BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Steve Kean Thread (Poll reset after Stoke game)

Glenn

958 members have voted

1. 1. Should Steve Kean be sacked

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Its my opinion that Kean is in on this with the Roa's and SEM/Kentaro..there is simply more to all this than just football.This situation has been carefully crafted and manipulated,the club appears to be in the process of being 'dumbed down' on ALL levels.Like most,I have my fears as to the motives.....

It simply does not feel right and has not from day one,the truth will out very soon I think,whether we still have a club to support is the big question.

I think we can all come to a reasonable scenario of how the Raos thought they could make money JBN.

All I'm trying to show is an explanation as to why Kean is still here and why we have no Chairman or effective board.

IMO, when Kean talks continually about "what we're trying to do", this is what he's talking about, - running a club based on JA, himself and the Raos. It's not that they wanted to run the club in a conventional manner, they didn't. They haven't been unlucky, or naieve in appointing a coach instead of an experienced manager who hasn't paid off. It was a neatly worked out plan and has been executed precisely as the Raos wanted.

It's gone tits up because the three main ingredients aren't up to it. JA can't find the young, cheap talent, Kean isn't capable of gelling them together into any kind of effective unit and the Raos aren't capable of changing the plan now it's shown to be ineffective, or running the clubs finances.

I honestly didn't read Den's post before mine,I think your not far from the truth Den,same thought's more or less.

Like I say,this whole sorry situation has been hand crafted to a tee.

Let me make this clearer Gord. I'm going to start by saying that I'm wary of getting the site into trouble, so this is only my opinion. It's only me thinking out loud. I know nothing.

To a man, we can't understand why Kean was appointed as manager and we can't understand why he's still here. We can't understand why JW and TF were allowed to leave and we can't understand why he's not been replaced. We can't understand why there's no-one at Ewood with a clue as to what's happening.

Well, the real story might be along these lines......

Before the takeover, the Raos were given a "business plan". It was simple, but quite radical. The first part was that Kentaro would help in providing players to the club. These players would be basically young lads who with the right coaching would become valuable assets to bring in profit at a later date. The second part would be the appointment of a top coach. Not a manager. The third part would be to move the decision making part of the club to Pune, with an administration staff at Ewood that would run the day to day tasks.

Now then - Keans involvement, or otherwise. Is it reasonable to believe that he, being a Kentaro man and Rovers employee, would know nothing about the goings on at Ewood prior to the deal being signed? If he knew nothing, then how strange that within three weeks of the takeover, he was at the helm. How strange that within weeks he was off to Pune over and above JW's head - are these the actions of a coach that knows nothing about any plan? How strange that the Raos knew so much about the abilities of the coach, so soon after the takeover? How strange that so soon after his appointment that he was awarded a longer contract? Could it be that Kean was involved in the business plan from day one? Maybe, maybe not.

JW and TF. Were never included in this business plan. There was no role for them. They would probably have been allowed to run their contracts down and then released. JW commented on how "sometimes new owners have different ways of working". Kean commented that JW took a dislike to him after he'd [Kean] been in charge for around 4 weeks. Mrs D commented that JW couldn't accept JA and Keans role at the club. Could it be that JW could see this "radical" new way that the Raos were heading and didn't like it one little bit?

So, I'm just trying to work out why, if all that the Raos intended to do was bring in a new young manager to replace Allardyce, [and they just kind of got unlucky] they are at a position where they wont replace him. Why hasn't JW been replaced and why is there no-one at Ewood that knows anything about the situation?

We're in danger of thinking that the owners have just been a little naieve, when in fact they might very well have known exactly what they were doing. We're in danger of believing that Kean was a coach who was given a golden opportunity, when in fact he might have been a part of this business plan all along.

So. Why was JW never replaced? Because it was never intended that he would be replaced. Yes they voiced an opinion that they were looking for another chairman, but they say lots of things don't they.

Why, we wonder does no-one at Ewood know what the hells happening? Because it was never intended to be anything else than an Admin staff at Ewood.

and why has Steve Kean not been replaced? Because it isn't in the plan to have anyone other than a coach running the team affairs and that Kean is still highly regarded as a coach? Could it be that the Raos aren't replacing Kean, simply because they don't see the coaching of the players as the real problem?

Maybe we should look at the current state of affairs from a different starting point. The situation the owners now see themselves in was as a result of a plan that they fully knew about and accepted.

As for LeChuck's point about continental clubs using coaches to run their clubs - well I'm sure that they still have a lot of good people in the right places. Good Chairmen, good board of directors and good scouting systems. I bet their clubs don't consist of dodgy football agents, lieing coaches and thick, gullible owners. Our problem now of course, is that we don't have the structure to support a football manager who wants full control.

Sorry for putting this in the Steve Kean thread mods. Start a new topic with it if you like.

Superb post Den +1000

I honestly didn't read Den's post before mine,I think your not far from the truth Den,same thought's more or less.

Like I say,this whole sorry situation has been hand crafted to a tee.

