SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Pune trip

only2garners

Interesting letter from the LT I thought (under a photo of the "Pune 9") :

showbiz says...

10:19am Wed 5 Oct 11

Hmmmmm...

I know a couple of these (Haworth & Duckworth) and it's safe to say they fall into the 'Rovers Fan' camp.

Having now spent spent several hours in the presence of messers Haworth and Duckworth all I can say is ..... you can't know them as well as you think you do Mr LET reader

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Having now spent spent several hours in the presence of messers Haworth and Duckworth all I can say is ..... you can't know them as well as you think you do Mr LET reader

Thought you'd gone to bed.

Is the local curry good(assuming you had curry for dinner)or has it kept you up all night?

In my opinion Venkys will not listen to what the Pune 9 have to say anyway.

After reading Venkatesh saying we have a talented manager who is here for the long term tonight i have zero confidence in our owners.

the current poll has just 15% of our fans supporting the owners, the fan's have had enough of their ownership and they have brought it all on themselves

shame on you venkys

If what the chairperson said is true that you won't be discussing football issue's, then why have you flown 5000 miles to talk about smoke alarms in the toilets at the Blackburn End?

Just asking

well tomorrow is a new day I've seen the future

Rao: "So Glenn what do you think about the team?"

Glenn: "Well to be honest 95% of fans on our forum are massively concerned with the manager he's a nice fella, but I just think you should know that fans think he is very misleading and to put it brutually he's taken advantage of your trust and made promises he cant deliever and has no experience to back his promises up. He's out of his depth."

"I think it's only fair you know fans feel this way that Kean talks a good game is convincing, but it's clear he has been very poor and can't see his own failures, you should consider his position carely.

This is the best advice you'll ever get, ever."

You clearly stated it was "My agenda", Why would ITV Have an agenda? They are there at great expense to report the news,

You are right about 30 minute interviews being cut to 15 seconds, but you guys should of known when going in front of the camera that what you said they would report, Although you personally have not been on the TV giving interviews and no-one else bar the chairperson and Venkatash Rao has. This is how its being reported here, not sure how its being reported on TV there, but every Indian article on net, mirror images this, a draws a picture that Steve Kean is the golden child.

Granada said they will have more tomorrow, We will wait with baited breath.

If what the chairperson said is true that you won't be discussing football issue's, then why have you flown 5000 miles to talk about smoke alarms in the toilets at the Blackburn End?

Just asking

Take into account, the media are trying hard to play us (and certainly not in a Pro Venky's way). I believe Tom entirely unintentional dismissed a local Rovers fan as based on his questions he dismissed him as yet another journo. Everyone is so careful about what they say to who. As mentioned in my previous post, if we wanted to communicate with Venky's (and the fans) via news outlets, we could have done that from home. But the press are desperate for a story, so will invent one where there is a close approximation.

I can't convey how annoyed I am at the press at the moment.

Take into account, the media are trying hard to play us (and certainly not in a Pro Venky's way). I believe Tom entirely unintentional dismissed a local Rovers fan as based on his questions he dismissed him as yet another journo. Everyone is so careful about what they say to who. As mentioned in my previous post, if we wanted to communicate with Venky's (and the fans) via news outlets, we could have done that from home. But the press are desperate for a story, so will invent one where there is a close approximation.

Time to take the gloves off

Ours are borne out of frustration that the many good point we mentioned in many interviews didnt get over here. Make it looks like we are taking the ###### out of you lot, when that completetly not true.

Please remember, stuff can be taken out of context, and there are a hell of a lot of press out here trying to trip us up. !

Perhaps you should curb any positive comments when interviewed and only give out negative ones.

That cuts out the possibility of cherry picking.

After reading Glens post I think I've mis-interpreted your post

Thought you'd gone to bed.

Is the local curry good(assuming you had curry for dinner)or has it kept you up all night?

Had a selection of curried dishes last night, the chicken was especially good (near amazing, though Tom was worried it was a little under cooked). Tonight we hit the Italian restaurant in the hotel, a superb mixed cold meat platter, followed by (for me) brazed lamb, which I really enjoyed. Most other people had pizza. The India white wine was a pleasant surprise.

No Deli-Belly here yet.

See .... if all interviews were like this, I'd be much less reluctant to do them :D

Lets hope so eh?

No need to hope. I know how both Neil and Martin feel.

The best thing the Pune 9 can do is to come home with immediate effect and give a damming presser both at the departure airport and on arrival back in Manchester.

