BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Puppet or Puppeteer

http://t.co/D88E5t4

The article above has appeared on Rovers Revisted blog. The blog us run by brfcs member Glen Mullen.

Hats off to him, very brave that he has comeout with this, he is very well connected at the club. I totally agree with what he is saying, the club is being run like a joke, Venky's have tried to re-organise the club recently but within football we are a laughing stock. This is just the tip of the iceberg, there is so much more that needs to comeout but I don't have deep enough pockets to fight any libel action if I posted what I know here.

Well done Glen.

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Glen, excellent article.

Kamy or Glen- have the new backroom additions not made any difference yet to the running of the club? Just trying to find some hope in the darkness engulfing us.

Not really, Yes we are spending money, but as an effective organisation, we are a joke.

Good article Glenn.

It really frustrates me in that if they wanted to get publicity - why not sponsor a stand or the shirt. Instead they have listened to someone about the benefits of buying a club.

Sounds like until they sell the club we are stuck with kean.

Glen, excellent article.

Kamy or Glen- have the new backroom additions not made any difference yet to the running of the club? Just trying to find some hope in the darkness engulfing us.

I know you were addressing Glen (one n) not me, but I have great hope for Paul Hunt. I still Venky's have now turned a corner, realised the size of the task ahead of them and are now learning who to trust and who not to. Plus hopefully having Venny as their man-on-the-front-line will give them a more trusted line of feedback. It's just a shame about the damage done to get to this point.

However, the fans made such a fuss over how quickly they got rid of Sam, that it's not surprising they are being more cautious over replacing Kean.

Glen,

This is a great article, I believe, that whilst Glen was careful in saying these were his opinions etc. I am sure that a good 90% at least is the truth.

The article is written with feeling and affection to our football club, perhaps someone would let me know how I can comment on the article as I couildnt find an area to do just that, I urge every true Rovers fan to comment as if this is read in Pune, it gives us a real opportunity to express our views.

For all on here who have given Philip and others a pounding, it is becoming increasingly obvious he was correct in his assessment of things at Rovers.

After reading this article, all of you supporters who have been very much pro Venkys/Kean, I urge you to read and digest in full the articles contents.

I applaud you Glen for the obvious time it has taken you to research, write and edit what I believe to be the closest thing to the truth we are likely to get until both our owners and Kean disappear.

Brave to collate all of what have already been made aware of as press cuttings, quotes, rumours and chat from this site and others, and stick your name on it, yet still the need for the disclaimer right at the bottom of the piece that it's only an opinion.

Also is this the 'announcement'? Seems more like further questions posed?

It also reads like we shouldn't expect Venkys to stick around very long, or they are still wondering what to do now that they are saddled with the club longer than they expected.

The only potential here us that perhaps this will tempt other ITKs to post what they know (below the waterline) but I doubt it.

If Links with kentaro/sem and the dark lord of UK footbal Jerome Anderson have been severed then the venkys should show some humility and admit serious mistakes have been made(honesty goes a long way in the uk), but if as it seems likely to me the rumoured separation from kentaro/anderson/sem is just a smokescreen and those agencies are still controling the club al be it more discretly then the FA need to do there job and step in.

Glen,

This is a great article, I believe, that whilst Glen was careful in saying these were his opinions etc. I am sure that a good 90% at least is the truth.

The article is written with feeling and affection to our football club, perhaps someone would let me know how I can comment on the article as I couildnt find an area to do just that, I urge every true Rovers fan to comment as if this is read in Pune, it gives us a real opportunity to express our views.

For all on here who have given Philip and others a pounding, it is becoming increasingly obvious he was correct in his assessment of things at Rovers.

After reading this article, all of you supporters who have been very much pro Venkys/Kean, I urge you to read and digest in full the articles contents.

I applaud you Glen for the obvious time it has taken you to research, write and edit what I believe to be the closest thing to the truth we are likely to get until both our owners and Kean disappear.

Kelbo Glen has shown that he has the bottle to say it how it is and make a stand.

Phillip gets pounded because he neither has the bottle to do what Glen did (i would suggest he does not have the info to) and his stories 90% are frankly embarrasing.

Taken stock of what's been said now assuming we will still be owned by Venkys how do we move forward?

That article has no FACTS. Glen has proven through this window that he has only revealed names of players on vital after mentioned on here...now thats a fact check the history

I'll have a bit of what you have been smoking or drinking, you really think, someone with no knowledge of football, sacks an experienced manager doing a decent job at Rovers and appoints someone who is a 'good manager' who 'works long hours' is a 'great thinker' How would the Rao family know this? That is fact.

