BRFCS site supposedly (what credentials did he have to be involved in such a major responsibility) no wonder he constantly talked how how supposedly wonderful they were. If you bring up legitimate points about venkys why not the walkers too?"

I'm sure Philip would like to answer that one.

Gosh, is being mentioned by Vinjay my 15 minutes of fame?

As its Vinjay writing it, 99% of BRFCS readers will know it is completely nuts irrespective of whether he is saying I was used by Anderson or the Walkers.

For the record I have never done any work for, been retained by or received so much as 1p from the Walker Trust, any of its interests (including Blackburn Rovers) or the Walker family.

I have as far as possible done things in the interests of the Rovers including match sponsorships when the club was owned by the Trust.

On serious matters being raised in this thread- there are many people currently involved with Rovers who need some sort of cover for the ludicrous decisions to force JW and TF out. Running a football club is not a job for a moral absolutist but I totally discount the crap that is being circulated with dark hints about deals JW did.

Anyone who has met or talked with JW will find this stuff to be literally incredible and everyone else will know him by his reputation which is the highest you can find in football.

Finally, I thought Paul Agnew had a role involved in COMMUNICATIONS for the club although I accept anyone with that title in the corporate world spends 95% of their time mis-communicating or avoiding communicating.

Gosh, is being mentioned by Vinjay my 15 minutes of fame?

As its Vinjay writing it, I kinow 99% of BRFCS readers will know it is completely nuts irrespective of whether he is saying I was used by Anderson or the Walkers.

The man needs help, seriously, his 5 year crusade in tatters.

Since when was calling someone "an arse" not an insult.

I know when you're losing an argument because you try to call a halt to proceedings.

By BRFCS standards thats not an insult, but if you feel insulted then I'm very sorry indeed bryan.

The side show is detracting from a good thread also bryan, which is the reason for not arguing, a point more people should take note of, it would certainly make this site more bearable.

Oh yes, I’ve never lost an argument on here ever :P

Gav you might as well change your name to Quisling from here on in.

Are you calling me a facist gordon :lol::lol:

Not really GAV, the debate includes you and if you are making points posters think are 'bunkum', they'll tell you.

Point missed by country mile ;)

I thought i'd give a quick update, The coverage of the article has now hit over 11000 hits which can only be good for all of us, if it gets the message to Venkys that its fans are United,

I have read some post that people where struggling to leave comments on the blog, I don't know why this is as others have posted comments no problem, However some that could not leave a comment have been sending me emails, and i have spent the last few hours responding to every single one of them. However one of the emails I recieved was very interesting and came from India and I felt it was such a good email that I hae posted it here for you to all have a look at

Dear Glen,

I am an Indian based in Singapore. I was born in a cricket crazy set-up and followed it passionately for quite a while, till 8 years ago to be precise. What happened you would ask, I started following football and fell in love and have almost completely stopped watching cricket ever since.So what ever I know about football is all based on my 8 year old love,passion and acquired knowledge about game which would never match up to the level people like you have.

Sorry about taking time to talk about myself, I thought it is better to a give a background about me before I dive into the main topic of discussion.

I started following Blackburn related information since Venkys acquired i almost a year ago. Being Indian, we do follow what our felow folk do around the world especially when it comes to sport as we are no very well know for it and there are very few of them we can follow. It has mainly been Vijay Mallaya(Force India F1) for over 5 years, Sports personalities such as Sania mirza, Paes etc.Venkys with Blackburn rovers was a welcome addition especially as it was football.

Like most of the blackburn fans, I also expected quite a bit from venkys since they acquired the club. They are a home grown business and I thought they would probably understand Jack Walker's legacy and passion for the club but alas as of today that is not to be seen. I am also a very upset man today. India has lot of issues be it our government or how a lot of things work is our country. It is no great but our the business community in India has be doing some wonderful work over the last 2 decades, showing some great of professionalism,passion and organisational structure. I expect that from Venkys dealing of Blackburn rovers - Professionalism with passion. I understand football business is a different cup of tea compared to normal businesses but I believed they could do a fine job of it.

I started reading your blog and VF's posts since this transfer windows. Not just your but also Tombo and Mikey(he also has a post on BRFC on IFN(Indian football network site)). I have to say I was completely overwhelmed the level of passion and love you carry for your club. It is absolutely amazing to see the level of commitment from you guys.You have spent sleepless nights(that zombie quote was funny) and 7 hours on that recent article.

The club, its players and other fans should be so happy to have such great fans such as you.