Obviously Kean is picking up his handsome salary every month he stays in charge and presumably the agents and "advisers" are making money on transfer deals in each window but how do they benefit by allowing Rovers to drop out of the top flight ? If as has been suggested this is a plan hatched 12 months ago by Kean and the owners and "advisers" together then none of it makes sense because even with parachute payments their financial gravy train will come to a shuddering halt when we go down to the championship. The questions still have to be asked why they are here, what they are trying to achieve and why they are not trying to save their asset.

Just wondering. His son was at Fulham. Was it at the same time as Kean was assistant to Chris Coleman? Maybe his opinion is based on inside knowledge of Steve Kean.

Think you will find that Leroy was on the shortlist (and interviewed) for Rovers' coach when Sam seemed to pick the wrong man !!!

I think Leroy knows what a bullsh1tter Kean is !!!

The questions still have to be asked why they are here, what they are trying to achieve and why they are not trying to save their asset.

Theno has put his viewpoint on why they are here Jim. I'm sure he'll put that to us again.

Why aren't they trying to save their asset? Wish I really knew. Maybe they simply think it's unsaveable now. Let's be honest, they could throw £20m at us now on compo for Kean, new contract for new manager, money for players - and it might all disappear in the summer. Perhaps they've just decided that they wont put any more cash in and will just sit back and see what happens. Cutting their losses?

They bought the club Jim for relative peanuts,they have had 12 months brand exposure at the expense of our club..they simply may not care anymore.

Even if relegation happens,they can sell players and recoup most,if not all,of their initial 'small' outlay with other's connected POSSIBLY picking up nice little golden handshakes along the way....job done.

:rock:

They bought the club Jim for relative peanuts,they have had 12 months brand exposure at the expense of our club..they simply may not care anymore.

Even if relegation happens,they can sell players and recoup most,if not all,of their initial 'small' outlay with other's connected POSSIBLY picking up nice little golden handshakes along the way....job done.

:rock:

Any asset stripped exercise must attract the attention of the football authorities. Would they be so blatant ?

:o That's an outrgaeous suggestion. Just because they've fallen out with SEM Kentaro why on earth would they part company with the fella who SEM Kentaro recommended for the job? Just because of his results record or something? No, no, no, there is no link whatsover between Venkys, Kean and SEM Kentaro at Blackburn Rovers now - apart from the manager and Myles Anderson. None whatsoever.

Where did the info come from RE Venky's dumping Kentaro?

Because if it came from Venky's I'd consider it tosh, given Keans unsackability.

PS those saying relegation will cost Venky's a fortune I would ask are you sure? We're owned by Venky's London so surely if we go belly up they just do the same and Venky's India rolls on as they are completely seperate?

Where did the info come from RE Venky's dumping Kentaro?

Because if it came from Venky's I'd consider it tosh, given Keans unsackability.

Exactly, never any actual quotes from Venkys stating that the relationship had finished, just Venkys PR Source telling Kamy I seem to recall (not your fault Kamy of course, they are compulsive liars after all)

PS those saying relegation will cost Venky's a fortune I would ask are you sure? We're owned by Venky's London so surely if we go belly up they just do the same and Venky's India rolls on as they are completely seperate?

Exactly again Maj. So when we go into Administration I take it the huge corporation that is Venkys London will do as well? Let's not forget Venkys London is just a shoe box isn't it? And they can disappear back to Pune never to be seen again (not that we see much of them anyway) with the Jones money, the Agents fees, the Kalinic cash. Leaving us up that creek in bundles of debt.

Or isn't this how it would work?

Didnt one of the youth team players tweet that Kean doesnt pick the team??

well if he doesn't who does ? the tea lady ( she may be a better option ) or a certain agent ? cos surely it can't be picked in Pune ?

Is there any positives coming out of Ewood at the moment ?

What about the quick business Kean promised of getting players in who can hit the ground running ? - Kean the man prior to the Wigan game promised us we wouldnt get relegated... :angry2::angry2:

Alan Nixon @reluctantnicko 12m

"Young Glasgow boss gets promoted to become a boss for the first time. And makes a total success of it. Makes u think ..."

Yes it certainly does Nicko. Makes me think whether he can do a good Presser or not. I wonder if his Agent gives a damn if he's any good either? I'd expect not once he's in a job. I wonder if his Agent can pick his nose? Still football eh? Bloody hell.

"Young Glasgow boss gets promoted to become a boss for the first time. And makes a total success of it. Makes u think ..."

Yes it certainly does Nicko. Makes me think whether he can do a good Presser or not. I wonder if his Agent gives a damn if he's any good either? I'd expect not once he's in a job. I wonder if his Agent can pick his nose? Still football eh? Bloody hell.

Wasn't Nicko on about Dougie Freedman, Palace Manager

Looks pretty clear now that Nicko has been in the pockets of Keans agent all along.

makes u think,what? agents are tossers and we'd be a million times better off with simon jordan owning us.

Makes u think, its highly improbable that not every football inclined person from Glasgow is gormless.

Yeh made me think for a nanosecond, and in that nanosecond the thought that steve kean could ever be competent never cropped up.

Archived