BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Steve Kean Thread (Poll reset after Stoke game)

Glenn

958 members have voted

1. 1. Should Steve Kean be sacked

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, every credit to Kean, two clean sheets on the bounce, something we have all been hoping for. There does seem to be increasing belief, confidence and spirit in the team.

Credit where it's due tonight, well done Mr.Kean.

On a very positive note for this season...

Past 10 seasons in the PL (since the 2001/2002 season), the record amount of goals scored for us in a season is the 2001/2002 season where we scored 55 goals and ended up in 10th (conceded 51). Since then we have scored between 40-52 but now, believe it or not, we have a very very good chance of breaking it.

We have scored 42 goals now this season and that is the 6th!!! yes 6th! highest in the league and with 9 games to go, we need another 14 goals to break the record which I believe we can do. Onwards and upwards!! COYB!!

Well, every credit to Kean, two clean sheets on the bounce, something we have all been hoping for. There does seem to be increasing belief, confidence and spirit in the team.

I'm sick of all these clean sheets! Whatever happened to the exciting football? :rolleyes:

No point in getting too involved in all the Kean back slapping. But this much i will say; signing Marcus Olsson was a very good decision.

Well done to the entire playing and non playing staff tonight. Just what we needed.

Will Teflon be crowned King of Ewood if we manage the great feat of survival this season...have our standard's dropped so low in such a short space of time?

FFS THINK ON! :rolleyes:

You're pissing in the wind SG194. A mate of mine text me tonight to say that if Rovers survived, Kean should be knighted. I kid you not. I have been one of those more forgiving towards Kean. However i would have sacked months ago (after the Newcastle game), but even i struggle to see how the general public have been so easily duped by the media. Talksport have done a wonderful job.

Saying that, i don't care who is in charge so long as they are good. As unlikey as it seems, if Kean went on to make us a 'Hughesesque'side, i'd love him for it.

I can't see it.

It does seem that the injection of new ideas from Eric Black has done wonders. I have listened to players and former charges who say that Kean is a good coach and I do prefer the attacking football ethos however, it is fair to say that the team look like a team now and that can only be down to Black and his methods.

Tony Gale's Mic here, as many of you will know I was one of the most vehemently opposed to Kean ever since he was appointed. However fair is fair and for the first time in his reign I feel he's stitched together enough of a run over enough games to get the fans off his back for now.

Previously he'd get a good run over four games, and even then the defence would still look decidedly dodgy but we'd scrape wins together. Now the good run has lasted a lot longer than four games and we actually look like we're improving at the back.

I'm still of the opinion he most likely isn't the right man for the job, you can't just ignore the shocking record that came before, much like when Sam went on an extended poor run resultswise you couldnt ignore his previous good record. However for the first time I can say if we (hypothetically) sacked him tomorrow I wouldnt support it.

Hypothetically again (because we know this wont happen) if we brought in a new manager over the summer with more of a proven track record I would support it but if things carry on this way until the end of the season I wouldnt be that upset if we persisted with Kean. I do worry about when we lose Junior Hoilett though and with our financial problems I can't see the Samba money being spent.

Still, since December 31st this is the form table in the league:

20i7zp3.png

Only two points less than O'Neill has done and better than the likes of Liverpool, Spurs and Chelsea. Swansea have been phenomenal.

Blacks arrival has been key. But i did think we were making progress with Clement.

But if we manage to survive this year it'll be thorugh a combination of Martinez's stubbornness and Wolves following our mangerial recruitment model. The third spot could come down to QPR's fixture list or the unfortunate effect of the Muamba situation. But i wouldn't bet my kids on Kean gate crashing that party.

Edit

Welcome back TGM. I've missed your input. Always well worth a read.

• Backroom

The heartening thing about that table posted by the ex member formerly known as TGM is the position of the teams below us, all of them at the bottom whereas we sit above halfway.

It would take some swing for them to catch us now but I actually expect a QPR win tomorrow to start it for them

The heartening thing about that table posted by the ex member formerly known as TGM is the position of the teams below us, all of them at the bottom whereas we sit above halfway.

It would take some swing for them to catch us now but I actually expect a QPR win tomorrow to start it for them

Was thinking the exact same thing regarding the form of the bottom four. Consider though that we are fourth best in the league over the past five games and I think that shows even more promise. I think we are joint with West Brom on form and only City, United and l'arse are better. I could be wrong but not far off.