The present state is bad to say the least. I agree with you that Sam's sacking was not warranted for. The boring football part used as a main reason for sacking is a bit too hard to digest and your recent article highlights that part quite well.

So what can be done now or to put to correct how can I help. What I can do is to get a lot of my friends and their friends to sent our mails to venkys about the current question and demand answers. I believe a large group makes a lot of difference and I think we can achieve that. The main thing would be a get a common email reply to be framed so that they can keep forwarding it to people and ask them to email to the venkys. he other is to get the right contact email IDs of Venkys(one is to use their official website email ID and if you have vinnie's email ID we could use that too). If you could help with he email to be sent out it would be great.

Another outlet is to contact Arunava Chaudhuri , he is an expert on India football based in germany and is a very nice guy. We could try and get in touch to see if he can probably write an article about this . His articles are followed by a lot of people and he is well respected. He is active on Sports keeda.

I will also try to find out to see if any sports journalist would be keen to get out a very strong article on national news media about this situation so that venkys wake up.

I hope I didn't trouble you.

I don't know if I can be of much help but after reading your articles and posts, I really felt I need to contact you and let you know what I felt even though it is 1 am in morning right now here in singapore :)

Thanks for your time.

Jithu Varghese

What a fantastic heartfelt decent email.

You mean they are allowing the CLUB to spend some of the money it is bringing in and not taking it ALL for themselves?

Well arent we spoilt.

Bit of a difficult concept for Gav this one.Gav-------the owners havn't spent ANY money on transfers because they recived 16.5M for P Jones and 6m for Kalinic.On the salary front, Kean tells us 11 players have left so we've saved there. Do you get it?

An insult won't cover your ineptness by the way.

Not really GAV, the debate includes you and if you are making points posters think are 'bunkum', they'll tell you.

You're wasting your time, he'll carry on avoiding the points put to him and try to deflect attention onto something else, and then wrap it all up with saying "let's get back on topic". If the guy can't even admit that calling someone an arse is an insult, actually getting him to admit there's holes in his argument is like trying to nail jelly to the wall.

This all started with him saying we'd "probably" spent £5m, and he "thought" we were going to spend another £7m this week, also that wages would be paid for (but no admittance that it would likely be out of wage savings). Also that the fact the Phil Jones money was used to pay off the additional mortgage is "just the way it is" (whatever that means). All this was wrapped up with a statement to say he was dealing in facts and wasn't defending Venky's.

I just tried to point out that they weren't really facts at all, and for my troubles got called an arse and didn't really receive anything by way of an explanation to my points.

If that's winning an argument then I'm a monkey's uncle.

By the way, look up what a quisling is while you're here.

You're wasting your time, he'll carry on avoiding the points put to him and try to deflect attention onto something else, and then wrap it all up with saying "let's get back on topic". If the guy can't even admit that calling someone an arse is an insult, actually getting him to admit there's holes in his argument is like trying to nail jelly to the wall.

This all started with him saying we'd "probably" spent £5m, and he "thought" we were going to spend another £7m this week, also that wages would be paid for (but no admittance that it would likely be out of wage savings). Also that the fact the Phil Jones money was used to pay off the additional mortgage is "just the way it is" (whatever that means). All this was wrapped up with a statement to say he was dealing in facts and wasn't defending Venky's.

I just tried to point out that they weren't really facts at all, and for my troubles got called an arse and didn't really receive anything by way of an explanation to my points.

If that's winning an argument then I'm a monkey's uncle.

By the way, look up what a quisling is while you're here.

You’re playing the victim wonderfully well bryan, your fan club must be pleased.

I’ll not be feeding you anymore though.

Bit of a difficult concept for Gav this one.Gav-------the owners havn't spent ANY money on transfers because they recived 16.5M for P Jones and 6m for Kalinic.On the salary front, Kean tells us 11 players have left so we've saved there. Do you get it?

Try this for a concept:

The club recoups 16.5m for jones and 6m for kailinic, nobody disputed that.

We then SPEND 2.5m on Petrovic, we then SPEND 2.5m on Goodwillie, and were SPENDING 2m on Vukcevic and possibly 2m on George John.

So by my sums thats 9m on out goings, I thought the Vukcevic deal was more, but frankly Venkys could have put this 9m in their back pockets also, and we couldnt have done a thing about it. Kean could have been stuck with free transfers alone, that was my point 47er, not that difficult to understand is it?

Try this for a concept:

The club recoups 16.5m for jones and 6m for kailinic, nobody disputed that.

