BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Steve Kean Thread (Poll reset after Stoke game)

Glenn

958 members have voted

1. 1. Should Steve Kean be sacked

Maybe I'm rewriting history but in Sam's second (first full) season didn't our performances only pick up around February. Quite a few people in that season (Jim) still thought there was a good chance we would be relegated.

Maybe I'm being contrary but that's what I recall anyway.

I'm not trying to revise things, as no clean sheets and our longest winless run can't be ignored. Just trying to find some perspective. (as the only person I know in London who is anti Kean is the guy I sit next to at work, and I've made it so)

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe I'm rewriting history but in Sam's second (first full) season didn't our performances only pick up around February. Quite a few people in that season (Jim) still thought there was a good chance we would be relegated.

I was worried at one stage but the big man pulled through and did us proud again.

Phil Thompson: 'Nobody deserves the abuse he got, so personal, he's kept his dignity'.

'he never had a go at the fans, though I suppose you can't' - err there you go then!

I keep hearing/reading the same spiel from the media every week, plus nobody has explained what was 'personal' about it...

Phil Thompson: 'Nobody deserves the abuse he got, so personal, he's kept his dignity'.

'he never had a go at the fans, though I suppose you can't' - err there you go then!

I keep hearing/reading the same spiel from the media every week, plus nobody has explained what was 'personal' about it...

Perhaps people feel that using his Scottish heritage as a stick to beat him with was a step too far.

I thought doing it after a match would skew the results?

Braddock knows that most fans would feel its too late to change managers now with only 9 games left. It simply isn't worth it. Conceivably a big majority would see no sense in it.

A more meaningful poll would be along the lines of "who wants him out at the end of the season whether we stay up or not?"

Yes, the majority of fans wanted Sam out around December/Jan as well. The feeling of hatred wasn't as prevalent though as Sam was someone with experience and you didn't have the sort of rumours circulating around about nefarious activities as you did with Kean.

That is why although I was in full support of Sam, and completely against Kean I have maintained that fans shouldnt decide the fate of managers because as a collective we simply have no idea.

That's why once the protests turned from showing displeasure about results and performances into attempts to instigate change, my support for them and the people organizing them waned.

Braddock knows that most fans would feel its too late to change managers now with only 9 games left. It simply isn't worth it. Conceivably a big majority would see no sense in it.

A more meaningful poll would be along the lines of "who wants him out at the end of the season whether we stay up or not?"

It was just a little dig at Braddock as he spent all last week bleating on about when to do the poll.

Yes, the majority of fans wanted Sam out around December/Jan as well. The feeling of hatred wasn't as prevalent though as Sam was someone with experience and you didn't have the sort of rumours circulating around about nefarious activities as you did with Kean.

That is why although I was in full support of Sam, and completely against Kean I have maintained that [b]fans shouldnt decide the fate of managers because as a collective we simply have no idea.That's why once the protests turned from showing displeasure about results and performances into attempts to instigate change, my support for them and the people organizing them waned.

I can only come to the conclusion that Braddock isn't a Rovers fan. The way he puts up his pictures of the Rao family is really quite a give away.

Of course he isn't a Rovers fan. No Rovers fan would ever "minus" all the appreciative posts in a thread about Jack Walker. Disrespectful behaviour towards ANYBODY who has passed away, never mind our great benefactor.

Of course he isn't a Rovers fan. No Rovers fan would ever "minus" all the appreciative posts in a thread about Jack Walker. Disrespectful behaviour towards ANYBODY who has passed away, never mind our great benefactor.

Dumb kid with posting diarrhoea. Who else posts every day with double the number of posts of the person in second. The number of hidden posts I 'see' emphasises the point.

Braddock used to be different but reasonably sensible, now he/she is just being contrary for kicks.

People need to ignore him/her and above all stop quoting his/her posts!

I was worried at one stage but the big man pulled through and did us proud again.

We would be relegated were the words, that's a little more than a worry!

We were fighting relegation in both seasons with Sam and pulled through in the latter parts of seasons, similar to Hughes, strong end to seasons.

We would be relegated were the words, that's a little more than a worry!

We were fighting relegation in both seasons with Sam and pulled through in the latter parts of seasons, similar to Hughes, strong end to seasons.

Thing is, under Sam we didn't lose against the teams below us e.g. Wolves, Wigan etc. We got the results in the important games. We did not get beaten at home against Wolves, WBA, Bolton etc all in one season.

Of course lets not re-write history, as good as Sam was, there was always going to be a feeling of 'safety first' at the start of every season, particularly with our transfer budget.

Slander.

Thing is, under Sam we didn't lose against the teams below us e.g. Wolves, Wigan etc. We got the results in the important games. We did not get beaten at home against Wolves, WBA, Bolton etc all in one season.

Of course lets not re-write history, as good as Sam was, there was always going to be a feeling of 'safety first' at the start of every season, particularly with our transfer budget.

The club's been in turmoil and almost every pundit had us as nailed on relegated after this season.

Whether you like Kean or not the upturn in form from Liverpool away Boxing day have been remarkable. Amongst wins are 10 men win vs Fulham and United at Old Trafford.

We also won away at Wolves and at home against QPR who are relegation candidates (huge wins!)

Dumb kid with posting diarrhoea. Who else posts every day with double the number of posts of the person in second. The number of hidden posts I 'see' emphasises the point.

Braddock used to be different but reasonably sensible, now he/she is just being contrary for kicks.

People need to ignore him/her and above all stop quoting his/her posts!

How do you put people on ignore?

Have I got you mixed up with someone else?

I'm quite confident you have.

There is a chance I negged some people in a thread, but not because they were positive for Uncle Jack. I'm quite sure I didn't, but if I did, to imply that it was because they were praising him is very harsh and presumptuous. I was more likely to be mocking the rating system which was silly and far too easily manipulated. But I'm quite sure I didn't do it anyway.

I'm quite confident you have.

There is a chance I negged some people in a thread, but not because they were positive for Uncle Jack. I'm quite sure I didn't, but if I did, to imply that it was because they were praising him is very harsh and presumptuous. I was more likely to be mocking the rating system which was silly and far too easily manipulated. But I'm quite sure I didn't do it anyway.

Sorry Braddock, I mistook you for another poster. No hard feelings, I hope.

Maybe I'm being contrary but that's what I recall anyway.

I'm not trying to revise things, as no clean sheets and our longest winless run can't be ignored. Just trying to find some perspective. (as the only person I know in London who is anti Kean is the guy I sit next to at work, and I've made it so)

Not a nice issue continually threatened with relegation but everybody knows the epoints total matters most in May. Good and bad runs happen to all teams, rem how the Rovers under KMD all but spewed promotion at the end of the 90-91 season from a seemingly invincible position and with the strongest squad in the division? We had to win away at Plymouth in the last game to finish 6th and scrape into the play offs.

.....Of course lets not re-write history, as good as Sam was, there was always going to be a feeling of 'safety first' at the start of every season, particularly with our transfer budget.

A fact totally and conveniently ignored by so many.

Archived