BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Steve Kean Thread (Poll reset after Stoke game)

Glenn

958 members have voted

1. 1. Should Steve Kean be sacked

Getting rid of him isn't as big a problem as getting a good replacement. Who wants the job who's actually any good?

That's not the problem. There will be able manages willing to take the job. But when your owners can't pick their own nose, how can they pick a decent manager?

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Getting rid of him isn't as big a problem as getting a good replacement. Who wants the job who's actually any good?

I think thats been a problem for some time, dont get me wrong I have no information at all but I think had we a good chairman maybe he would have been able to to suggest a replacement for Kean and pursuade him to come, I read from somewhere probably twitter that both MON and Hughes had been approached as DOF but both refused.

There are managers out there but I doubt any would work under Venky's.

That's not the problem. There will be able manages willing to take the job. But when your owners can't pick their own nose, how can they pick a decent manager?

In your opinion, rumours say otherwise. Managers have been approached but no one has wanted the job. They won't be picking the manager of course, it will be their advisers, JA or whatever scammer they're using now.

I'm always positive and we now have a good run of games," Kean added. "The best thing for us to do would be to pick up points, go on an unbeaten run and climb the table, and if they want to protest then, then there something else at the bottom of it.

BUT WE HAVEN'T BEEN DOING ANY OF THOSE THINGS.

That's such a bizarre way of responding to the protestors. Invent a fantasy best-case scenario in which no-one would reasonably protest against Kean and then judge the real-world protestors by those lollipop-world standards. He might as well say the grief he's getting is unfair because if he was handing over a cheque for a million pounds to every single person who came through the turnstiles, no-one would be complaining. He's not, so it's a completely irrelevant scenario.

And I do like the way he hints at some kind of conspiracy theory. Because, y'know, it's not enough to be opposed to manager because of a run of 4 wins in 28 games.

• Backroom

"We're always realistic and we've never won two games in a row for the duration of Steve Kean's reign," the protesters pointed out. "The best thing for us to do would be to sack Steve Kean, hire a real manager and climb the table, but if Venky's want to give Kean a new contract, then there something else at the bottom of it."

Been out and about tonight and bumped into a couple of people with close Ewood connections.

They think that Kean will get potted on Monday.

Credibility I'd put as high as 90%.

One thing's for sure, we'll soon know either way.

The first voice was Andy Bays from Radio Lancs, the 2nd was talksports "The Moose" who is a grade one c.ockhead and a Kean sycophant like Andy Gray

• Backroom

Been out and about tonight and bumped into a couple of people with close Ewood connections.

They think that Kean will get potted on Monday.

Credibility I'd put as high as 90%.

One thing's for sure, we'll soon know either way.

Hope so pal although are these the guys that made you 90% sure a month or two back?

Not knocking you but it seems nobody knows for sure which is why I barely even let myself dream it much

And that's what makes Kean such a tosser.

If he had come out and just said, 'Results haven't been good enough but we got a vital win today and go from here...' then fair enough. I'd still want him sacked. It's the way he twists everything for his own agenda that makes me sick!

I know it might be a waste of time but I couldnt sleep and decided to write Steve a letter. Probably a waste of time but I needed to get some of my feelings out.

Dear people at Blackburn Rovers Football Club. Enclosed I have written a letter to Steve Kean. I know it probably won´t reach him but I need to get this off my chest. I am, like many others, desperate to see some change in my beloved football club. And to get some smiles back on the faces of the fans.

Mr. Steve Kean

I am a supporter of Blackburn Rovers Football Club and have been so for many years. I am from Denmark so unfortunately I can´t follow the club on a local basis. But make no mistake. I follow the club through thick and thin. Even in this dark period where alot of people are confused about what on earth is going on in our beloved football club.

First I would like to congratulate you on todays 4-2 win over Swansea. That Yak is something, huh?

Well, to the point.

I have read post-match comments that you dont understand why sections of the fans are protesting when the club is winning a game. My mission here is to try and make you understand.

- There is massive uncertainty as to how our beloved football club is being run. The fans want, and deserve answers. We spend alot of time and alot of money on this club, and over the last year we have had many worries and many sleepless nights ( I am having one as I am writing this) wondering if all our support goes unnoticed and if the club will survive all this talk about bankloans and relegation.

- The results over the last year have been awful. When you took over we were in the tophalf of the premiership. In may we just barely escaped relegation with a fantastic first half against Wolves. This season is no better. We can score goals but we cant defend. The amount of goals we concede are shocking.