I hope you're wrong about QPR tomorrow. I think Liverpool should have enough to at least keep them to a point.

2 wins, 2 clean sheets, +4 GD - where as teams like Wolves seem to be in freefall.

Keep it up boys....3 more against Bolton and id say we are safe

Glad Liverpool are away at QPR tomorrow, much more likely to beat them away than at Anfield this season.

No point in getting too involved in all the Kean back slapping. But this much i will say; signing Marcus Olsson was a very good decision.

Well done to the entire playing and non playing staff tonight. Just what we needed.

Even the signing of yakubu - even though a last minute choice - is also good. Wierd two clean sheets and both since Samba left..

Tony Gale's Mic here, as many of you will know I was one of the most vehemently opposed to Kean ever since he was appointed. However fair is fair and for the first time in his reign I feel he's stitched together enough of a run over enough games to get the fans off his back for now.

Previously he'd get a good run over four games, and even then the defence would still look decidedly dodgy but we'd scrape wins together. Now the good run has lasted a lot longer than four games and we actually look like we're improving at the back.

I'm still of the opinion he most likely isn't the right man for the job, you can't just ignore the shocking record that came before, much like when Sam went on an extended poor run resultswise you couldnt ignore his previous good record. However for the first time I can say if we (hypothetically) sacked him tomorrow I wouldnt support it.

Hypothetically again (because we know this wont happen) if we brought in a new manager over the summer with more of a proven track record I would support it but if things carry on this way until the end of the season I wouldnt be that upset if we persisted with Kean. I do worry about when we lose Junior Hoilett though and with our financial problems I can't see the Samba money being spent.

Still, since December 31st this is the form table in the league:

20i7zp3.png

Only two points less than O'Neill has done and better than the likes of Liverpool, Spurs and Chelsea. Swansea have been phenomenal.

Good honest perspective. I often see people create the most tedious of arguments regarding Kean and they confuse factual information with their personal opinions of the man. There is no denying that he is despised by some but I personally think he is really developing as a manager, the team is improving and we are most importantly now steadily picking up points. If we had different owners then I'd definitely welcome a fresh start with an experienced name, but facts are we are owned by Venkys, he is in charge and regardless of the better players being shipped out it looks as though we have what it takes to survive. What won't go down too well is Kean is a win at Bolton away from getting Manager of the Month!

• Backroom

If we win at Bolton he probably deserves manager of the month doesn't he?

It doesn't make him a good manager all of a sudden but would have just cause to win it over the month

I for one will never accept him as the manager of blackburn rovers but like so many have said credit where credit is due, this past month he has really turned the clubs fortunes around... hopefully his ridiculous tactical decisions are behind him and if the team gets 3 points at Bolton then I believe he should be awarded with manager of the month!!

still... KEAN OUT! VENKYS OUT!! COYB!!!

I think the fact is most of us were against Kean at the start of the season and were unhappy with the sort of performances and results we were seeing and quite rightly didn't think he was up to it (and at the time he probably wasn't). Since then he's got a good assistant manager in and has been learning on the job. All the protests and criticism has probably strengthened his resolve and all the problems experienced by the club this season has probably brought the team closer together and we are now seeing the results.

I'm happy as long as Kean is getting the team to perform. I often argued with people who wanted Sam out just because they didn't like him, so I think it would be unfair for me to demand Kean's exit for the same reasons.

The key thing for me will be whether or not he is able to convince Hoilett to stay and sign a new deal.

That's because the style of football he employs is dog ugly and useful only for survival. West Ham fans live in an alternative reality where they enjoy a God-given right to watch good football. No wonder Allardyce's hoofball is so unpopular.

Good honest perspective. I often see people create the most tedious of arguments regarding Kean and they confuse factual information with their personal opinions of the man. There is no denying that he is despised by some but I personally think he is really developing as a manager, the team is improving and we are most importantly now steadily picking up points. If we had different owners then I'd definitely welcome a fresh start with an experienced name, but facts are we are owned by Venkys, he is in charge and regardless of the better players being shipped out it looks as though we have what it takes to survive. What won't go down too well is Kean is a win at Bolton away from getting Manager of the Month!

Speaking as somebody who wanted Kean out after Villa away I would @&£! myself if he won Manager of the Month!

I can think of one poster whose head would explode!!

Archived