BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Pune trip

only2garners

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It is not the fault of the pune9 if they are unable to meet the owners. It is down to the owners to make themselves available to be spoken too.

I believe that the pune9 will do and say what they can and when they can.

The whole point of the exercise WAS TO MEET THE OWNERS and tell them what a bunch of numpties they've been so far. If they don't have ANY meetings whatsoever with the owners then it's just a jolly and they've sold their blue n white soul to the devil. That's how strongly I feel about this!!

Is anyone watching this game?

If so, can you give us updates :)

i am and yes,

nothing of note at the moment, roberts missed one v one after a delightful through ball from yakubu

couple of wasteful long distance attempts from rochina

pune down to 10 men after 14 mins

I think people are going way over the top about what the Pune9 are meant to actually do while they are over in India. All they have done is accept a free trip to India to watch Rovers. There seems a lot of jealousy and now disapproval that they have not managed to speak to the owners. Like others have mentioned it is not their fault and I am sure they are doing their best to try and make that happen. There would be no Rovers fan that would have rejected the chance to go to India for free (work permitting).

People who felt so strongly about the trip and who think they could have made a difference over India, then why did you not pay off your own back and go over with them as I am sure you would have had the same opportunity then to meet the owners? It is all good slagging them off back in England in front of your PC, but apart from a select few such as Glen Mullan who right or wrong are organising protests, fans meeting etc, a lot of others are whinging about the Pune9 based out pure jealously (that they did not get a free trip) and not actually doing anything constructive about it.

I am sure they will be doing Rovers fans proud, they do a work for Rovers in their spare time so deserve a free trip and will conduct themselves in the proper way given they are on foreign soil. If they do not get to speak to the owners then nothing is lost, it actually strengthens the position that Venky's are out of touch with the real Rovers fans. It would be Venky's who missed out on an ideal opportunity to smooth things over with the fans, not the other way round.

its a bit weird, that the pune9 are supposed to be representatives for us fans. Personally i havent asked to be represented by others and certainly noy by some, who didnt have the sense to make some demands regarding itinary and a meeting with the owners or even come up with a Plan, prior to the trip.

Had they said, (Please don't use that word again) no, we wont be apart of your circus act and be used as a pr tool, you come over here and have a talk with the fans, then they would have taken a stance, where i would have agreed to be represented by others.

IMO this trip is purely a V exercise in publicity and those who went, are being used and abused. They get a free trip, will probably be rejected like the indian rovers fans did, in regads to a formal meeting and afterwards left with more anal pain, then sarah young and jenna jameseon combined, from all the bending over during the trip.

Should the pune9 even get close to one of the V´s and have a chance to tell about their concerns, who here really believes, that the V´s would give a ######.?

There have been protests, banners, chants, etc, etc, etc. So you tell me, how 9, should/could change the opinions of the V´s, with the article in LT in mind.

Teams just came out.. Teams are as follows.. - samba yah aley rochina formica robers jr givet nzonzi bunnbibero.

Who is Yah? Yak(ubu)?

Bunn

Ribeiro Samba N'Zonzi Givet

Hoilett Formica Rochina Aley

Yakubu Roberts

Is that it? Definitely has the look of a pre-season friendly team!

The Rovers' Team is:

Bunn, Samba, Givet, Ribeiro, Aley, Hoilett, Nzonzi, Rochina, Formica, Roberts and Yakubu.

I am also informed that there is a 'Kean Out' banner behind one of the goals.

A 'Kean Out' banner?

fcuking Brilliant.

Archived