BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Pune trip

only2garners

Is it behond the wit of man to draw 9 tickets out of 15,000?

The fans forum has been representing the supporters for a long time. Brought up many issues with the club that supporters have expressed. Often asked on here if there was anything supporters wanting brought up. I do not recall them being called into question in the past. It is only now that they are, because they have been invited to India. The fans forum deserve to be the ones picked, even if it is just for the work they have done in the past. The individual members of the forum may have changed over the years. But the role and commitment of the forum as a whole has not changed.

No my view is that the forum deserve to be the ones going for the work they have done over the years.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The fans forum has been representing the supporters for a long time. Brought up many issues with the club that supporters have expressed. Often asked on here if there was anything supporters wanting brought up. I do not recall them being called into question in the past. It is only now that they are, because they have been invited to India. The fans forum deserve to be the ones picked, even if it is just for the work they have done in the past. The individual members of the forum may have changed over the years. But the role and commitment of the forum as a whole has not changed.

No my view is that the forum deserve to be the ones going for the work they have done over the years.

As I said earlier much more effective if they politely decline the trip and rather insisted on meeting the owners here and on home territory. I've already asked the question what is hoped to be gained by meeting them in India rather than here in Blighty.

Opinions would be much less likely to be swayed without the nice slice of corporate hospitality no doubt in store for them I'd suggest. Personally I shouldn't be at all suprised if part of the softening up has been considering the FF being offered their own box at Ewood. They may as well be cos there is never anybody else in them these days.

btw..... Just as a matter of interest has anybody read Animal Farm? :rock:

Great initiative and wish the Pune 9 a good , interesting and safe trip!

My tip is:

Vindaloo means very good :)

For all those saying the meeting should have taken place in Blackburn.

If IM dealing with a company I always try to go their factory / business to have a meeting. Its when Im there I get the full view of their business and can get the bigger picture.

Great initiative and wish the Pune 9 a good , interesting and safe trip!

My tip is:

Vindaloo means very good :)

For all those saying the meeting should have taken place in Blackburn.

If IM dealing with a company I always try to go their factory / business to have a meeting. Its when Im there I get the full view of their business and can get the bigger picture.

The factory in question is at Ewood. On the left as you approach Craven Brow.

alexanders.... The FF don't need to understand chicken meat production when the issue is BRFC. I'd suggest the actions of the Venkey mob these past 10 months suggest they need to be here fostering relations and trying to get a bigger picture of what makes BRFC fans tick.

This trip is an obvious attempt by the owners to flannel a group which they perceive is an influential voice amongst the fans.

alexanders.... The FF don't need to understand chicken meat production when the issue is BRFC. I'd suggest the actions of the Venkey mob these past 10 months suggest they need to be here fostering relations and trying to get a bigger picture of what makes BRFC fans tick.

This trip is an obvious attempt by the owners to flannel a group which they perceive is an influential voice amongst the fans.

What's wrong with inviting someone round to your place?

I'd love to have guided tour of your magnificent lavatories.

:)

Whilst going through the thread i first wish to point out i have no problem with the 9 being from the fans forum, as these people have experience in dealing with the club hierarchy and doing so in the interest of the fans.

however i do wish to pick out on a few things...

whilst nobody expects you to go "shouting and screaming" i would like assurances that you will not be agreeing just for the sake of future discussions, i would personally expect you as a representative of us supporters to be going over and questioning them about the concerns of supporters. regardless of whether the owners want this or not, is this not the point and purpose of this trip?

will you therefore be questioning on behalf of the majority of the supporters as to why they have made a transfer profit out of the club? despite big promises of personal budgets and marquee signings? regarding transfers they have still to this day made a profit!! its what the majority of fans you represent would like to know

that is an arrogant response, and after reading a few of your posts in relation to this thread, i am disappointed that you are one of our representatives to be frank.

As said above the fans forum have a great contribution in acting on behalf of us fans, on things other people could not be bothered about. Yet as a collective group i have 2 questions to pose

1) on a day where this site, the largest rovers fans forum available ran a poll at 85-90% in favor of a managerial change. why then did Mr Venkatesh Rao say in his interview that listening to the fans was vital just to follow it up by saying our wishes would be ignored because steve kean was going nowhere. I feel questions on this topic MUST be raised as it is the subject which raises a difference of opinion between the fans and owners

2) this is not meant to be a question to pick at those who have been selected, however out of interest how many of the 9 on official invite attended fulham? will be attending Newcastle? and following the trip will attend Q.P.R and Norwich? this is a genuine question

not the only person to hear this from Birdy this evening then

An excellent post. Exactly my feelings. I too am disappointed to be represented by the arrogant Fernhurst Blue.

Got it in one Gordon.

I really HOPE that the 9 who go ask the serious questions poised by Glen(Mullan) in his blog letter,and make them understand that due to their actions we have become a laughing stock. Also please remember that a ride in one of Balaji's fast and expensive motors doesn't make everything ok... Please don't bottle it,show backbone and cohonies...GOOD LUCK!!

I really HOPE that the 9 who go ask the serious questions poised by Glen(Mullan) in his blog letter,and make them understand that due to their actions we have become a laughing stock. Also please remember that a ride in one of Balaji's fast and expensive motors doesn't make everything ok... Please don't bottle it,show backbone and cohonies...GOOD LUCK!!

I think Glen Mullan's actions have made us into more of a laughing stock than the owners themselves.

Will minutes of the meetings held in Pune be published on here or the Official Website as usual?

I think Glen Mullan's actions have made us into more of a laughing stock than the owners themselves.

Will minutes of the meetings held in Pune be published on here or the Official Website as usual?

I don't know yet the detailed schedule for the trip but I would be very surprised if we will be having the sort of formal meetings that will be minuted.

