BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Pune trip

only2garners

Yeesh give them a break. If someone invites you to their country, pays for your visit and makes a big effort to show you around then you don't start interogating them at the first opportunity. There are things that rank above football and human decency/politeness is one of them. I'm sure the FF will raise all the necessary points if given the opportunity. If they're not given the opportunity then you can hardly blame them can you? The FF behaving like belligerent children out there won't get us anywhere. The more sensible and reasonable they come across, the more likely they are to be listened to.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just cant fathom out why the members of the FF didnt agree an agenda before agreeing to travel?

Travelling 5000 miles in the hope of a 15 minute meeting, where football may or may not be discussed, and where the manager most certainly wont, seems bizarre to me. Surely the FF members have ended up inadvertantly stroking the Venys ego?

I am so confused by this whole charade.....................

Pete,

They just wanted a free holiday it seems, no one has the balls to say anything. Put me in front of those clowns and I will tell them exactly where they are going wrong and how to resolve it and ease the fans and get them off their case

Boys trying to do mens work

meanwhile Rome is burning

Lets remember the FF would find it difficult to set the agenda / itinerary. Ultimately they can only accept what is offered. If Venky's do not offer a meeting this is NOT the fault of the FF.

Kamy will vouch for how difficult it is to pin down Mrs Desai even when a UK meeting is arranged. He chased her half-way round Lancashire from what I recall and I'm not sure if he was successful or not even then.

Glenn - at some point in your conversations with them can you let them know about this site - give em a business card or something(?!) They need to know the strength of feeling and one look on this site will leave them in no doubt about that.

Pete,

They just wanted a free holiday it seems, no one has the balls to say anything. Put me in front of those clowns and I will tell them exactly where they are going wrong and how to resolve it and ease the fans and get them off their case

Lee,

I am gutted because they are representing me and you - I would never have set foot out of the house without an agenda, let alone travel 5000 miles in hope.

All of you having a go at the FF members need to take a good look at yourselves.

Rather than slagging off these fans that actually try and make the club better for their fellow fans, why don't you just wait and see what the outcome is.

They are united with what they will tell the Rao's when the time is right.

And if the Rao's don't grant them an audience, and the whole thing turns into a farce, it won't be their fault.

But it will be in their power to speak to SKysports news / The Times / The Sun etc if they are not granted an audience. (And I can set this up very easily)

PAPR - make no mistake, if you try and crisis manage your way out of this by gagging people, the repercussions will be far more damaging.

Pete,

That's just plain out of order. I only hope you publically apologise by the end of the trip

All of you having a go at the FF members need to take a good look at yourselves.

Rather than slagging off these fans that actually try and make the club better for their fellow fans, why don't you just wait and see what the outcome is.

And if the Rao's don't grant them an audience, and the whole thing turns into a farce, it won't be their fault.

But it will be in their power to speak to SKysports news / The Times / The Sun etc if they are not granted an audience. (And I can set this up very easily)

PAPR - make no mistake, if you try and crisis manage your way out of this by gagging people, the repercussions will be far more damaging.

That's just plain out of order. I only hope you publically apologise by the end of the trip

By the end of this trip our football club will be in deeper ######

FYI Glenn, Mr Roversmum has just been interviewed on SSN. Only a few seconds, but it sounded [i didn't pick it all up] like he was giving support to Venky's vision of making rovers a global exposure. I don't know if there was another part to his interview that wasn't broadcast.

Maybe someone else heard it better than me.

SKHToad, nobody is expecting them to behave like 'beligerent children'. Just that if they have a chance, they will air the views of the fanbase.

If as Glenn says they have tried and failed to get something arranged then Venky's agenda is fairly clear.

Im referring to the owners as clowns not the FF's. I hope Im proved wrong in that they get chance to voice the majority of the fans concerns about the current setup but I dont think it will happen and we will just see pictures of them with the owners in a split second meeting followed up by a bull story that they sat down and talked in depth about the clubs problems. I cna tell you waht the problems are from my office writing this: STEVE KEAN IS THE F'IN PROBLEM

Lets remember the FF would find it difficult to set the agenda / itinerary. Ultimately they can only accept what is offered. If Venky's do not offer a meeting this is NOT the fault of the FF.

Kamy will vouch for how difficult it is to pin down Mrs Desai even when a UK meeting is arranged. He chased her half-way round Lancashire from what I recall and I'm not sure if he was successful or not even then.

Would it then not have been more appropriate to ask for a meeting with the owners before travelling to India?

Whilst I agree you can’t start stamping your feet and making demands, but surely this should have been a condition of making the trip, if not why go?

It looks to me the fans are just there for Venky's own personal agenda. Showing off to the media (both India and abroad) they have invited fans over and that everything is OK and fans are fully behind Venky's vision and indirectly Kean. The fans over there have their hands somewhat tied behind their backs. If they cannot meet with the owners personally or will not let their feelings known over there they will most likely fly back empty handed having had nothing more then a great trip.

Would it then not have been more appropriate to ask for a meeting with the owners before travelling to India?

Whilst I agree you can’t start stamping your feet and making demands, but surely this should have been a condition of making the trip, if not why go?

Yes, yes quite agree. I posted days ago I felt the FF as a body should have turned down the invitation and asked for a meeting at Ewood. Given the FF decided to go it's difficult for them to set / change the itinerary.

If no worthwhile meeting takes place the questions should be asked of Venky's as to why and why the trip took place.

My main concern is people many of us know and like are getting grief for things which are not really in their control. Mind you I suspect they are all big enough to handle it.

It seems to me that if Venkys don't grant the fans the opportunity to meet and voice their concerns then that can equally be spun to the press as bad PR for Venkys. If the whole trip is a PR exercise that would completely invalidate it. Hence I do think they will get their chance. Whether Venkys listen is the real nub of the issue

I can`t believe that people are having a pop at the fans forum.The Fans Forum have to build a relationship first with Venky`s rather than the Fans Forum just going over there shouting and balling at folk which would end up with Venky`s putting up a brick wall.Let the 2 groups get to know each other and then the Fans Forum can ask the questions and hopefully get the answers we want as well.

Venky`s will have been used to having a bunch of `yes men` around them for years,I doubt very much that they will be used to having to answer to awkward questions like this before.

As the proverb goes `There is more than one way to skin a cat`,we just need to make sure we have the right way.

Yes, yes quite agree. I posted days ago I felt the FF as a body should have turned down the invitation and asked for a meeting at Ewood. Given the FF decided to go it's difficult for them to set / change the itinerary.

If no worthwhile meeting takes place the questions should be asked of Venky's as to why and why the trip took place.

My main concern is people many of us know and like are getting grief for things which are not really in their control. Mind you I suspect they are all big enough to handle it.

My sentiments exactly, but I do think they've brought some of the flack on themselves.

Much of this we discussed on this thread a week ago. The good news is were now on the coach to head to the ground to actually watch some football. A much needed distraction

If you get withing talking distance of Kean will you ask him politely to resign? See what his response is.

My sentiments exactly, but I do think they've brought some of the flack on themselves.

Mine too. Things should've been discussed prior to accepting or going on the trip. Nothing personal against anyone on the FF. But I fear this is an opportunity wasted.

Bacup, nobody is saying they should go screaming and shouting and as the FF regulary meet club officials anyway, we wouldn't expect them to.

Exactly-----we simply want the truth to be put to them calmly and firmly. That's what best friends are for.

Its their duty to do that, however uncomfortable. If not its just a free holiday for PR purposes and our club's plight is no nearer resolution.

Archived