BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Pune trip

only2garners

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If they cannot meet with the owners personally or will not let their feelings known over there they will most likely fly back empty handed having had nothing more then a great trip.

They did meet with one of the owners personally. At his temple. Apparently they felt it was an inappropriate time/place to raise concerns, even though they had been brought there (presumably) to meet with him.

I'm struggling to see how anything positive will come of this trip.

They did meet with one of the owners personally. At his temple. Apparently they felt it was an inappropriate time/place to raise concerns, even though they had been brought there (presumably) to meet with him.

I'm struggling to see how anything positive will come of this trip.

I would have thought that it was a most appropiate place, if the situation carries on we will need devine intervention

How many more inapropriate places will they meet in before it is time to come home from holiday

Absolutely nothing for the Rovers, plenty for the Venky's.

We all knew that though

Indeed Aggy - but lets not forget what the formum members told us earlier on this thread:

"Nobody has yet come up with a valid reason not to go on this trip" ;)

To be fair, even if any of them did approach the owners about the current state of the club, you can be sure they'd only hear:

"Kean is a lovely man, positive man. He is working very hard. The club is progressing for the long-term. We have much vision for the club. Oh, look, is that Ganesha!?" *runs away*

Lets remember the FF would find it difficult to set the agenda / itinerary. Ultimately they can only accept what is offered. If Venky's do not offer a meeting this is NOT the fault of the FF.

Kamy will vouch for how difficult it is to pin down Mrs Desai even when a UK meeting is arranged. He chased her half-way round Lancashire from what I recall and I'm not sure if he was successful or not even then.

Correct and that is the very reason why they should not have gone.

So far, and it's very doubtful that it will now happen, the Pune 9 have not had any impact on our owners.

As I understand it they were invited to the temple to see what an important part it plays in the community in and around Pune. They were not brought to the temple to meet the owners. This was a chance meeting, more like a 'bumping in to'.

Bacup, nobody is saying they should go screaming and shouting and as the FF regulary meet club officials anyway, we wouldn't expect them to.

I am , I really want to rip their heads off!!

It seems to me that if Venkys don't grant the fans the opportunity to meet and voice their concerns then that can equally be spun to the press as bad PR for Venkys. If the whole trip is a PR exercise that would completely invalidate it. Hence I do think they will get their chance. Whether Venkys listen is the real nub of the issue

They don't care good or bad press as long as team venky is publicised

As for bumping into them , I'd love to with a 3 x 2.

I am , I really want to rip their heads off!!

They don't care good or bad press as long as team venky is publicised

The Pune 9 have bottled it big time. They are contributing to our Clubs downfall. They were supposed to be going for talks,not a jolly holiday! Any meetings should of been set up before they went as a provisor.

Seriously, we should hold back out comments on the Pune9 until they have returned and had chance to put their experiences, good and bad into their context.

Reading the stuff I have been able to access, it appears the Pune9 have been put in a somewhat compromised position but that should come as no surprise- I am sure they will be able to achieve some good out there even if it is only to spike Steve Kean's drinks a few months after the event, so to speak.

The Pune 9 have bottled it big time. They are contributing to our Clubs downfall. They were supposed to be going for talks,not a jolly holiday! Any meetings should of been set up before they went as a provisor.

It is not the fault of the pune9 if they are unable to meet the owners. It is down to the owners to make themselves available to be spoken too.

I believe that the pune9 will do and say what they can and when they can.

Seriously, we should hold back out comments on the Pune9 until they have returned and had chance to put their experiences, good and bad into their context.

Reading the stuff I have been able to access, it appears the Pune9 have been put in a somewhat compromised position but that should come as no surprise- I am sure they will be able to achieve some good out there even if it is only to spike Steve Kean's drinks a few months after the event, so to speak.

Without any kind of pre agreed agenda Philip, that was predictable in my eyes.

I have nothing against the Pune9 whatsoever, I just feel that they have inadvertantly given Venkys just what they wanted - another smoke screen - to give the impression that 'all's well'

I really hope that I am wrong and that they get the chance to speak openly with the owners, and that they come back full of praise for them.

It is not the fault of the pune9 if they are unable to meet the owners. It is down to the owners to make themselves available to be spoken too.

I believe that the pune9 will do and say what they can and when they can.

My view after 20+ years living, working and travelling throughout Asia: An Asian business owner is not going to discuss his product with a mere shopper. Ain't going to happen.

What was given as the original reason by the owners of inviting the 9 fans to pune?

They were always going to be compromised by accepting a free trip, the venkys have stated that they are backing Kean recently, what have they got to gain

by attending a meeting with real supporters who will tell them what they dont want to hear?

This whole trip was an obvious PR exercise for the venkys propoganda machine, nothing to do with revealing to their Indian supporters that they have

big problems at ewood park.

I will be very surprised if the pune 9 are given an opportunity to discuss anything with the venkys, it is not in their interests certainly at this time.

This trip was always going to be a jolly at the venkys expense and nothing more.

As fans we only have a limited ability to impact upon the opinion of the venkys, especially if they dont want to listen. They own the club lock stock and

barrel they can do what they want. Not good news for us fans in our present situation but true unfortunately.

Without any kind of pre agreed agenda Philip, that was predictable in my eyes.

I have nothing against the Pune9 whatsoever, I just feel that they have inadvertantly given Venkys just what they wanted - another smoke screen - to give the impression that 'all's well'

I really hope that I am wrong and that they get the chance to speak openly with the owners, and that they come back full of praise for them.

Exactly, as predicted by many on here, the P9 going over has just allowed Venkys to say 'look at our happy fans we've brought over'.

Refusing the trip would've been many much more of an impact.

I dont wish to bash the FF and the other 2 that have gone to represent us Rovers fans as, as Philipl has said and I have said on podcasts, UNTIL they return, we wont know what sort of impact them being there has had.

That being said, whilst I never was fully behind the idea of a select group of fans representing us and the talk of them refusing the trip was a little far fetched, I would like to think that, if being in their position and essentially, holding a large portion of the "Good PR" for Venkys in my/our hands, one thing I wouldve made damn sure of wouldve been, prior to going, a representative of the 9 shouldve met with a club official on behalf of the owners to identify an exact itinery for the trip and what was expected and not expected of them whilst in India.

The fact that this was not achieved prior wouldve left me int he position that until I knew why and what reasons we were going to Pune, complimentary trip aside, I wouldve seriously considered withdrawing as without a set agenda for the trip, it couldve turned into the Venkys PR exercise, which, at this current moment in time, it certainly looks like and the 9 representatives are being used by them and villified by us.

Glenn, Steve, Tome, Andy et al, you have my sincerest condolances in this situation but i do feel you have all been a tad naive about this trip.

Just my thoughts.

Bom

Archived