BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Pune trip

only2garners

How pathetic can you get ?

Stage-managed tourist trip into the heart of the evil empire for a carefully selected chosen few none of whom are likely to have the gumption to ask the "difficult" questions that need answering. If the owners want to meet the real fans and find their true feelings a good old Q and A session at a venue In Blackburn would enlighten them - so what are they are afraid of ?

Wow, horrible post.

Highlights one of the main reasons my interest in this site is on the decline.

Good people going to Pune, and whilst they may not ask every question I want answering, they have enough 'gumption' to ask questions that I would like to hear the answers to.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

But that wouldn't have been right for some either. Whatever method was chosen for the selection of fans would irk some.

We are representing Blackburn Rovers and Blackburn in a different country. Why should anyone want to pass over a chance to do that? And yes, each and every one of us appreciates that we are fortunate to be able to do so.

I'll certainly tell Balaji about Birdie when I see him. Anyone who does as much as a Blackburn Rovers fan as Birdie does deserves a mention. Respect.

The point is that you have not been elected to be representing Blackburn Rovers and Blackburn in a different country and therefore do not have the right to do so. That is not to say that you are not worthy. Just that you have not had the approval of the majority of supporters to do so. It's called democracy.

If that is the case then they should not be given it, this and future meetings have to be on record, otherwise IMO they would be a waste of time.

Absolutely correct. There should not be an elite group in the know whilst the rest are excluded.

How pathetic can you get ?

Stage-managed tourist trip into the heart of the evil empire for a carefully selected chosen few none of whom are likely to have the gumption to ask the "difficult" questions that need answering. If the owners want to meet the real fans and find their true feelings a good old Q and A session at a venue In Blackburn would enlighten them - so what are they are afraid of ?

Narrow minded, abusive, mean spirited luddites like you?

Set up your own democratically elected fans forum, work your arse off for no reward for years and see what happens.

Good luck.

Too late. It would not be hard to ask for a list of representatives to give us our reasons to be elected and have a vote. Very easy in my opinion. In fact most, but not all by any means, of the ones going would possibly be elected, but almost certainly not all of them. In fact not all of them have had the guts to declare who they are.

• Backroom

Too late. It would not be hard to ask for a list of representatives to give us our reasons to be elected and have a vote. Very easy in my opinion. In fact most, but not all by any means, of the ones going would possibly be elected, but almost certainly not all of them. In fact not all of them have had the guts to declare who they are.

Yes they have.

The 7 of the 9 forum members attending via the vote who are members have identified themselves in this thread. There are a further 2 who are not members.

And then there is Mr and Mrs Roversmum on the personal invite which Roversmum has herself mentioned.

Absolutely correct. There should not be an elite group in the know whilst the rest are excluded.

It a good job some of us fought to turn the Fans Forum from the cloak and dagger organisation it once (probably unintentionally) was into something accountable and documented back in 2006 then. Trust me, it's hard enough to get enough people to sit around the table at these things without finding some poor sod to minute it too!

I know from trying (and I'll admit failing) to set up BRISA that it's IS hard work. When it's just an idea, everyone will talk a great game about how they'll help, but once they've had their say and realise there is no fast-track to changing the world (even if that world is as small as Rovers) they soon vanish, leaving the same few mugs doing all the work.

I also believe all 7 of the BRFCS posters named themselves within hours of it being made public, the two missing names don't frequent the site, so it's hardly a lack of guts !

I know from trying (and I'll admit failing) to set up BRISA that it's IS hard work. When it's just an idea, everyone will talk a great game about how they'll help, but once they've had their say and realise there is no fast-track to changing the world (even if that world is as small as Rovers) they soon vanish, leaving the same few mugs doing all the work.

I also believe all 7 of the BRFCS posters named themselves within hours of it being made public, the two missing names don't frequent the site, so it's hardly a lack of guts !

Glenn do you believe that it would be right for disclosure of info to those going to India?, only to be told this must not made public.

I realise it's early days in the building of the relationship but surely if the owners want to make a start then all the info has to be available to all.

Someone mentioned a podcast, well I wouldn't go as far as that but surely the Raos and the club would maybe agree to the meeting being recorded, after all is that not what a number of journos have done during their visits to the Raos humble abode. ;)

I appreciate info could still be passed off the record but at least the rest of the fan base would get to hear how the meeting was structured and be able to gauge the answers to the questions for themselves.

A recorded meeting would mean noone needs to minute the meeting,

Blackburn owners Venkys invite the club's disgruntled supporters to India for face-to-face talks

The owners of Blackburn Rovers will hold face-to-face talks with representatives of the club’s supporters ...

