BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Pune trip

only2garners

Old Jim's alright on here Mike..... it's ICBINF where his limitations become clear. If he stayed off it his reputation would be greatly enhanced. Who knows some might even come to quite like the sad old git.

I will let you know next time I am in England, might even buy him and you a pint,

subject to approval from the MB members of course

:D

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As has been said, we go to represent Blackburn Rovers, the club, the fans and the town, and we will all do that to the best of our ability.

I'm sure you will be a fine representative but will you ask the hard questions - the questions that might upset your hosts ?

Quite simply, there is nothing that might come out of this meeting in Pune, that couldn't be achieved at a meeting in Blackburn.

Two/three people travelling to Blackburn (and return) v nine to Pune (and return) says it all. It's about having the discussion on "my turf".

I pose the question again-If anybody else wanted to go and ask questions of the Venkys with the chosen few and were happy to pay their way-would the Venkys be happy to speak to them?

If so I suggest a whip round and get Phil/Nodrog/Jim to tag along.

If not then I suggest their motivation for the meeting may be revealed.

Quite simply, there is nothing that might come out of this meeting in Pune, that couldn't be achieved at a meeting in Blackburn.

Two/three people travelling to Blackburn (and return) v nine to Pune (and return) says it all. It's about having the discussion on "my turf".

Same applies to Kean's trips, closed doors and all that!

Thats wrong then, they should at least have the courtesy to ask him if he'd like to go, for all the time, money, energy and devotion that he puts into supporting the club.

Birdie and three others are travelling independently to India for the game.

I think it is extremely short sighted of some folk who would seemingly prefer a group of fans go over screaming at the owners and possibly risking cutting all ties in the future.

BRFC has its base in Lancashire. This is the place for meetings/discussions/information exchange etc. The rest is PR.

I hope those that go enjoy it as they are being rewarded for being active BRFC supporters.

Personally, I see nothing wrong with members of the Fans Forum being invited to India. They are a group that is known to the club and who have worked on non-footballing issues - which is the remit of the forum - for many years. I don't for one minute believe that the point of the trip is for fans to go out to Indian and give the owners an earbashing about their choice of manager. I would assume it is about how the fans and owners work together in improving facilities and communication etc at the club. It seems that members of the Fans Forum are the logical choice for such a trip. If the owners also spell out their vision for the club, all well and good, and I'm sure that those on the trip will relay whatever information they are given back to the fans via minutes of the subsequent Forum meetings or via this website.

I think that there have been a number of red herrings thrown into the mix on this issue. It would appear that members of other website forums have taken issue with the fact that a number of the people going on the trip are members of BRFCS. I fail to see how that is an issue. If members of other websites wish to join the Fans Forum they are free to put their name down on the waiting list. The Fans Forum - and I hasten to add that I am not a member - has had a section on the official website for many years and the minutes have been published for all to see. It is hardly a secret organisation - we are not talking about a Masonic Lodge here.

Where I think a mistake has been made with regard to this trip is the secrecy surrounding it and it's hardly been a well kept secret. A few of us - all non-members of the Fans Forum - were discussing the proposed trip by the Forum members to India at the last reserve game as it was already being talked about within the town. Personally I don't think keeping it quiet has been helpful as people automatically become suspicious of anything that appears to being done on a strictly need to know basis.

The other mistake, and this I think is by far the biggest issue, is the fact that in trying to keep the Fans Forum trip secret the club have also delayed the announcement of the game in Pune. We all know that there are a group of fans who haven't missed a game anywhere in the world for the best part of 30 years and yet they have been kept in the dark about the forthcoming game in Pune. The official announcement on Monday, and I suspect it may well have been delayed until later but for it appearing in a national newspaper, has left them with very little time to make the necessary travelling arrangements. These aren't fans looking for a free trip, these are guys who pay their own way and would willingly pay to travel to Pune to watch the Rovers. If they were to end up missing out on this game because of the paranoia surrounding the Forum trip, then the whole thing becomes yet another PR own goal - but then again I suspect the last thing that anybody thought about was the fans who might want to travel to India under their own steam to watch their team.

A question please which I feel is crucial for the Pune 9 to ask. It is not controversial and has a simple "yes / no" answer. I've said this before and received no response and will be like a dog with a bone on it until we find out.

In the past Blackburn Rovers official, audited accounts have been in the public domain, via Companies House, for any supporter to access and read.

Following the change of ownership will we continue to see published accounts or is the club now a part of a much wider accounting set up that we, the fans, will not be able to access?

Much has been written and said about the Venky's "investment" in BRFC. It is my personal belief that other than making the purchase no increased investment or finance has been made available to the club. Several people who I respect tell me the Raos have stated real investment has been made. Until I see the accounts and can read the club's financial situation for myself I will remain unconvinced.

There is no reason why the question shouldn't be asked. The answer will be interesting. Only four / five months to go till we usually see published accounts

" If they were to end up missing out on this game because of the paranoia surrounding the Forum trip, then the whole thing becomes yet another PR own goal - but then again I suspect the last thing that anybody thought about was the fans who might want to travel to India under their own steam to watch their team.

"

+1

When did Venkys claim to be meeting disgruntled fans I haven't seen anything from them yet.

In that case the club will presumably ask the Telegraph (any any other media outlets who also get it wrong) to put the record straight. If not, I will assume that they are happy for the fans to believe that it is true.

I pose the question again-If anybody else wanted to go and ask questions of the Venkys with the chosen few and were happy to pay their way-would the Venkys be happy to speak to them?

If so I suggest a whip round and get Phil/Nodrog/Jim to tag along.If not then I suggest their motivation for the meeting may be revealed.

No thanks..can't think of three I'd like less to go as 'representatives' of us all. I'm more than happy with those going and can't believe the spiteful,churlish mutterings of some on here..

Archived