BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Pune trip

only2garners

Pune trip just been on Granda reports,

The Pune9 say they won't be discussing on the pitch activity or Steve Kean, and they seem to be having a good time,

At least that has been cleared up, and hopefully on their return the club will have a real meeting where these issues can be discussed.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Pune9 say they won't be discussing on the pitch activity or Steve Kean, and they seem to be having a good time,

At least that has been cleared up, and hopefully on their return the club will have a real meeting where these issues can be discussed.

Ah excellent. Good to see they're happy to be used as part of the PR machine by Venky's and lap up the free hospitality.

Complete waste of time then. FFS Venkys will not listen.

They should demand to have a full and frank discussion with the owners. It's not much to ask.

As someone who wasn't against their going if they actually had the balls to get up and do something, I'm very disappointed in them.

If they leave Pune without even making much of an effort to represent the views of the fans they will have let us all down. It appears they're throwing in the towel on that front already.

This whole "I'll be honest if I'm asked" stuff is bullshit. They need to make the utmost effort to make that chance happen. They're getting a free holiday out of it FFS.

We knew that before they went.

Did anyone expect any different?

This trip is neither here nor there, now the lid is off the fanbase, WE are the ones making our voices heard and doing our bit.

I would have loved to have seen the 9 sitting down with the owners and fighting the fans corner when it is REALLY needed, but the mood music from those going, 'well, we'll se what happens, you've got to be polite, not sure there will be a sit down' made it pretty clear that nothing would happen.

I just hpe we don't get subjected to a load of 'WOW, the plans they have are amazing' when the club is rapidly going down the toilet at home.

It looks like part of the Marketing machine to take fans from forum who won't intentionally risk their place on the forum by speaking up,

But at least the FF Chairman has said today its not a football related visit, what it achieves I don't know? It may help the fans forum, but helping to ease the rest of the supporters fears it will not.

Venkys have got their wish of making things look rosie in the garden to their own, and do they really care what is happening in Blackburn to 100,000 people? Probably not.

If this works for Venkys in Marketing terms then thats good for them, But if they then take that as job done, and take no notice of what is happening on the pitch then we have serious problems.

I hope the guys over there enjoy their Hoilday and come home safe and sound,

The fight here continues and an open fans meeting will be held in the week leading upto the Spurs match, I will post details when venue and time confirmed

Failing to raise the single biggest issue concerning fans at the moment is absolutely disgraceful.

There's an old saying which goes "there's no such thing as a free lunch".

And in this case, there's no such thing as a free holiday. They're going to represent the views of us all, not just to accept the free hospitality, and if they've been denied this opportunity they should at least attempt to fight for it.

If that is what they're interested in doing of course, as they claimed before going.

Of course, they could make an ultimatum, ask to meet the owners properly or fly home early, thus creating great embarassment to Venky's. Fans flying home from the trip would arguably cause a much bigger stir than fans simply not going, especially in the Indian media.

But something tells me they won't be doing this.

No surprise. Although one of the 9 spoke to my parents and because he was worried about taking time off work and wasting his time, was assured it would be an all-out, nothing off limits and frank discussion. If this has changed I can imagine he'll be fuming and not enjoying his "holiday".

Edit: Just seen SteB's reply so this post may have been a little premature.

It looks like part of the Marketing machine to take fans from forum who won't intentionally risk their place on the forum by speaking up,

But at least the FF Chairman has said today its not a football related visit, what it achieves I don't know? It may help the fans forum, but helping to ease the rest of the supporters fears it will not.

Venkys have got their wish of making things look rosie in the garden to their own, and do they really care what is happening in Blackburn to 100,000 people? Probably not.

If this works for Venkys in Marketing terms then thats good for them, But if they then take that as job done, and take no notice of what is happening on the pitch then we have serious problems.

The fight here continues and an open fans meeting will be held in the week leading upto the Spurs match, I will post details when venue and time confirmed

You're taking two lines of material taken from 15 minutes of interviews to spin your own story to suit your own agenda. Anyway back to enjoying the holiday.

The way its going ,the next thing we will see,is them paraded down the main street in

pune on the back of eliphants with banners saying Steve keans blue & white army

and Venkys for ever.blush.gif

• Backroom

There have been various Intrerviews today with different people. I did one for the India times and expressed that the fans want more communication with the club and the concerns with the manager. Others did 15-30 minute interviews but as we know some press members may want to spin a story either way.

We have seen Venky very briefly by chance at his temple today but being an important Hindu holiday it would be simply wrong to accost him there.

The chairman of the fans forum has requested a full meeting with the owners this week but we are yet to get a response.

Explains alot...`

Thought they couldnt "be bought?" The protests really need to pump up a level!

Venkys will see the Pune9 all happy and enjoying themselves and because theyre as

deluded as Kean they will think they stand for all of us! It just backs up to utter rubbish Keans been spouting about everyone backing him!

The Fans Forum are suppose to represent us the fans, Whats the point?

You're taking two lines of material taken from 15 minutes of interviews to spin your own story to suit your own agenda. Anyway back to enjoying the holiday.

why is there no + or - option on your posts?

Why are you surprised?

The FF don't discuss 'on the field' topics. Some would suggest that's why they were picked in the first place by Venky's or the board down at Ewood.

Agenda???????

Yep thats right, I do have an agenda, its called "Saving our club from RUIN", Can't claim it to be my own though, as I think the majority of supporters have the same agenda.

What your agenda is? I don't know because I have not see you join the Kean out brigade.

We ain't in India and we can only go off what is being reported, they interviewed your Chairperson, and he said "You are not there to discuss football of Steve Kean" , So unless you are telling me he is telling lies, I think you best ask him what he said...

And thats why this thread should be closed now because its quite simply just a personal "holiday" for the folk invoved.

No offence meant, I would have gone out there as well as I would love to visit India. Good luck and stay safe.

Archived