BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Steve Kean Thread (Poll reset after Stoke game)

Glenn

958 members have voted

1. 1. Should Steve Kean be sacked

Have you any evidence of that Rovers11. Did the Raos enter into serious negotiations with any of these big name signings?

Ronaldinho and Raul, yes definitely. Beckham no. Ask their agents or any respectable sports journalist and they will tell you the same. Maybe even ask Kamy.

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ronaldinho and Raul, yes definitely. Beckham no. Ask their agents or any respectable sports journalist and they will tell you the same. Maybe even ask Kamy.

I think the proof is there for all to see rovers11, they've sold anyone on decent wages and brought bargain basement buys in, are you seriously trying to tell us that Venkys seriously went for the big names you mentioned?

Nothing but rumour and spin In my book, but I did believe them at one stage, more the fool me :wacko:

I think the proof is there for all to see rovers11, they've sold anyone on decent wages and brought bargain basement buys in, are you seriously trying to tell us that Venkys seriously went for the big names you mentioned?

Nothing but rumour and spin In my book, but I did believe them at one stage, more the fool me :wacko:

I think one or two are missing the point. Venky's are here to build the Venky's brand, they will spend money on things that will help do this. They spent over 20m on buying a football club when they have no idea or passion for football - it was because they thought it would add value to their brand in the long run.

Venky's wanted Ronaldinho as he is a brazilian legend and Venky's are trying to make it big in Brazil. Beckham is a global superstar and would help build any brand. Raul is another massive football legend. All of these players would certainly raise the profile of Rovers and therefore Venky's.

People then will quite rightly ask 'well, if they were going to spend 20m on wages for Ronaldinho, why don't they invest that in 2 or 3 quality prem players'. The reason is because 2 or 3 good prem players such as Onuhua, Zamora etc would certainly improve Blackburn but would hardly make the world sit up and take notice of Blackburn and their owners Venky's. Ronaldinho, Beckham or Raul on the other hand...

• Backroom

I think one or two are missing the point. Venky's are here to build the Venky's brand, they will spend money on things that will help do this. They spent over 20m on buying a football club when they have no idea or passion for football - it was because they thought it would add value to their brand in the long run.

Venky's wanted Ronaldinho as he is a brazilian legend and Venky's are trying to make it big in Brazil. Beckham is a global superstar and would help build any brand. Raul is another massive football legend. All of these players would certainly raise the profile of Rovers and therefore Venky's.

People then will quite rightly ask 'well, if they were going to spend 20m on wages for Ronaldinho, why don't they invest that in 2 or 3 quality prem players'. The reason is because 2 or 3 good prem players such as Onuhua, Zamora etc would certainly improve Blackburn but would hardly make the world sit up and take notice of Blackburn and their owners Venky's. Ronaldinho, Beckham or Raul on the other hand...

Far from comforting words!

When it comes to venkys all any of us can say is they are destroying the club and appear not to give a monkeys.

I can't honestly think of one positive move they have made and until the fools sell up, the club will keep dropping like a stone.

Not sure that theory holds water. When we were in Pune, Salgado was obviously idolised by everyone who saw him. And yet...

Fair point. Salgado was a big name in his day but is not quite at the same marketable level as a Ronaldinho or Raul.

btw, this guy is currently Mrs D's favourite agent:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/david-conn-inside-sport-blog/2012/mar/20/pini-zahavi-portsmouth?CMP=twt_gu

Just been listening. Thought it was a one-off caller. What an absolute nugget.

Thankfully I realise it's all just a ruse to wind people up enough to call in, so don't bother. That's why the brainless sympathisers like the guy just now with the Irish(?) accent get air time.

Kundy gives Durham a run for his money in the muppet stakes.

If I heard correctly, he's "over-achieving" at Rovers. Just goes to show the complete disdain the Southern media give to Northern clubs like Rovers.

According to Goughy we won the FIRST PL title!! :wacko:

These people get PAID and handsomely to re-gurgitate utter crap with the only research being what is on a piece of paper handed to them when they arrive.