Pune 9, ask Venkys when we are going to see their Chicken in the concourse. Has to be better than the rubber burgers that they were trying to serve last night. Were they Saturdays leftovers ? Catering provision last night was diabolical.

Got it in one Gordon.

I actaully think its a good idea and cannot think initially of a better group to go.

1. It should be in India - lets face it if Rovers are to ever compete financially in the Prem it needs to find somehow a much better/additional source of revenue. We can never have the same size of crowds etc as some in the Prem so the developements and what Venkys are trying to do in India are vital to the growth of Rovers.

2. What better group to witness/understand/experience what the Venkys plan in regards to Rovers. The group looks a details that concern the fans regularly, so may actually pickup on things that others may not. They give a lot of their time over to Rovers beyond the enjoyable part of actually going to games and supporting Rovers.

I actually think its insulting to say they will be bribed etc by the visit. Yes its a fantastic trip, I went to India in my youth and truely loved the experience and still have family friends over there. This group are less likely in someways to be swayed than many fans - lets look at it another way - they have to look regulary at how fans are treated etc by the club if things are not right they have to deal with it and talk to the club.

If nothing else if the group can push for more regular meetings with Venkys in this country then surely it would be worth it.

Says the one located in the nice northeastern suburbs of Adelaide :)

Haha.......it's lovely here! I do work a bit in Davoren Park though, which makes the locals go squimish. Compared to my previous stomping grounds of Newton Heath and Collyhurst, DP is like a picnic in the Devon countryside!

It would appear that some of my comments have not gone down well with certain members, however for those people to say that they are not happy for me to represent them I would ask them this:

Would you expect me to make a judgement about you, somebody I don't know, have never met from a few throw away comments? In addition to this the vast majority of people on here do not know my opinion about Kean/Venkys, and therefore it could be the same, similar or totally different...the point I am trying to make is, if you don't know me in the 'offline/real' world, how can you make a judgement about me?

I'm glad that most fans have welcomed the gesture made by the owners as a positive step forward in terms of building a better relationship between themselves and the fans and I would personally hope that this trip could lead to a bigger audience with the owners in the near future (as some have already suggested on here).

Finally, I have to say that the FF is not elitist or an inner circleand I would also suggest that the fans going ARE 'average joes'. However some of the other suggestions about being 'bought' and 'bribed' are a little bit below the belt and uncalled for.

I'm hoping that the trip has a positive outcome, or it won't just be Venkys getting the brickbats :rover:

Even if true, I don't believe there is any cause for concern. First, 'influencing' Rovers supporters is a lot like herding cats. You might get 1 or 2 onside but there will be another dozen off to the side screeching.

Second, Kean (and Venkys) will be judged by the results on the pitch. Whether Venkys think the 9 can influence opinion and quite the common mob I don't know, though it wouldn't surprise me given their not so distant caste system. If so, Venkys is dead wrong. Another loss and the poll will be back to 80% calling for Kean's head. Two losses in a row and marches will be discussed. Three and there will be trouble.

If Kean and Venkys want the fans onside, Kean must get to a 1.2 plus points per game average. I don't think he'll get there. I hope I am wrong.

It would appear that some of my comments have not gone down well with certain members, however for those people to say that they are not happy for me to represent them I would ask them this:

Would you expect me to make a judgement about you, somebody I don't know, have never met from a few throw away comments? In addition to this the vast majority of people on here do not know my opinion about Kean/Venkys, and therefore it could be the same, similar or totally different...the point I am trying to make is, if you don't know me in the 'offline/real' world, how can you make a judgement about me?

I'm glad that most fans have welcomed the gesture made by the owners as a positive step forward in terms of building a better relationship between themselves and the fans and I would personally hope that this trip could lead to a bigger audience with the owners in the near future (as some have already suggested on here).

Finally, I have to say that the FF is not elitist or an inner circleand I would also suggest that the fans going ARE 'average joes'. However some of the other suggestions about being 'bought' and 'bribed' are a little bit below the belt and uncalled for.

I'm hoping that the trip has a positive outcome, or it won't just be Venkys getting the brickbats :rover:

Unfortunately Sir we are all judged by what we say/write and unfortunately you came across as arrogant and elitist in at least one post. This may be unfair but it is all I have to judge you by and I do not wish to be represented by someone we feels he is superior to me.

I shall be meeting Tris after the next home match and will ask him when the next FF meeting is so that I can attend. I am not a keyboard warrior and am quite happy to meet you face to face in order to make a better judgement. (and you of me.)

As I said earlier much more effective if they politely decline the trip and rather insisted on meeting the owners here and on home territory. I've already asked the question what is hoped to be gained by meeting them in India rather than here in Blighty.

Opinions would be much less likely to be swayed without the nice slice of corporate hospitality no doubt in store for them I'd suggest. Personally I shouldn't be at all suprised if part of the softening up has been considering the FF being offered their own box at Ewood. They may as well be cos there is never anybody else in them these days.

btw..... Just as a matter of interest has anybody read Animal Farm? :rock:

Unless they want to show those going, what they plan to do in Pune. Show them the area etc, the plans for the academy etc - hard to do that in blighty. As well as discuss fans concerns etc.

Well, in a way those complaining have only themselves to blame. Several of us were involved in trying to set up an independent supporters' association a few years ago, Glenn in particular. If others had come forward to help run the association, it would be surviving today and fans would very likely have come from that organisation for the trip. However, they did not come forward and it was too much of a workload on top of their other commitments for the original committee to continue. Despite asking for others to come forward no one came.

So there you have it. Others are now trying to set up a Supporters Trust - so maybe an idea would be to contact them and offer help so that they will be a success and a more acceptable voice of the fans.

Archived