India and the UK need to know in no uncertain terms what the hell is going on at our club under Venky's.

This is a absolute f**king joke

Our club is burning and you guys out there now have the best chance out of any of us to make the owners realize this... Tell it as it is and stuff the diplomatic ######... Use all the media attention to your advantage, press the message home that we want Kean out in no uncertain terms.

I know Martin and Julie and can honestly say if Martin gets a chance to say something he most certainly will!

Infact Glenn and SteB will back me up.....They probably wont be able to stop him talking! :lol:

I may have jumped the gun a little and apologise for that but Granada made it look like Mr Wareing

was the spokesperson and he said that there wouldnt be any communication regarding Kean etc. That was

the only Interview shown involving the fans!

Ps buy me a Pune shirt and I might pay you back... :tu:

• Backroom

To expand on a comment Glenn made - unclejack28 let me apologise if I came off as rude yesterday, an incident with a journalist shortly before had made me wary and I thought you may have been a colleague.

Hopefully I will see you today.

As for the talk about flying home straight away, why would we do that? It wouldn't make an iota of difference or be beneficial in any way, I still hope this trip can e a success for the club, it's certainly been an eye opener for me this is a fascinating country some of the things we've seen defied logic

Glenn thanks for taking the time to give us all an update on the trip to date. I know the press attitude will not be a surprise to anyone, this is after all how these guys earn a living. It's a real shame people have to be do guarded when talking to any form of media.

One point I'm surprised by, and you may already be aware of, is the new level of hostility and disbelief this trip (I mean the whole trip not just the FF) has created at home.

Other clubs' have asked me about the whole trip and the FF aspect and are quite frankly incredulous a club in our position have gone to Indis at this point.

Locally the trip is being poorly received and I think has ratcheted up the anger at Rovers position by several points. Add to this the poll running on here at the moment - BTW I was really surprised to see that go up - showing only 15% of voters currently support Venky's and a potentially explosive and disastrous situation is building up.

If Venky's fail to address the issues we face inthe next two weeks and the team continue to perform poorly I think it highly likely we will see anti-Venky's chanting at the Spurs game.

Should this happen the gulf between the support and the owners and manager may become too great to bridge. Football fans are herd animals and once an opinion gathers momentum it's very hard to reverse. If the Raos loose the crowd the current difficulties will only escalate.

It appears to me the Raos have about two weeks to correct things and steady the ship.

Looking forward to reading the "official" FF views when you all return.

What time is kick off today, GMT?

Where is the match thread? Who hasn't done the preview?

what we previewing? I havent got a clue whats actually happening! :lol: #

Who's Pune FC best player? What Kit do they play in? What league are they in?

Well (Please don't use that word again) this India trip, and the Pune game. This is bloody ridiculous, because if it has become just a holiday for the Pune 9 , then its time that we forget about protests etc. We can't he voicing our anger, only for the 9 to be

there over there and not saying anything. If it takes Kammy to pay for his own trip, to go and raise the concerns with the owners,.then we should salute him. The Pune9 should never have accepted this gift, if they were not going to discuss all these burning issues.

What time is kick off today, GMT?

Where is the match thread? Who hasn't done the preview?

Are we playing today, didn't know we have a match.

trying to 'play you' but not in a pro Venky's way?

So they are trying to get negative comments? Good! That's exactly what needs saying. You will NEVER get a better chance to help the club.

Well (Please don't use that word again) this India trip, and the Pune game. This is bloody ridiculous, because if it has become just a holiday for the Pune 9 , then its time that we forget about protests etc. We can't he voicing our anger, only for the 9 to be

there over there and not saying anything. If it takes Kammy to pay for his own trip, to go and raise the concerns with the owners,.then we should salute him. The Pune9 should never have accepted this gift, if they were not going to discuss all these burning issues.

Are we playing today, didn't know we have a match.

I'll second this!!

In my opinion Venkys will not listen to what the Pune 9 have to say anyway.

After reading Venkatesh saying we have a talented manager who is here for the long term tonight i have zero confidence in our owners.

the current poll has just 15% of our fans supporting the owners, the fan's have had enough of their ownership and they have brought it all on themselves

shame on you venkys

I'm starting to think why should Venky's believe the fans over there when it seems the vast majority on here don't believe them?

I still think this is a great opportunity for the fans to get over the issues and frustrations DIRECTLY to the owners. The press will spin things - they always have done and they always will. At the end of the day though, if the fans get to tell the owners what they actually think face to face, in a reasoned and adult way, then it will had been worthwhile.

Archived