BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Jason Roberts will he keep playing?

chris

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jason Roberts is a disgrace,

He spends too much time moaning at fellow players and officials

Spends all his time with his feet flat on the floor and never jumps

Spends most of his time behind the defender and when he does get in front of them he just sticks his arse in their chest and gives away a free kick

Jason Roberts is a disgrace,

Pathetic comment.

The guy gives 110% every game, he may not be good enough, but he bleeds Blue N White, and if the manager keeps picking him he’ll try and do a job.

Have some respect.

Pathetic comment.

The guy gives 110% every game, he may not be good enough, but he bleeds Blue N White, and if the manager keeps picking him he’ll try and do a job.

Have some respect.

I think he's right. I don't think Roberts is good enough but a disgrace? Get some perspective.

I think he's right. I don't think Roberts is good enough but a disgrace? Get some perspective.

J Rob must be on £30k+ a week and serving up league 2 performances so he's fair game for all insults, Barry Hayles plays for Truro City for £800 a game and it is very hard to see why J Rob does'nt earn the same.

Pathetic comment.

Have some respect.

Maybe a litte harsh, just frustrated

but

did you seem him today, about 25 mins in having a go at Olsson because a pass didn't go straight to his foot? He moaned for about 3 mins after, just get on with the game Jason and do something useful.

Also bleads blue and white? get away, he only "bleads blue and white" because we pay his wages each week, don't kid yourself he actually cares about the club.

And 110%? Get out of town, players like Colin Hendry, Matt Jansen, Alan Shearer gave 110%, roberts is nowhere near that

Sorry where all allowed our opinions and they are mine on Roberts

He's been carried in this squad for far too long now and today was the last straw. He used to be a useful squad player, impact sub even, but now he's just embarrassing to watch

J Rob must be on £30k+ a week and serving up league 2 performances so he's fair game for all insults, Barry Hayles plays for Truro City for £800 a game and it is very hard to see why J Rob does'nt earn the same.

Spot on.

Same with Clinton Morrison who scored against us the other night, these players must look at Roberts and think, "were did i go wrong and were did he go right"

Why does criticism of a player always have to involve personal, vindictive abuse? At best its childish, at worst it really is pathetic. Its not often I agree with GAV on something but he's bang on, you wouldn't think the guy had played for us for 5 years the way people in this thread talk about him like he's something they've stepped in.

I don't think he's a particularly good player but leaving school playground insults out of it:

Who else have we currently got who can effectively do the job Roberts is asked to do? Goodwillie, Rochina, Formica, all small quickish players who are best suited playing behind a target man. If any of those replace Roberts in leading the line then we'll no longer have an "out ball" when under pressure and will have nobody to rought up defenders and create space for the second striker playing behind them. Roberts gets a heck of a lot of stick for the obvious things in football and no credit for the non-obvious things, which I'm not saying he's great at either, but through sheer physique alone can do them a lot better than anyone else currently at the club.

Get rid of Roberts before getting an adequate replacement and we'll end up like Arsenal. A midget attacking side who can't get on the end of crosses, can't mix play up with balls over the top and can't clear their lines to someone who can challenge centre halves in the air. The difference being that unlike Arsenal we can't pass the ball endlessly around the midfield waiting to slip someone in without losing it. It should be obvious why teams like Rovers need at least 1 big striker in their squad, everyone else in the league has one because they do a specific, important job. Few of them are prolific either, Heskey, Davies, Jones, Holt, Zamora, none regularly manage 10 goals a season.

• Backroom

Get rid of Roberts before getting an adequate replacement

How long we would need to search for an adequete replacement of a striker that not only doesn't score but doesn't create any assists either? Honestly, Goodwillie or Rochina could not do any worse.

I've never gotten personal with J-Rob - I just don't think he should be starting for a Premier League team, simple as that.

Why does criticism of a player always have to involve personal, vindictive abuse? At best its childish, at worst it really is pathetic. Its not often I agree with GAV on something but he's bang on, you wouldn't think the guy had played for us for 5 years the way people in this thread talk about him like he's something they've stepped in.

The reason is quite simple - JR has aligned himself completely with Kean and Venkys. He is now seen as their representative on the pitch and in the media. It is obvious that in that situation he is going to receive a lot of flak if things aren't going swimmingly. I'm sure he wouldn't be brushing off the reflected glory of a (very) hypothetical top-of-the-league situation. I used to respect JR as a proper professional but he is really just a self-serving brown-noser and it really is a stinking mess! Sad but true. Hope he wakes up soon.

Pathetic comment.

Have some respect.

:lol::lol::lol:

:lol:

Firstly, some of the personal insults are too strong. I don't think Jason Roberts the human being is deserving of the trash talk to be honest.

Jason Roberts the footballer is a different matter. I used to complain that he didn't play to his strengths...namely his strength. He used to have a firm belief that he could play off the shoulder of the last defender. Well we all knew that was not the case. Once in the clear and given more than half a second to consider his finish he is implodes and sportingly side foots the ball to the opposing keeper. Charitable like. I used to think if he could shake this delusion he might prove useful as a kind of target man......i was wrong.

He occasionally manages to get his lumbering frame inbetween the ball and the center half. Even more occasionally he manages to bring the ball under control at the 6th or 7th attempt (the footballing equivalent of apple bobbing). Unbelievably occasionally he then manages to play in one of our other players who may or may not get a shot off. However, this has become such a rare occurence that the entire exercise has become pointless. Maybe he has got the odd goal in him where he makes a lung busting run THROUGH any opposition defenders and shins one in ala Newcastle last year or Bolton way back when (OK i guess shinning is a bit harsh). But on the whole he is finished at the top level. Unless he suddenly develops the ability to jump and head the ball, he cannot be considered an effective target man.

He does seem to be sitting pretty with Kean and our owners, but how long can it last? If they have shelled out on Goodie and perhaps Ibisevic, they surely won't suffer the incapable Roberts ruining many more garden parties back home in Pune.

It is a crying shame Roberts wasn't moved on last summer really. But i have to applaud him for one thing, he is a great example of how far you can go i life with a bit of good old grafting.

No, he's fair game for critique and comments about his performance and the effort he puts in. He's not fair game for insults at all

If JR features in the away game at Fulham can he still get to his main Radio job on time? It's another worry for Mr. K. and a test of his management skills.

Why would it be a worry for Kean? Roberts is like a PR machine for him and has a national radio station to do it on. Outside of Rovers fans people listening must think all is well at Ewood and we are just a moaning bunch.

Is this the same Roberts who couldn't get a squad number under Allardyce? Now he is the unofficial spokesman, another totally surreal situation for us.

He's fair game for insults (because he's a brown noser, who has cynically latched onto Kean in order to prolong his sad excuse for a premier league career) and for criticism of his game (because he's pony)

I wish he'd get off the radio and concentrate on acquiring a first touch or the ability to shoot because he's dragging the club through the mud with his endless excuses for Kean.

He's the turd that won't flush. He was never good enough to start but he always managed to get games. Three years ago he looked on his way out and he got a new contract (under Ince, I think) and this year, just as we thought he might finally be about to **** off, he got a new contract.

Last week he was talking about how if we had scored the first two goals it would have been a different game. Well Jason, if you could control a ball, pass and shoot, you would be a half decent player but your not.

It seems him and Kean love the bullshit vibe but I, for one, have had enough.

As I said yesterday, I went to Ewood for the first time in years.I've know that Roberts wasn't the best striker we've ever had, But to see him first hand was shocking.What the hell does he do/know that keeps him getting started?

He's chums with Balaji White.

Archived