BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Pune trip

only2garners

I think if everyone looks at the trip to Pune as a reward for their efforts on the fans forum and nothing more then all these conspirocies ect can be put to bed.

Let the folk go with everyone's blessing, I don't think any of them are claiming to be the voice of the fans and providing the club don't market it as the voice of the fans, Then I see no issue.

Its a great opportunity for those going to sample the culture of the counntry of India whilst see the players train and play.

Its unfair to ask them to address concerns of all supporters as we are individuals and each one of us will have our own concerns. 99% Of fans are happy and they should be allowed to enjoy their experience without pressure being put on them for answers. Questions do need to be asked, but I don't think this is the time or place for these to be asked during this trip, as its the Fans Forum group who are going and they have openly stated that they meet on Non footballing issue's.

My best advise to those going enjoy yourselves and the experience and share our town and club with the locals over in India, Who would embrace your warmth and presence.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, in a way those complaining have only themselves to blame. Several of us were involved in trying to set up an independent supporters' association a few years ago, Glenn in particular. If others had come forward to help run the association, it would be surviving today and fans would very likely have come from that organisation for the trip. However, they did not come forward and it was too much of a workload on top of their other commitments for the original committee to continue. Despite asking for others to come forward no one came.

So there you have it. Others are now trying to set up a Supporters Trust - so maybe an idea would be to contact them and offer help so that they will be a success and a more acceptable voice of the fans.

I remember the old days of supporters clubs in and a round the area. Something that is missing today.

One of my gripes as I live well outside the lancashire area, is that not much is done for supporters who live well outside the area - who travel from afar for matches. Yet what could be done is another matter. One thing ablout Blackburn is there are not that many places to stay. My wife and I have tried travelodge, whitehall hotel, and woodlands hotel. Travelodge the cheapest (we wait for the £19.00 a night offers) Whitehall expensive, Woodlands Hotel reasonable with pub downstairs. Apart from that, not a lot in blackburn.

I remember the old days of supporters clubs in and a round the area. Something that is missing today.

One of my gripes as I live well outside the lancashire area, is that not much is done for supporters who live well outside the area - who travel from afar for matches. Yet what could be done is another matter. One thing ablout Blackburn is there are not that many places to stay. My wife and I have tried travelodge, whitehall hotel, and woodlands hotel. Travelodge the cheapest (we wait for the £19.00 a night offers) Whitehall expensive, Woodlands Hotel reasonable with pub downstairs. Apart from that, not a lot in blackburn.

American swears by the Fernhurst.

Memo to the 9 Sycophants:

After kissing the owners' feet and grovelling to them in thanks for this unexpected freebie remember to tell them their ownership of Blackburn Rovers to date is generally seen in the town as a disaster and the manager they appointed and apparently regard as unsackable is useless.

Enjoy the sights and sounds of India: it's a magical place if you can cope with constant diarrhoea.

I love to see those take off again. In this day an age it must EASIER to do them than ever before. Hell, if anyone wants a website and forum subsection to help start organising a local unofficial branch, we'll sort it for free (we've just started doing it for the NYC boys in fact).

I always stay at the Fernhurst - car park, good pub and food and OK rooms. Just about value for money. Nevermind that its an ''away supporters'' pub I've not had a problem. Also a very short walk to Ewood Park.

After kissing the owners' feet and grovelling to them in thanks for this unexpected freebie remember to tell them their ownership of Blackburn Rovers to date is generally seen in the town as a disaster and the manager they appointed and apparently regard as unsackable is useless.

Enjoy the sights and sounds of India: it's a magical place if you can cope with constant diarrhoea.

Well they've been reading your posts for years......... :P

Sorry, that was an open goal waiting to be scored.

You'd turn down a free trip to India? I certainly wouldn't, who knows if they'd ever have the chance to visit the place again in their lives.

I dont think that the Pune 9 are a true representitive section of the views of the Fans, and I dont think they should think themselves to be representing all fans either. They can really only represent themselves and ask questions for themselves - if that happens to also include others feelings, then thats fine too.

They have been asked to go personally, as a starter to start to try to change things around, and as people who openly help out the club for no personal reward, I would say its great for them personally.

The only things I ask of the Pune 9 are:

They ask Venkys to have an open meeting with the fans at a Q&A at Ewood as soon as they can do, so that other fans have their opportunity of interaction too.

They give an open account of how things went, when they get back. I understand that they may be given info that is not for general consumption, but openess on other issues would help.

I'd never claim to represent all the fans. All I can claim is I can represent fans like me (which is probably just me) but I'm aware of (mainly through this fourm) a the wide range of alternative view points that exist on any topic and feel they have a right to be considered too*.

(* Except Drog's view on Lancashire United)

Being abusive to those who have been invited to India is totally out of order. No need for it at all. They do not deserve that at all.

he isn't a member of the fans forum and therefore is not one of the chosen few

Thats wrong then, they should at least have the courtesy to ask him if he'd like to go, for all the time, money, energy and devotion that he puts into supporting the club.

