BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Steve Kean Thread (Poll reset after Stoke game)

Glenn

958 members have voted

1. 1. Should Steve Kean be sacked

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It would. Hence why I said I'm guessing it's pointless me requesting it. Midweek after the Bolton match? After all, a defeat there will be Armageddon again.

Seriously 3 wins on the bounce, come one we've got another 18 months to wait before that surely?

Provided Wigan, Wolves & QPR don't win away from home a defeat won't be that big a disaster.

We've bought some breathing space and now we need to finish the race, we shouldn't be counting our chickens just yet.

Manchester United are on three wins from three games this month and I'm sure European performance will be ignored and rightly so. They have Fulham to play.

Swansea are on three wins from three games this month, have yet to concede and have beaten Manchester City. They have Everton to play.

I can't see Kean getting it.

If we beat Bolton, Kean will get manager of the month.

...and he will deserve it, he's massively improved as a manager recently and has probably saved us from relegation in a matter of weeks.

This doesn't mean he isn't a snivelling, lying, arrogant little man who would put his own kids on the line.

I'll never like Kean for some of the stuff he's done/said in the past but I'm willing to tolerate him if he continues to get results such as the last two.

I certainly don't think sacking him now is the right way to go about things so I've deleted my vote but I still want to see him and especially Venkys gone in the summer.

Manchester United are on three wins from three games this month and I'm sure European performance will be ignored and rightly so. They have Fulham to play.

Swansea are on three wins from three games this month, have yet to concede and have beaten Manchester City. They have Everton to play.

I can't see Kean getting it.

Man Utd winning three games in a month is probably expected of them. Swansea would be a decent shout but with Kean getting so much stick this season, and having to deal with shambolic owners, the premier league will be despertae to give the award to him.

...and he will deserve it, he's massively improved as a manager recently and has probably saved us from relegation in a matter of weeks.

This doesn't mean he isn't a snivelling, lying, arrogant little man who would put his own kids on the line.

I'll never like Kean for some of the stuff he's done/said in the past but I'm willing to tolerate him if he continues to get results such as the last two.

I certainly don't think sacking him now is the right way to go about things so I've deleted my vote but I still want to see him and especially Venkys gone in the summer.

I agree that he deserves credit for turning this around. He still needs to go in the summer but perhaps he can repair his reputation a little before departing. For me, it's nothing personal but I just don't think he's a good manager.

Man Utd winning three games in a month is probably expected of them. Swansea would be a decent shout but with Kean getting so much stick this season, and having to deal with shambolic owners, the premier league will be despertae to give the award to him.

I agree, and its not like they have beaten the best teams around either. Should they beat Fulham they will have beaten 2 average sides in Fulham and WBA, one god awful side in Wolves and one good team well out of sorts in Spurs.

I'm sorry, but has the footballing world gone mad!

Steve Kean, has lied and backstabbed himself into a job. After 16 months in this job he has lead a team from mid table security, to a relegation scrap, bringing in shocking signings e.g. Goodwillie, Petrovic or players that he has apparently bought to completely ignore e.g. Vuc, Rochina and I'm getting told by a so called 'sports journalist' that he is manager of the year.

Whereas 3 years before a manager came in to a club with one of the wost PL squads I have ever seen e.g Fowler, Villanueva, Andrews and taken us 10 places forwards within the same amount of time, and he is slammed in the media because he has been given an unfair tag as a 'hoofball merchant'

Have I missed something here? This is incredible!

It's almost like a scenario in a film where we all know who the bad guy is but everyone else loves him and every now and again he turns and sneers at us whilst no one else is looking!

I'm completely and utterly drained from this whole stupid ###### debacle! He should never have got the job, he should never have been given a 2.5 year contract, he should never have begun this season as manager, he should never have been given an improved contract, he should never have stayed in the job following the Bolton game, he should never ever ever be given the manager of the year award. He's not even a ###### manager!

I can't believe it

Swansea would be a decent shout but with Kean getting so much stick this season, and having to deal with shambolic owners, the premier league will be despertae to give the award to him.

Having to deal with shambolic owners???? He's climbed into bloody bed with the tossers!

It's incredible that he has been in the middle of an epic collapse of a football club and he is being touted as manager of the season! Lazy journalism has allowed Kean to paint himself as the victim here, when he infact, is right in the middle of the whole problem!

I can't believe it

Really? I can.

Come on, Jimmy, the 'Kean love-in' has been going on for months now. And that was when we were rock bottom and couldn't keep a clean sheet for love nor money. What else do you expect now that we've found a little upturn in form? Kean's the dog ###### for turning around a relegation-threatened side and staving off the vile protesters who tried to hound him out of their club with their unrealistic ambitions. That's how the media will always see it because we're Blackburn Rovers, and our achievements in this league have always been an understatement.