FF Pune Trip

Venky's PR have succeeded with their smoke & mirrors trick.....the club's disgruntled supporters going to India.....

Glenn do you believe that it would be right for disclosure of info to those going to India?, only to be told this must not made public.

I realise it's early days in the building of the relationship but surely if the owners want to make a start then all the info has to be available to all.

Someone mentioned a podcast, well I wouldn't go as far as that but surely the Raos and the club would maybe agree to the meeting being recorded, after all is that not what a number of journos have done during their visits to the Raos humble abode. ;)

I appreciate info could still be passed off the record but at least the rest of the fan base would get to hear how the meeting was structured and be able to gauge the answers to the questions for themselves.

A recorded meeting would mean noone needs to minute the meeting,

I suggest not. The media have portrayed the trip of a "where have we gone wrong" meeting. Maybe it is nothing at all to do with that, and just media speculation. Lets be honest, we have all mocked the owners for the mistakes they have made - though not as much as the media has done. I have been critical of them. But this time credit must be given when it is due. Ok it may all be a waste of time. But until the forum has been over, met with the owners etc and return, we do not know. I suggest wait and apprieciate the inititive. Chosing the forum was the easiest place to start in chosing who to come to India. Maybe it will lead to other invites etc for other people or even a Q & A session.

Maybe they just want some imput from some supporters. Best place to start is with those involved with the forum. Afterall they have been speaking up about concerns supporters have had for years.

I suggest it is a wait and see situation. Find out what it is all about first. There may well be a hidden motive. But on the other hand it is maybe a genuine invite, with no bad motive in mind and just an opportunity for venkys to meet some supporters in their home area.

It is also an opportunity for Rovers supporters to meet locals in India and share their passion for Rovers.

You know the forum could have kept this all quiet and just went. When reading some of the posts on here, some may wish they had (not refering to your own posts). I hope the forum members take note of those who have given them abuse and deny them any information on how the trip went.

Blackburn owners Venkys invite the club's disgruntled supporters to India for face-to-face talks

The owners of Blackburn Rovers will hold face-to-face talks with representatives of the club’s supporters ...

FF Pune Trip

Venky's PR have succeeded with their smoke & mirrors trick.....the club's disgruntled supporters going to India.....

Exactly what Venkys wanted.

Exactly what the disgruntled feared.

You know the forum could have kept this all quiet and just went.

Maybe I'm missing something but from what I've read here the FF did, under orders, keep quiet until it was a done deal and in the public domain.

The 'positive' too me is that I now read some posters in a new light.

Those who go do have a nice trip - sincerely.

FF Pune Trip

Wow! There are more holes in that article than a Gorgonzola colander!

I'm travelling and my itinerary does not include Pune. :D

Meeting fans at Ewood would make far more sense in terms of convincing us that they are in for the duration and have an intention of running the club in Blackburn as opposed from some agent's office.

Exactly what Venkys wanted.

Exactly what the disgruntled feared.

I'm sorry Jisty but you have got this wrong.

I've stated it before but people don't seem to be interested in the truth. I mentioned that John and I had met Balaji in Hong Kong and he told us then he wanted to take some fans to India when the team went over. This was way before the protest, in July in fact. He was very enthusiastic about the idea. This was way before the letter, and way before the protest, if you look at the calendar you will realise that. At the time, no names or indeed any reference to the Fans Forum was mentioned.

Obviously then arose later the question of who to take - and who better than members of the fans forum - people personally known to the club and trusted. People like Glenn and SteB, who have worked tirelessly in various ways for the fans of the club.

It was also Balaji's own idea to name the Blackburn End the Ronnie Clayton Blackburn End, he mentioned that during our conversation.

I am not one to divulge personal conversations but when people repeatedly and it seems deliberately get the wrong end of the stick the truth needs to be told.

You are not going to spend a serious sum of money on a venture to watch it fail, especially when you have developed a passion for the club. Things are falling into place. All that is now needed is success on the pitch and all is set for a new and exciting future for Blackburn Rovers.

You know the forum could have kept this all quiet and just went. When reading some of the posts on here, some may wish they had (not refering to your own posts). I hope the forum members take note of those who have given them abuse and deny them any information on how the trip went.

How exactly would that work Pafell? :rolleyes: I've suggested Animal farm but now you are moving it to a more sinister 'Lord of the Flies' scenario.

God love you PAFELL, but I find your stance on this thread rather odd.

You wanted new owners up to last week, we win one match and you have had a road to Damascus conversion and are getting on the back if anyone who is criticising the owners latest bit of PR.

Archived