But that wouldn't have been right for some either. Whatever method was chosen for the selection of fans would irk some.

We are representing Blackburn Rovers and Blackburn in a different country. Why should anyone want to pass over a chance to do that? And yes, each and every one of us appreciates that we are fortunate to be able to do so.

I'll certainly tell Balaji about Birdie when I see him. Anyone who does as much as a Blackburn Rovers fan as Birdie does deserves a mention. Respect.

It seems plenty of people on here were very happy for a couple of individuals to organise a protest march and "represent" Blackburn fans when it suits but then quite the opposite when it doesn't. I'm also sick to death of people saying on here that the silence from Venky's has been deafening, that they don't communicate or engage in the way that the club used to, yet when they appear to be trying that's not good enough either. I'm afraid some of this is hypocrisy, and some of it is sour grapes, and some of it is simply that people have made their minds up and won't be changed.

Being abusive to those who have been invited to India is totally out of order. No need for it at all. They do not deserve that at all.

How pathetic can you get ?

Stage-managed tourist trip into the heart of the evil empire for a carefully selected chosen few none of whom are likely to have the gumption to ask the "difficult" questions that need answering. If the owners want to meet the real fans and find their true feelings a good old Q and A session at a venue In Blackburn would enlighten them - so what are they are afraid of ?

How pathetic can you get ?

Stage-managed tourist trip into the heart of the evil empire for a carefully selected chosen few none of whom are likely to have the gumption to ask the "difficult" questions that need answering. If the owners want to meet the real fans and find their true feelings a good old Q and A session at a venue In Blackburn would enlighten them - so what are they are afraid of ?

Well it appears that I am not as pathetic as you. Why do the people invited deserve to receive abuse from posters like you. All they have done is receive an invite and accepted it.

Have you thought that there maybe venky's have a reason why they want supporters to go to India. One which we may find out when the 9 return from their visit.

We have no reason whatsoever to consider the trip to be stage managed. Why have an open Q & A from supporters. You have shown by your posts that all they would receive is abuse from some supporters. Calling them evil etc, helps nobody.

What other owner of a football club has invited some supporters to come and visit them.

I have many things that I am critical of the owners - but this one I am not. As yet we do not know the full reason.

Maybe, venkys want to show what plans they have for gaining support for the club in India. How they want to spread the interest of football in India. Until the 9 folk come back and share what happens etc there is no reason to condemn the trip - and no reason at all to abuse those going.

Nobody apart from those going, know what questions they will ask or not ask.

It seems plenty of people on here were very happy for a couple of individuals to organise a protest march and "represent" Blackburn fans when it suits but then quite the opposite when it doesn't. I'm also sick to death of people saying on here that the silence from Venky's has been deafening, that they don't communicate or engage in the way that the club used to, yet when they appear to be trying that's not good enough either. I'm afraid some of this is hypocrisy, and some of it is sour grapes, and some of it is simply that people have made their minds up and won't be changed.

Well put roverthehill.

I dont think that the Pune 9 are a true representitive section of the views of the Fans, and I dont think they should think themselves to be representing all fans either. They can really only represent themselves and ask questions for themselves - if that happens to also include others feelings, then thats fine too.

They have been asked to go personally, as a starter to start to try to change things around, and as people who openly help out the club for no personal reward, I would say its great for them personally.

The only things I ask of the Pune 9 are:

They ask Venkys to have an open meeting with the fans at a Q&A at Ewood as soon as they can do, so that other fans have their opportunity of interaction too.

They give an open account of how things went, when they get back. I understand that they may be given info that is not for general consumption, but openess on other issues would help.

If that is the case then they should not be given it, this and future meetings have to be on record, otherwise IMO they would be a waste of time.

i'd love to know why i got a -1 off someone when i simply stated a fact, which was already stated by ricky!

does the person care to explain their reason?

I think its somebody who has found the +/- buttons for the first time, given they've also give +'s to posts that agree with yours.

I see a few of the complainants and it's immoral brigade now suddenly seem interested in joining the Fans Forum........ :rolleyes:

People have been picked as they attend a forum which by the sounds of it discusses some pretty dull, but I have to say important matters which the majority of us probably moan about but that is all we do....

....as for the I'm a better supporter etc, I for one do not know how much time, effort and money the 9 put into the club.

As much as you can from only knowing them on here, I trust people like Glenn, RoversMum, FernhurstRover. In the main whilst I may not always agree they do seem to come across well and respect others opinion even if it differs. That is all I can ask.

Anyway, we do not know what will come from this, it could all be a flop and end up just being a free holiday for the 9 or it could be the start of a Venkys Rovers revolution. IMO it will probably be somewhere in-between but it is a start.

As for why not hold the meeting in Blackburn, if Rovers are out there playing what better way to get the local interest than having some real fans supporting and interacting with the locals :rover:

To the Pune 9 go and do us proud, if it's not good enough for some so what. Maybe if they spent less time moaning and tried to make a difference then they may well have been on that plane......

Archived