Jason Cundy "The majority of Blackburn fans need to take a long hard look at themselves for the way they've treated Steve Kean" :angry:

I almost crashed the car, ******* muppet :angry:

From the outside looking in Keane is guiding Rovers without Samba, Nelson, Jones, J Jones, Roque, Emerton etc. out of the poo. The reasons for their departures are irrelevent to a 3rd party so they simply see it as a job well done bearing in mind the odd circumstances and negative atmosphere around the club. In fairness, if we do survive without such decent players and little reinvestment then it is a very good achievement by the manager and existing playing staff - regardless of how hated he is on these boards.

I've had a couple of people tell me that he deserves manager of the year after 'all he has had to cope with' and that he's 'done a brilliant job in the circumstances'.

The first time someone said that to me I literally had to bite my lip to stop the rage that has accumulated over the last year and a bit transforming me into some sort of green-smoke emitting dragon. I'm very laid back and far TOO polite usually!

That said, I love Rovers more than I will ever dislike Kean - and if we somehow manage to stay up after this turbulent season I will be doing cartwheels down Nuttall Street. Even if it does win him plaudits from the neutrals and thirty awards. (Unlikely!)

now some muppet is suggesting venky's know what they are doing, cant listen any more

Talksport is literally a collection of complete numpties talking about football, a few of them are primarily there to 'fuel the fire' to get people calling in. Durham is one of those who is given a script to read I would imagine. He has no experience within the game and does not thoroughly research anything. How he can be called a sports journalist is incredible. He's a bit part nothing in an over dramatised radio show, designed to get fans riled up and call in.

Turn it off, it'l make you so angry

From the outside looking in Keane is guiding Rovers without Samba, Nelson, Jones, J Jones, Roque, Emerton etc. out of the poo. The reasons for their departures are irrelevent to a 3rd party so they simply see it as a job well done bearing in mind the odd circumstances and negative atmosphere around the club. In fairness, if we do survive without such decent players and little reinvestment then it is a very good achievement by the manager and existing playing staff - regardless of how hated he is on these boards.

and all those players leaving were nothing to do with Kean eh?

It's all part of "what we're trying to do here".

Jason Cundy "The majority of Blackburn fans need to take a long hard look at themselves for the way they've treated Steve Kean" :angry:

I almost crashed the car, ******* muppet :angry:

That's odd, I thought it was a minority. 1% I heard...

Can't agree.

If someone set fire to your car, would you thank/praise/reward them for grabbing a fire extinguisher and putting it out before the petrol tank blew up?

May I be one of the first to congratulate the managerial genius that is Steve Kean for steering Rovers to our first back-to-back wins under his reign and keeping a clean sheet for a successive match. I think it could be said that despite initial doubts he was always the right man for the job and can yet lead us to the sunny uplands of the Champions League next year. I would also like to congratulate the owners for sticking with the manager despite intense pressure from fans to dispense with his services and also congratulate them for sacking the previous manager whose limitations are now being exposed at West Ham United. Kean's winning brand of passing football is a joy to watch and I look forward to Rovers continuing this present run and securing our Premier League status within the next few weeks by completing a memorable double over Manchester United. Hail Steve Kean - the king of Ewood.

May I be one of the first to congratulate the managerial genius that is Steve Kean for steering Rovers to our first back-to-back wins under his reign and keeping a clean sheet for a successive match. I think it could be said that despite initial doubts he was always the right man for the job and can yet lead us to the sunny uplands of the Champions League next year. I would also like to congratulate the owners for sticking with the manager despite intense pressure from fans to dispense with his services and also congratulate them for sacking the previous manager whose limitations are now being exposed at West Ham United. Kean's winning brand of passing football is a joy to watch and I look forward to Rovers continuing this present run and securing our Premier League status within the next few weeks by completing a memorable double over Manchester United. Hail Steve Kean - the king of Ewood.

Awwww, maybe we'll lose next week then you'll post with more relish.

It seems to me that the turning point, if it has, came in spite of CoCo, was the appointment of Mr Eric Black, who does seem to be able to coach defensive duties.

I don't care what combination it takes, as long as it works, and the attacking play we showed at times tonight (even though we weren't at our best) was something we've been showing all season. I hope it's the start of a great partnership at the helm.

Archived