Steve Kean, has lied and backstabbed himself into a job. After 16 months in this job he has lead a team from mid table security, to a relegation scrap, bringing in shocking signings e.g. Goodwillie, Petrovic or players that he has apparently bought to completely ignore e.g. Vuc, Rochina and I'm getting told by a so called 'sports journalist' that he is manager of the year.

Whereas 3 years before a manager came in to a club with one of the wost PL squads I have ever seen e.g Fowler, Villanueva, Andrews and taken us 10 places forwards within the same amount of time, and he is slammed in the media because he has been given an unfair tag as a 'hoofball merchant'

It's almost like a scenario in a film where we all know who the bad guy is but everyone else loves him and every now and again he turns and sneers at us whilst no one else is looking!

I'm completely and utterly drained from this whole stupid ###### debacle! He should never have got the job, he should never have been given a 2.5 year contract, he should never have begun this season as manager, he should never have been given an improved contract, he should never have stayed in the job following the Bolton game, he should never ever ever be given the manager of the year award. He's not even a ###### manager!

I can't believe it

Having to deal with shambolic owners???? He's climbed into bloody bed with the tossers!

It's incredible that he has been in the middle of an epic collapse of a football club and he is being touted as manager of the season! Lazy journalism has allowed Kean to paint himself as the victim here, when he infact, is right in the middle of the whole problem!

Hahahahahahahhahaha, this post made my day. I really hope he stays for at least another season just because it will affect you so much.

Hahahahahahahhahaha, this post made my day. I really hope he stays for at least another season just because it will affect you so much.

Look at you really though, you're that pathetic that you feel the need to switch your profile picture between the family that have brought the club that supposedly you support to its knees!

You hope one of the most unsuccessful BRFC managers stays at the club so that you can take enjoyment from sitting behind your keyboard and slancing around coming out with rubbish every day.

I can only imagine that you are a very lonely person, sat on here for the majority of the day, with little else to do other than wind people up, do you even have a job? I don't believe you have a genuine love for BRFC, if you did then you wouldn't be displaying pictures of various members of the Rao family and making out that Steve Kean is our saviour.

braddock should have been banned ages ago. Unfortunately, the mods don't adhere to their own rules.

EDIT: Sorry, "community managers".

I can only come to the conclusion that Braddock isn't a Rovers fan. The way he puts up his pictures of the Rao family is really quite a give away.

He's quite prepared to allow Blackburn Rovers to crumble from the inside as long as he can come on here when we win a game to act as though he was right all along.

Fact is, he has made such a fool of himself in the last 12 months its unbelievable. He holds zero credibility on this site, and my belief is that this site is his only source of contact with anyone. Very sad really

Look at you really though, you're that pathetic that you feel the need to switch your profile picture between the family that have brought the club that supposedly you support to its knees!

You hope one of the most unsuccessful BRFC managers stays at the club so that you can take enjoyment from sitting behind your keyboard and slancing around coming out with rubbish every day.

I can only imagine that you are a very lonely person, sat on here for the majority of the day, with little else to do other than wind people up, do you even have a job? I don't believe you have a genuine love for BRFC, if you did then you wouldn't be displaying pictures of various members of the Rao family and making out that Steve Kean is our saviour.

+1

I can`t for the life of me figure out why a supposed Rovers fan would have that tasteless greaseball as a profile pic.

Nothing personal Braddock, but you are a wind up merchant of the highest order.

There is no way I wasn't going to give the poster some stick for the ridiculousness of his post. It was hilarious that they couldn't be in the slightest bit positive after the last two games and instead threw a tantrum about Kean whilst not even bothering to mention the team and their achievements.

I see it was a reply to Manager of the Season but even still, to be so negative and annoyed at any success is hilarious to me.

Well creit where credits due, Kean has managed to get back to back wins and the team have managed to keep 2 clean sheets, so well done Steve Kean things are looking up, you should be very proud.....

But sadly that doesn’t detract from the real issue here, you’re not good enough to manage Blackburn Rovers, the last 15 months have proven that beyond a doubt, your record is truely awful.

You’re also an unsavoury individual who will stop at nothing to ‘feather his own nest’ and if that means conducting a smear campaign against your own fans then so be it.

The sooner you’re hounded out of this club the better and take Barry Chuckle with you.

Out of interest, this imaginary smear campaign...is it against the same fans who say that he is part of the Glasgow mafia and pocketed £6m via transfer dealings?

Out of interest, this imaginary smear campaign...is it against the same fans who say that he is part of the Glasgow mafia and pocketed £6m via transfer dealings?

I think there's a world of difference in what one individual says in comparison to say 10's out of the 26,000 who used to go.

When SK says fans whether he mean it or not he is speaking about every individual that supports Rovers.

Unless lightning does strike in the same place twice I'm confused.... I thought that was Souness, Viola and Murray? <_<

I can't believe it

+1,000,000

Archived