BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Steve Kean Thread (Poll reset after Stoke game)

Glenn

958 members have voted

1. 1. Should Steve Kean be sacked

I am still in shock at how Kean could remotely have thought his second half changes could have worked.

Somebody must have a dirty big bet on Rovers going down. There is no other rational explanation for Kean still being in that job.

By the way, at least 2 of the 25 voting to give Kean more time did so as a joke.

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I said at half time 3-3 would be a bet now . Phone call from the she devil... Er. Excuse me coco you do realise we have a draw at the laddys Pune branch, sort it! You can imagine it can't you. They don't do in game Betting in the bbe tho I was told .

Seems like Morgan & Moxley have been reading this thread !

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/football/view/235352/Steve-Bruce-1m-bonus-to-rescue-Wolves/

Unfortunately, the boat has sailed now for Rovers and we are stuck with Captain Kean !!!

Fully expect at least two clubs that bit the bullet to survive (Sunderland, QPR) with Wolves just maybe scraping out of it - at least they have tried to remedy the situation.

Paying £1 million to get Bruce in though! I know most of us would have him over Kean but I don't think i'd terminate Micks contract and then pay a million to get him in! Mind you, there aren't actually too many options available anymore.

I said at half time 3-3 would be a bet now . Phone call from the she devil... Er. Excuse me coco you do realise we have a draw at the laddys Pune branch, sort it! You can imagine it can't you. They don't do in game Betting in the bbe tho I was told .

I had it before the game £2 @ 50/1, I also had a £1 on Yakubu to score first and Rovers win 3-0..... :(

I am still in shock at how Kean could remotely have thought his second half changes could have worked.

Somebody must have a dirty big bet on Rovers going down. There is no other rational explanation for Kean still being in that job.

By the way, at least 2 of the 25 voting to give Kean more time did so as a joke.

Phil - you now have the benefit of hindsight - we were getting overrun by QPR, struggling to hold the ball up at the front - which resulted in the ball coming straight back at an over worked defence - what would you have changed as the second sub (not heard anyone arguing against Henley coming on - though like many I wonder whether Simon has run over Kean's cat) ?

Formica - though he had a good first half - was fading - and as the second forward neither had the physical presence to hold up the ball or the pace to threaten the QPR defence on the break.

Take off the Yak - now that would have been a brave decision.

MGP - not one of his better games - but his combination with Olsson was still a good one (MGP's overall team play is often overlooked). Nzonzi/Lowe - not really an option to replace either - though Lowe's influence had waned since his booking.

Even now - I am undecided as to what would have been the best substitution. At the time I did agree that it might be better to give them something else to think about up front - and hopefully hold the ball up better - rather than go for another Sunderland.

You can argue it didn't work out - but as we still won - you could argue it did. I have lost count of the number of matches where a team has dominated the first half - only to be overun in the second half (btw I didn't think we dominated the 1st half - just took our chances very well on the day)

This isn't a defence of Kean - but just that we look objectively at the match as a whole - rather than coming up with yet another outlandish theory (given your theory - it was obviously a mistake that he set the team up right for the first 50 or 60 minutes and was 3-0 up - and within a whisker of going 4 up !)

Joel Holligan@Jezmond1996Reply

Retweet

Favorite

· Open

“@SkySportsFeed: Breaking News: Steve Kean has been sacked by Blackburn! #BRFC More to come on Sky-Sports!”WHY LIE

SkySportsFeed:

We've got big news regarding Steve Kean...

SkySportsFeed:

According to Sky Sources: Mick McCarthy is favourite to take over Blackburn! #BRFC

SkySportsFeed:

Many tweets showing happiness from Blackburn fans decision to part with Kean, who would you like to replace him? #BRFC

:lol: Okay "Sky Sports Feed"

I put that exact bet on before the game - nearly came in at 50-1.

DMTP

The clearly obvious substitute to have made was a midfielder change and NOT putting a forward on to replace Formica. 4-4-2 made it so much more difficult as QPR were bossing midfield all Kean served to do was weaken any Rovers resolve in tht area. I can see the likes of a very attacking team going 4-4-2 to combat a 4-5-1 formation but this is Rovers were are talking about. We simply didnt see enough of the ball to warrant a 4-4-2 to expose QPR, furthermore, we had no reason to chase the game as we were already 3-0 to the good. It should have been about seeing the game out even with 25 minutes to go. The way Rovers were set up was working at the time and as we so nearly witnessed the incomptent change nearly cost us the 3 points.

Kean is the only person to blame. The players are NOT.

Phil - you now have the benefit of hindsight - we were getting overrun by QPR, struggling to hold the ball up at the front - which resulted in the ball coming straight back at an over worked defence - what would you have changed as the second sub (not heard anyone arguing against Henley coming on - though like many I wonder whether Simon has run over Kean's cat) ?

Formica - though he had a good first half - was fading - and as the second forward neither had the physical presence to hold up the ball or the pace to threaten the QPR defence on the break.

Take off the Yak - now that would have been a brave decision.

MGP - not one of his better games - but his combination with Olsson was still a good one (MGP's overall team play is often overlooked). Nzonzi/Lowe - not really an option to replace either - though Lowe's influence had waned since his booking.

Even now - I am undecided as to what would have been the best substitution. At the time I did agree that it might be better to give them something else to think about up front - and hopefully hold the ball up better - rather than go for another Sunderland.

You can argue it didn't work out - but as we still won - you could argue it did. I have lost count of the number of matches where a team has dominated the first half - only to be overun in the second half (btw I didn't think we dominated the 1st half - just took our chances very well on the day)

This isn't a defence of Kean - but just that we look objectively at the match as a whole - rather than coming up with yet another outlandish theory (given your theory - it was obviously a mistake that he set the team up right for the first 50 or 60 minutes and was 3-0 up - and within a whisker of going 4 up !)

After both substitutions SWP and Barton became more influential simply because they had a free reign. Formica was getting close to Barton when QPR were in possesson and made him ineffectual. Likewise SWP was being well handled by Hoillet and Olsson. SWP coming fom deep had far too much pace for Pedersen and as a consequence Olsson was far more exposed. Hanley should have come on at left back and Olsson moved further forward to handle SWP's pace. Pedersen should have stayed on the right as I didn't see too much of an attacking threat coming down that flank. Formica should idealy have stayed on but surely the Imposter should have gone like for like and replaced him with Rochina. Then putting Goodwillie on the left side of midfield was plain crazy. We were far exposed with the changes made and that is purely dow to the Imposter. I can't imagine any other manager in the professional game would have made these changes and left us so vulnerable.

MGP was having a real barney with him on the touchline when Modeste came on...

I've noticed in a few games recently that the MGP - Kean relationship appears to be a little errrr... fractious these days. That 'tackle' (was it the Stoke game on New Year's Day?) was the first time I noticed but have in all the home games since.

I see big Keano has been opening that big gob of his again saying that he's still confident on signing Hoilett. He said that if the team was where they thought they are going to be at the end of the season, he doesn't see why he wouldn't want to re-sign! The guy is living on another planet! Where does he think we are going to be at the end of the season? We'll most likely be relegated or survive by the skin of our teeth and with Steve Kean no doubt being in charge as long as the chicken people are about, things won't be getting better any time soon for Hoilett to think that his long term future is with us.

Archived