Venkys have sacked Kentaro. again fact.

Rovers signed a player descibed by Kean as the next 'Chris Smalling' who had just a 5 minute Cameo for a poor Aberdeen team in his whole professional career, surely it couldnt possibly be because he was Andersons son? no never, but again fact.

When choosing an assistant manager, it wasnt just coincidence he again was a Kentaro client, yet there were many more qualified coaches available within the british game, again thats fact.

I am urging you to read the article again for if you truly believe that the article have no facts, I cannot help you, just keep smoking or drinking what you are and everything will be fine!!

Edit, I did not mention the financial side, or was it just a rumour Barclays recalled the £18,000,000 loan, again a fact which can be verified by companies house!!

No. Maybe it was ab over reaction at the over reaction to are owners. which somw people seem to have genuine hatred for them since day one. when they have been badly advised.

I do agree the steve situation is just awful I cant believe im holding hope that he might have a plan and will develop great tactics as I just cant see him being sacked.

Interesting read.....HOWEVER it just points to dodgy agents that invited them to the table, which everyone knew about, clearly they were advising on players and management staff - we potted them. Since them we have appointed a few new guys who are in the football circle and things seem to be slowly improving at those sort of levels.

The damage was done last season and early summer, until we have got rid of the agents.

As for quick sale of the club - buying a house near buy once again doesnt sugges that. Perhaps that was the original idea - but I dont believe it to be the current plan.

Kelbo Glen has shown that he has the bottle to say it how it is and make a stand.

Phillip gets pounded because he neither has the bottle to do what Glen did (i would suggest he does not have the info to) and his stories 90% are frankly embarrasing.

Taken stock of what's been said now assuming we will still be owned by Venkys how do we move forward?

I only get pounded by the know nothing, contribute nothing, hope upon frollicking fluffy day old chicks types of supporters- sorry to have embarassed you in your miasma imy.

You can make as many factually erroneous suggestions as bring contentment to your heart but comments about bottle are ridiculous.

Yes, as of today we are owned by Venky's and we are right royally done for. They never had any plans to manage Rovers as that was Kentaro's job and now they have a club they know nothing about, have stripped all the expertise from and most dangerously if you follow Glen's piece are looking to recoup the profit they thought they were going to make on a quick onwards sale.

Glen's piece makes the Kentro introduction of Bugshans and the preparation of a memorandum of sale by KPMG in May/June fall into place.

I know you were addressing Glen (one n) not me, but I have great hope for Paul Hunt. I still Venky's have now turned a corner, realised the size of the task ahead of them and are now learning who to trust and who not to. Plus hopefully having Venny as their man-on-the-front-line will give them a more trusted line of feedback. It's just a shame about the damage done to get to this point.

However, the fans made such a fuss over how quickly they got rid of Sam, that it's not surprising they are being more cautious over replacing Kean.

I agree with you Glenn about hopefully the owners have got people in they trust in Paul Hunt and Venny Rao but they have damage the club's reputation since their takeover.

I honestly believe that the owners did not know what they were getting into at the start because of what certain people said to them about how to run the club and WHO NOT TO LISTEN TO!

The owners must NOW realise that Kean is not the manager we need at the club and to move us forward as a club and to attract very good proven players.

I will always support the club and the players but NOT Kean!

Excellent stuff.

Hopefully, some of those wearing blue tinted glasses only will take note and start to realise just how grave things are at Ewood.

I stand by what I said yesterday, if something dramatic does not happen soon, I dread to think what 2012 holds for us.

Rovers fans - frustrated and confused. I think what someone said before it would help if venkys came across more human and more honest. The only thing they have been clear with is backing kean till its probably too late.

If the owners just admit their mistakes and sacking Kean then I would have alot more respect for them and so would many more fans!

We all make mistakes in life and we just got to move on after making them and learn from them.

That article has no FACTS. Glen has proven through this window that he has only revealed names of players on vital after mentioned on here...now thats a fact check the history

I suspect that you are a Venky's plant.

The only time you seem to be active is in defence of Venky's or Kean. You have made 22 posts in 10 months (after joining this site when Venky's bought the club) yet seem to be constantly active posting a minus against anything remotely unfavourable to Venky's / Kean.

Do us all a favour and tell your masters that, IMO, they and Kean are generally despised for what they have done to our club and are regarded as complete morons. The best thing they could do, IMO, is to sever their links with Rovers and feck-off asap.

Archived