We then SPEND 2.5m on Petrovic, we then SPEND 2.5m on Goodwillie, and we’re SPENDING 2m on Vukcevic and possibly 2m on George John.

So by my sums that’s 9m on out goings, I though the Vukcevic was more, but frankly Venkys could have put this 9m in their back pockets and we couldn’t have done a thing about it. Kean could have been stuck with free transfers alone, that was my point 47er.

Dont forget the investment in the backroom staff. Sports Director as well as another soon to be named high ranking official.

That shows some sense- at last. They could choose to do NOTHING.

The entire sum of Jones gone to the bank so anything over £6 million is from them is it not? Yes they may have blown £18 million to begin with... like I said baby steps...

Dont forget the investment in the backroom staff. Sports Director as well as another soon to be named high ranking official.

That shows some sense- at last. They could choose to do NOTHING.

The entire sum of Jones gone to the bank so anything over £6 million is from them is it not? Yes they may have blown £18 million to begin with... like I said baby steps...

For Baby owners

dont also forget, the loss of Tom Finn, John Williams, Sam Allardyce, Neil McDonald, none of those were replaced,

I do presume they were all being paid, so we havent yet replaced what we have lost and to complicate matters in accordance with the theme of this thread, we are managed by a puppet.

My cousin used to live close to Brian Conley and knows him quite well, wonder if I should ask him to come and do a show before the game, point to Kean and use his catchphrase, 'Its a Puppet'

I miss John Williams. I could send him an email, and I would get a reply back. He would either try to explain things honestly and openly, or put my fears to bed. It was such a good feeling, when you got a reply saying that they will do their best to keep the club going, despite no financial backing.

With these chicken tits in charge, you get no replies or you get blatant lies. How do you expect to gain the respect of the fans, when you show no love for the fans and their thoughts. They are so distant from the fans, its really a shame that they should call themselves true owners of the club. In fact, in my eyes they are not the owners of the club, and ill pretend we have no owners and we are just trying to maintain the little we have at the moment.

This cannot continue, and there needs to be some sort of revolt, and the fans will need to take back the club, or at least make the owners sit up and take note. I'm too far away, but those close by, they need to stand united and protest for the sake of the club and its very existence. The club needs your support more than ever, because if we just sit back, then I'm afraid we only have ourselves to blame. We can do something about it, but again the unity needs to be there, whether you are young or old, boy or girl, in a wheelchair etc, we got to start showing a bit more by opening our mouths and protecting the future of BRFC.

You have been one of the biggest apologists for Venky's and Kean since they took over and have continued to justify the indefensible sacking of the previous manager - even when the evidence to the contrary has been staring you in the face. Time and again you have been proved wrong so I'd be very careful about throwing out insults when it's very clear you haven't a clue what you're talking about.

Tell you what Gav old friend,its fookin hard to disagree with Jim's post...we know where you live too!

:P

Big Balls Mullan!

Glad you went through with it! Personally, I hope they dont act in the next few days so the rest of the information can come out.

At the end of the day, the ONLY important thing that needs to come out of this is that there is a Blackburn Rovers FC, hopefully still in the professional league set up.

NUGGET OUT....MULLAN IN! LOL

Somewhat ironic that Salgado, by far our worst performer so far, is giving the rallying cry.

I think Salgado has the title of Big Fat Sam's Worst Signing all to himself.

To be fair to Salgado-and I'm not one of his biggest fans-he was saying something similar last season.

Certainly in the Independent on the Saturday before the Wolves game, the journalist made a really valid point about the contrast between the Spaniard who was talking a lot of sense,similar to the article above and the "delusional" Kean.

Somewhat ironic that Salgado, by far our worst performer so far, is giving the rallying cry.

I think Salgado has the title of Big Fat Sam's Worst Signing all to himself.

Bonkers. Was one of our better players last year and it's the crazy midfield Kean is putting out that's making his job a lot more difficult this year.

Not sure whether posted elsewhere but Henry Winter in this morning's DTel seems to be heavily influenced by glen's blog

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/blackburn-rovers/8716982/Henry-Winter-Venkys-falling-short-at-Blackburn-Rovers-compared-to-high-standards-set-by-Jack-Walker.html

....it's all in the Kean Out thread....!

Tell you what Gav old friend,its fookin hard to disagree with Jim's post...we know where you live too!

:P

I make no apologies for backing Kean and Venkys SG, clearly I was wrong on Kean and I’m big enough and ugly enough to admit that, I could be wrong on venkys also, time will tell pal.

Archived