BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn V Newcastle

• Replies 695
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Call yourself fans, you should be ashamed. I know let's all be Man U fans.

HEre's a thought, since you might have normally attended the game but now you are not going to you should have a little extra time on your hands. Why not use 10-15 mins of that time to write a letter to Venky's telling them exactly why you chose not to go the game. Perhaps if EVERY INDIVIDUAL skipping the game mailed a hand written letter it might carry a bit of weight. (NOt in the postmans bag either)

'Lets all be Man U fans' What on earth does that mean?

I'll be there, but if people are unwilling to put £20 of their hard earned into a club that is being horrendously mismanaged then that's up to them.

Bit odd, claimimg the moral high ground from the US.

Option c. For me. I'll be going and taking my usual seat in the BBE (well, close to it if somebody has bought "mine" already).

As much as I'm desperate to see a change that'll stop the dire results, boycotting a game is going to make that less likely to happen than more, so I'll be there supporting the team as normal.

... oh and I've yet to see somebody admit that they wouldn't normally bother with an early round cup game anyway .... it's only a boycott if you'd have gone anyway.

... oh and I've yet to see somebody admit that they wouldn't normally bother with an early round cup game anyway .... it's only a boycott if you'd have gone anyway.

Exactly. This boycotting excuse is a load of rubbish. There are no plans to boycott this match, there's been no coordinated message that people should do it, nobody has been informed in the media that its happening. There is no boycott at the Newcastle game and nobody will interpret any fan not going as them boycotting it. Either people are going or they aren't. If most aren't then it'll just be a rubbish attendance and reflect badly on our support. One of our best cup draws in years, more than 50% chance of reaching the quarter final, Kean has actually shown he can win these sorts of matches, why not go?

What the flux are you talking about :blink:

Games where the opposition usually fields a weaker side and is less up for it than a league game. The closing down and tackling in these matches is generally nowhere near as sharp and as a result Kean's "total football" can actually work. Was exactly the same with Ince and he got some decent performances out of the team in the cups too (I remember us beating Everton 2-0 in a game where they couldn't get the ball off us). I'd honestly expect us to win this game.

Exactly. This boycotting excuse is a load of rubbish. There are no plans to boycott this match, there's been no coordinated message that people should do it, nobody has been informed in the media that its happening. There is no boycott at the Newcastle game and nobody will interpret any fan not going as them boycotting it. Either people are going or they aren't. If most aren't then it'll just be a rubbish attendance and reflect badly on our support.

I fully agree on the attendance Hypnotoad :tu:

HEre's a thought, since you might have normally attended the game but now you are not going to you should have a little extra time on your hands. Why not use 10-15 mins of that time to write a letter to Venky's telling them exactly why you chose not to go the game. Perhaps if EVERY INDIVIDUAL skipping the game mailed a hand written letter it might carry a bit of weight. (NOt in the postmans bag either)

USA, as someone who started supporting Rovers when we were in the old 3rd Division, I really don't see that you have the moral high ground on this issue, especially with me.

Why should I pay additional hard earned cash out to watch these clowns manage my club?

I have a season ticket (As per usual) and I went to the Leyton Orient game, as my Nephew wanted to go, so I have earned my right to make a choice.

As for writing a letter each? Get a Grip! You really think our Indian owners give a flying rats backside what we think at the moment???

For me, I think we should officially have boycotted this match to ram home our point, but as usual, the owners will collude with the media and undermine our inability to mobilise effectively, not a lot we can do about it at the moment.

For the record, I'll be part of the protest on Sunday and shall be calling for Steve Kean's resignation / sacking during the match when the opportunity arises. This will be far more effective than me putting pen to paper

For me, my wife & brother it will cost £50 for all of us to go. Money is a bit tight at the minute and not sure if the budget can stretch that.

I will probably end up going out of loyalty.

It doesnt make any difference writing letters as I have emailed Mr Hunt twice only to get a standard response of "bear with us lalalalalalalala".

Kean does not know how to manage a football team and I would rather save the £20 to go towards something else and spend the evening doing something other than wondering how poor we played.

Instead I am going out with the missus for a nice meal, the pictures and a drink. The game doesnt even feature in my thoughts at this present time.

KEAN OUT

It doesnt make any difference writing letters as I have emailed Mr Hunt twice only to get a standard response of "bear with us lalalalalalalala".

Kean does not know how to manage a football team and I would rather save the £20 to go towards something else and spend the evening doing something other than wondering how poor we played.

Instead I am going out with the missus for a nice meal, the pictures and a drink. The game doesnt even feature in my thoughts at this present time.

KEAN OUT

You missed the point I was trying to make, write the letter not just an e-mail, just my opinion the the good old fashioned way might just make more of a point than something that can just be shift-deleted. BUt there's good people dis-count it out of hand. Just my thought is all. NOt sure where the words moral high ground came in to play, not your post 1864, someone else's. JUst trying to say there was a time you followed your club through thick and thin, Or thin thin and more thin. It is all your prerogatives to spend your money as you choose. Seems a load of ###### to me though this boycotting and demonstrating. ONe thing for sure though it's seen us in the news more than anything football related ever did in recent history.

I am not about to bicker back and forth about any of this cos if there is one thing I've learned about this board those who have views are right and those with differing views are mostly just idiots. No disrespect intended to ANY of you who spend their hard earned money watching Rovers, it just all seems a bit foreign to me.

Dave of the Rovers I do think you might be right about an ORGANISED boycott, but it would have to be that, organised and massive.

You missed the point I was trying to make, write the letter not just an e-mail, just my opinion the the good old fashioned way might just make more of a point than something that can just be shift-deleted. BUt there's good people dis-count it out of hand. Just my thought is all. NOt sure where the words moral high ground came in to play, not your post 1864, someone else's. JUst trying to say there was a time you followed your club through thick and thin, Or thin thin and more thin. It is all your prerogatives to spend your money as you choose. Seems a load of ###### to me though this boycotting and demonstrating. ONe thing for sure though it's seen us in the news more than anything football related ever did in recent history.

I am not about to bicker back and forth about any of this cos if there is one thing I've learned about this board those who have views are right and those with differing views are mostly just idiots. No disrespect intended to ANY of you who spend their hard earned money watching Rovers, it just all seems a bit foreign to me.

Dave of the Rovers I do think you might be right about an ORGANISED boycott, but it would have to be that, organised and massive. ALso not to say I told you so but anyone remember back when this all started, the news came out that these people were taking over our club and I mentioned I had a really bad feeling about this, yes, I was called a fool then too ;)

Archived