- You have signed alot of players. Some of them have done good. Formica, Rochina (Whats with the agent fee?) and Yakubu have all been good deals. Scott Dann is yet to impress and I´m wondering if he holds a place in the first 11 after the comments you made about looking forward to Ryan Nelsons return. Simon has had limited time on the pitch. He looked really good today but Im wondering if he had seen the grass if Rochina hadn´t limped off. Petrovic is yet to impress and so is Goodwillie. As to Ribeiro and Myles Anderson....Don´t get me started. They just dont seem to have what it takes to succeed . Even in the Championship, and they both seem like strange signings. During the transfer window you talked alot about getting bodies with Premier League experince. We got Scott Dann and The Yak. The rest of them have all needed time to get used to what it means to live and play in England. And we are suffering from that.

- In the media there have been some strange comments from you, the manager. Talks about Champions League Football, Massive transferbudgets to the latest comment on forfeiting the Carling Cup a day after you said we could win it.

- You appear arrogant in your way of behaving publicly. You drove under the influence and blamed the fans for spiking your drink. You stabbed John Jensen in the back and blamed him for your shortcomings as a manager. We can all see that we haven´t improved since Clement took Jensens place. In addition to this it seems obvious that you have no respect for the fans that question your ability to manage. Surely you must have doubts yourself? Your record speaks for itself.

These are some of the reasons why fans continue to be negative. I could probably continue writing but I am beginning to tire now. Gotta go to work tomorrow so I can make money, some of which I will probably end up spending on some sort of Rovers merch.

I am probably only writing this for my own benifit since I have no hope that you will read this. I just needed to vent my feelings. If I have reached one person in the Blackburn Rovers organization then I would be satisfied and consider my effort a success.

Yours truly.

A Blackburn Rovers fan for life.

-

I can't stand the man:

Kean believes that it is only a minority of fans that want him to depart. “I would ask the majority to maybe be vocal and say to the protesters to give the lads a chance. It can certainly affect the young players when there’s negativity, especially when our team’s ahead.”

If that isn't inciting fans to have a go at each other - I don't know what is. The fool must know that there has already been fights between Rovers fans - with this statement he is encouraging this to escalate.

If that isn't inciting fans to have a go at each other - I don't know what is. The fool must know that there has already been fights between Rovers fans - with this statement he is encouraging this to escalate.

Since the fool also says that the booing doesn't affect the players, I don't know where he's coming from.

(well I do actually------he's saying anything he believes is in his own interest and its in his interest to divide the fans and claim the majority are with him.

Its a major reason why I will never support the nasty little scrote even if results improve.

Its a major reason why I will never support the nasty little scrote even if results improve.

No chance of performances improving 47er, he's been in the job 12 months and things are getting worse not better :(

Kean said: "There must be other issues because I can't fathom why, when we're leading a game, they're chanting, but that's their prerogative.

"I'm always positive. I think we're in a good run of games and the best thing to do is go on an unbeaten run and climb the table. If they want to protest there's obviously something else behind it."

-- Steve Kean on his short term memory

Kean said: "There must be other issues because I can't fathom why, when we're leading a game, they're chanting, but that's their prerogative.

"I'm always positive. I think we're in a good run of games and the best thing to do is go on an unbeaten run and climb the table. If they want to protest there's obviously something else behind it."

-- Steve Kean on his short term memory

How about this Steve:

Total P35 W7 D11 L17 F45 A64 P32. WIN % 20%. (Courtesy of mercerman)

Thats why they're chanting when we're winning you bloody idiot :angry2:

Hope so pal although are these the guys that made you 90% sure a month or two back?

Not knocking you but it seems nobody knows for sure which is why I barely even let myself dream it much

Agree, loads of uncertainty. You more than most have had first hand experience of 'understanding' a situation (in Pune) and then it proving 'not to be what it says on the tin'.

Comments I made last night based on what I was told and are in line with those posted by Kamy on Twitter this morning.

Last night, the liquor was flowing and some were very open and honest, perhaps too much. Taking Venky's out of the equation, I'd put my mortgage on Kean going, however, given Venky's unpredictability, nobody knows for sure.

Agree, loads of uncertainty. You more than most have had first hand experience of 'understanding' a situation (in Pune) and then it proving 'not to be what it says on the tin'.

Comments I made last night based on what I was told and are in line with those posted by Kamy on Twitter this morning.

Last night, the liquor was flowing and some were very open and honest, perhaps too much. Taking Venky's out of the equation, I'd put my mortgage on Kean going, however, given Venky's unpredictability, nobody knows for sure.

What's Kamy posted on twitter

No chance of performances improving 47er, he's been in the job 12 months and things are getting worse not better :(

Sadly somebody said there was a bit of light at the end of the tunnel. Shows how over-reactive we can be to one game.

My point is that I wouldn't support Kean if he won the next ten (which he won't of course).

Archived